Season 7, Episode 2 "Stormborn" Discussion Thread

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
JdOeXqo.jpg

Preview
[YT]HoXDsTIu_10[/YT]​

Aren't Direwolves supposed to be bigger?

They're already like the size of a tiger. How much bigger should they be?

latest

Ghost looks big here but wolves are pretty big, too.

tumblr_nhma50Mzsc1sjq0vho1_250.gif

Direwolves should be bigger still, I always imagined them being the size of a small horse.

Personally, I don't care how big they are or aren't (though I think that the size Ghost was the last time we saw him (somewhere in Season 6) was a pretty good size for them (here he is laying next to Jon's body back at the beginning of S6)... I just want to see more of them in the show (it still bugs me that the dragons get so much love and it feels like the dire wolves are shoved off to the side/barely shown anymore). Ghost should be at Jon's side, during those meetings with the bannermen and what not, dang it!

It'll be interesting to see what happens if that is indeed Nymeria that's in the promo for this episode (I'm not so certain it is, it could be one of the regular wolves in her pack though... which could mean she'll appear somewhere in the ep.)

Last edited:
Yeah, they definitely need to show the wolves more. It's really pretty ridiculous that they don't.

Yeah, they definitely need to show the wolves more. It's really pretty ridiculous that they don't.

Now that all but two of them are dead, you'd think that would be a reasonable feat.

At least it looks like [BLACKOUT]Nymeria is back in the next episode, but that still doesn't excuse Ghost's absence. [/BLACKOUT]

I'd once heard that it was because animating scales/skin is much easier than animating fur, so they needed to use real wolves. And filming the wolves has to be done separately (danger to crew/issues with their training/travel limitations).

But with how good CGI is in the Apes movies I do wonder if it would be that hard, really. I'd take a CGI wolf, even if it wasn't 100%, myself.

Direwolves should be about the size of a horse.

As for direwolves in the show... spoilers... in case anyone is too stupid to understand that... don't click this if you don't want to know.

Nymeria is nothing more than a quick cameo... no more the rest of the season...and apparently Ghost isn't in the season at all.

that's that word on the kings road at least.

A small horse. I thought that's what I read.

maybe this size (if we are to think Robb is 16 like the books...otherwise a bit smaller)

robb.jpg

The wiki says they can grow as large as ponies, but that seems a bit too small. In the show I'd prefer they be the size of a male lion or larger...

012551829-big.jpg

I'd like for them to be stockier than wolves. Have thicker fur. And more aggressive faces. Make them look like a big ice age era predator that could stand up against a sabertooth or take down a wooly mammoth.

Last edited:
Normally I'd say "Marv, you're 17, it's time to put these childish things aside and grow up" only I won't say that, I'll say "Marv, stop being a ****ing dinosaur and get a job."

I'd once heard that it was because animating scales/skin is much easier than animating fur, so they needed to use real wolves. And filming the wolves has to be done separately (danger to crew/issues with their training/travel limitations).

But with how good CGI is in the Apes movies I do wonder if it would be that hard, really. I'd take a CGI wolf, even if it wasn't 100%, myself.

The direwolves on GoT aren't real wolves though. They're actually Northern Inuit dogs, because you can't import wolves into the UK.

http://www.gameofthrones-winterfelltours.com/direwolvestour

Last edited:
They should use the same big wolves they used in the Twilight movies. And they should also talk to each other like they did in Twilight. Yeah

[BLACKOUT]I kid I kid[/BLACKOUT]

Direwolves should be about the size of a horse.

As for direwolves in the show... spoilers... in case anyone is too stupid to understand that... don't click this if you don't want to know.

Nymeria is nothing more than a quick cameo... no more the rest of the season...and apparently Ghost isn't in the season at all.

that's that word on the kings road at least.

IIRC *SPOILERS*

Jon will bid Ghost goodbye before leaving to Dragonstone, and won't be back in Winterfell for the rest of the season.

The direwolves on GoT aren't real wolves though. They're actually Northern Inuit dogs, because you can't import wolves into the UK.

http://www.gameofthrones-winterfelltours.com/direwolvestour

I thought those were just the ones used for when they were puppies in season 1.

IIRC *SPOILERS*

Jon will bid Ghost goodbye before leaving to Dragonstone, and won't be back in Winterfell for the rest of the season.

I thought those were just the ones used for when they were puppies in season 1.

:idk: i dont remember that part but still... guess i shouldn't be annoyed, the direwolves have done **** all for 6 seasons.

No love for the Direwolves from D&D. As usual.:(

They're far more into the dragons. Even though they didn't name them for something like 4 seasons...

:idk: i dont remember that part but still... guess i shouldn't be annoyed, the direwolves have done **** all for 6 seasons.

other than save major players' lives you mean?

other than save major players' lives you mean?

Edit: I'm not even going to argue this. If you think the direwolves have been prominent and meaningful for most of the series, have at it hoss.

Last edited:
D&D definitely seem far more interested in using Dragons than direwolves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"