Arrow Season 7, Episode 16: "Star City 2040"

Mia, Connor, and the future version of Team Arrow need to be in Legends.

Did I misinterpret something, or was Ollie implied to still be living when Mia was in that wooden house retreat? If that is indeed true, then his death in the crossover (unless the crossover is a time jump in itself) doesn’t quite add up.
I'm hoping they're getting ready to throw a curve ball and he doesn't die; they haven't exactly been subtle about implying it, so maybe it's a bait and switch.

Mia, Connor, and the future version of Team Arrow need to be in Legends.
There’s already too many Legends for the writers to know what to do with, and you want to add more? :p

I don't get why she's so angry. Her mother was still doing vigilante work as a hacker, and that sets her off? Then she runs to a decaying city where people really had to fight to survive and she suddenly sees herself as part of the 'struggle nation' crowd? No.
If anyone should feel the way she does, it's William, as he apparently still thinks Oliver and Felicity just abandoned him. That should be a good conversation. Probably the only interesting one I'm looking forward to in the FFs.

I don't get why she's so angry. Her mother was still doing vigilante work as a hacker, and that sets her off? Then she runs to a decaying city where people really had to fight to survive and she suddenly sees herself as part of the 'struggle nation' crowd? No.
If anyone should feel the way she does, it's William, as he apparently still thinks Oliver and Felicity just abandoned him. That should be a good conversation. Probably the only interesting one I'm looking forward to in the FFs.

Her tude would only make sense if Oliver died doing vigilante stuff and Felicity promised never to do it again. Fear of more loss translated into anger.

Mia is one of the most obnoxiously whiny characters I've seen on one of these shows in quite some time. Thank goodness they're not planning to attempt to continue the show with her at some stage, lol.

Yeah, she is poorly written but I will say that Katherine McNamara is going places. I would not be surprised if she ends up in the MCU or DCEU playing some character in the future.

I didn’t know who she was before, and after seeing her as this character, I REALLY don’t care to, so I’ll just take your word for that, lol.

I haven’t seen her in anything other than Arrow but from what I’ve seen, she doesn’t impress me

I've seen Katherine McNamara before and think she could be good to lead a show. She's just not that well written here but now she's over her anger that could change. Mia is a bit more reminiscent of early Thea than Felicity or Oliver.

Why did Nyssa look pregnant, and the whole time she was training Mia over all these years?

Why did Mia take off her shoes to fight in her bare feet? Was she trying to avoid some kind of sensors? Wouldn't she get hurt not wearing shoes? It's not like she was wearing heels. They seemed to be just boots or flat shoes later on.

I've seen Katherine McNamara before and think she could be good to lead a show. She's just not that well written here but now she's over her anger that could change. Mia is a bit more reminiscent of early Thea than Felicity or Oliver.

Why did Nyssa look pregnant, and the whole time she was training Mia over all these years?

Why did Mia take off her shoes to fight in her bare feet? Was she trying to avoid some kind of sensors? Wouldn't she get hurt not wearing shoes? It's not like she was wearing heels. They seemed to be just boots or flat shoes later on.

Good catch. She’s pregnant in real life.

Man I’m torn. I really love this show but it’s been unwatchable since after the prison arc.

Katrina/Nyssa gave birth to her child like 2/3 weeks before shooting this episode.

Katrina/Nyssa gave birth to her child like 2/3 weeks before shooting this episode.

Well it would be understandable that she wouldn't have lost the weight yet. I can't remember if she did anything active at all in this episode or whether she just stood there and instructed Mia.

How come we never saw Thea in the future? That might be a bit difficult to age her up though, because she still looks quite girlish in appearance even though she's slightly older than Felicity.

Rene's wig in the future looks ridiculous.

Well it would be understandable that she wouldn't have lost the weight yet. I can't remember if she did anything active at all in this episode or whether she just stood there and instructed Mia.

How come we never saw Thea in the future? That might be a bit difficult to age her up though, because she still looks quite girlish in appearance even though she's slightly older than Felicity.

Rene's wig in the future looks ridiculous.

Thea is younger than Felicity. But Willa isn't on the show so no reason to include her in a future she can't show up in. Diggle is the only regular we haven't encountered yet that isn't leaving the show.

Initially, I liked the Lian Yu flashbacks. (Though, eventually, these became frustrating and tiring: extended well beyond their best-before-date.)

Likewise, I find that the flashforwards are - at least so far - holding my interest. More so, indeed, than the main/present day stuff. But… apparently, this is a minority opinion. :ebr:

I think, in her undercover guise as a corporate assistant, Mia was wearing heels. Later, she stole/procured a pair of sensible shoes.

Thea is younger than Felicity. But Willa isn't on the show so no reason to include her in a future she can't show up in. Diggle is the only regular we haven't encountered yet that isn't leaving the show.

I meant Willa is older than Emily even though Thea is younger than Felicity. Willa has always looked younger and more of a girl.

Initially, I liked the Lian Yu flashbacks. (Though, eventually, these became frustrating and tiring: extended well beyond their best-before-date.)

Likewise, I find that the flashforwards are - at least so far - holding my interest. More so, indeed, than the main/present day stuff. But… apparently, this is a minority opinion. :ebr:

I think, in her undercover guise as a corporate assistant, Mia was wearing heels. Later, she stole/procured a pair of sensible shoes.

The flash forwards have been okay, and I don't mind Mia. She's certainly more interesting to watch so far than Batwoman. Well, Katherine McNamara is a better actress and more likeable than Ruby Rose. I'd also watch McNamara over Emily Bett Rickards.

And where did Mia just happen to find shoes that fitted her exactly? Unless she brought a pair along? But then why not change into those?

If they did do a Black Star spin-off, I wonder if they're also going to bring Nora into the mix as a descendant of the Flash.

Last edited:
And where did Mia just happen to find shoes that fitted her exactly?

Sara was resurrected via the Lazarus Pit. Moira Queen, once charged with murdering over 500 people :wow:, thought she could get elected mayor of Starling City. Etc.

So on a scale of wacky occurrences, randomly finding a pair of shoes that fit is pretty low on the list. :word:

Why did they make Mia Felicity's daughter? Katherine McNamara actually looks more like Laurel Lance's daughter.

MV5BOThhZTkxMWMtY2UyYS00MTdlLTk1ZmMtZWQ0OWFkZjE2YTA1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjU0ODI4MzY@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Does she not look more like Katie Cassidy?

They could've made her Oliver and Laurel's daughter from an alternate earth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"