Season 7, Episode 18: "Lost Canary"

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by NotNickFury, Apr 15, 2019.

1. NotNickFury

NotNickFury Registered

And we are back.

2. NotNickFury

NotNickFury Registered

Odd timing for Sara's arrival. With both shows having been on a break, it's hard to tell when this episode of Arrow takes place alongside Legends. I can't imagine it's around the same time as tonight's Legends unless Sara went from doing a Bollywood dance number to taking a little trip to Star City.

Not unlikely, though, but the timeline has me puzzled.

3. Manasrepublic

Manasrepublic Registered

Fantastic to have Laurel regress into being evil again... sounds fresh and original

Jokes aside, I’ve been struggling with the last few episodes of this show. They haven’t been that entertaining

4. Jedi Arrow

Jedi Arrow Vigilant Knight

But...she doesn't?

5. Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

It was an ok episode but far from the best. The highlight was definitely the female focus.

It always amazes me that these writers are paid to write this show since it seems like half the time they turn in their homework late and half assed.

Laurel is revealed to have worked with Diaz and allegedly killing someone so she decides to say "fork it. I'm going back to a life of crime and stealing money for no apparent reason" and all because Dinah didn't trust her? It isn't hard to have propped Laurel up in the middle of the season, have her reveal Emiko as a bad guy, TA not believe her, and have Emiko turn the team against her forcing Laurel to give into her darker side to pretend to get in Emikos good Grace's in order to expose her to the team. Or at least give her a good motivation for going after all this money.

Ending her journey with her no longer running by going back to E2 wasn't that strong. She wasn't running anymore on E1 and they should've done more to show that she views E1 as more of a home then E2.

They are really going hard that Felicity was hidden from the world and only had 1 visitor who happened to be Nyssa. Laurel should've come around periodically to hang and know Mia.

So Laurel is fully redeemed *yay* but did they really have to have her wear E1 Laurels uniform? That's just lazy. If you're going to have her become a Canary then let her have her own uniform since her taste is definitely different from OG Laurel.

It was great to see Sara back on Arrow outside of the annual crossover and see her get to interact with Felicity and Laurel. I do wish she and Dinah had the chance to have an actual conversation about Dinah taking up the mantle from her sister.

The whole Canary network is of course dealt with poorly since all this time we've only heard of them and never seen them in action outside of Zoe.

Shadow Theif was brief but fun and should've been a meta to make her more formidable.

6. shabadoo25

shabadoo25 Registered

This was a typical CW ep that had many plot points that made little sense but was saved by some humor and decent performances.

BTW, wouldn't it almost make more sense for some of these characters to wear their uniforms/costumes where they look insanely hot when they are in their lairs and "blend into the world" outfits when they are not? Yeah, none of it really makes much sense anyhow.

And why would E2 Laurel want to go back there where she has purportedly done many worse things and become a mega fugitive from the law? Was she going to turn herself in there to the cops?

7. Deltron3030

Deltron3030 Registered

Wow this was utterly terrible of an episode. Some of the worst activity I’ve seen and the plot just as bad. The actress who plays felicity is one of the worst I’ve ever seen and the one who plays laurel is just as bad if not worse!

8. Flash525

Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

I've gotta' say this wasn't a very good episode. Dinah and the SSPC expected her to be a murderer, and so she was on their wanted list, so she hooked up with an old colleague, killed a few people (or at least was an accomplice to killing) and now all of a sudden she's released to Earth-2? Okay then...

JMLZ likes this.
  9. WhoMani

WhoMani Registered

This episode was very boring to me and its dumb that Laurel decided to become Black Siren again just because the picture of her with Diaz went public. Laurel possibly regressing into being a bad guy again was redundant as the writers already used this plot point in season 7 but I'm glad the show finally decided that she's redeemed. I don't really like that Laurel decided to return to Earth-2 just because she's good now as there wasn't any indication in past episodes that she missed her Earth and that the writers never really expand her past on Earth-2, we just got hints but that's about it.

This felt like filler and Shadow Thief herself was just another generic villian.

10. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I prefer Laurel in her Black Siren costume. It looks more flattering than her Black Canary costume with the wig and domino mask.

I wish they revealed that Laurel hadn't really regressed but had really gone undercover to bring down Shadow Thief rather than Dinah just spinning it that way.

Also wish she hadn't gone back to Earth 2. I guess she's not playing anymore.

11. Dr.

Dr. Unknown Toronto member

That would have been somewhat familiar and predictable twist… but still 100x better than the ham-fisted redemption arc they came up with. :word:

12. Dark Raven

Well not that she had gone under cover with Dinah's approval and consent or with anyone else knowing. But more that she wanted to take Shadow Thief and all those people on her DA list down herself because she felt that being a DA was too constricting within the boundaries of the law.

Also, if she has gone back to Earth 2, aren't people going to wonder what's happened to DA Laurel Lance?

Also, it appears that Katie Cassidy isn't leaving as such:

Is Katie Cassidy Leaving 'Arrow' — Again?

13. Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

This show is all "KC isn't gone!" As she probably disappears from 19-21 just reappear for 5mins in 7x22. She's really been wasted this season.

14. Dark Raven

That's what I thought would happen. Although they say she hasn't left, she probably has effectively. If she comes back, it's more like she's making a guest appearance. At one point they could've said Willa Holland was still playing, but was she really when her appearances were brief and few and far between?

#14 Dark Raven, Apr 17, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    Primal Slayer likes this.
  15. shabadoo25

shabadoo25 Registered

Was there killing though?
    Looks like they were looking for a reason to ditch Laurel-2 and this was their hamhanded way of doing it.

16. Flash525

Her partner stabbed the cash launderer, and the police officer no doubt with intent to kill. If those people somehow survived (which I wouldn't have thought was the likely desire) then there'd at least have been an attempted murder case on the go.

17. Dark Raven

Katie Cassidy is a better actress than Emily Bett Rickards. Yes, KC isn't the greatest actress, but at least whenever she has to do something more dramatic, she doesn't have this quivering and whiny voice that comes across very melodramatic and cringe-worthy like EBR.

EBR is definitely the worst by a long way. You can watch these videos in the spoiler tags to see her in real life to see for yourself. They're not spoilers, I just didn't want them displayed:

18. Prison Mike

Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

It’s funny. I missed all the CW superhero episodes this past week but I don’t have any sense of urgency to watch them. They all seemed very skippable.

19. Flash525

Beyond cringe worthy.