Season 7, Episode 2 "Stormborn" Discussion Thread

I suspect we might be setting up Littlefinger trying to screw over Jon during his absence and being killed by Arya.

wow its as if people have read spoilers or something.

tumblr_inline_otkqdmQhDu1u91gtv_540.gif

Or it could just be Nymeria thinking "Yeah, you're alright... but I've got my own thing going on here. These wolves think I'm God or something, so I'm just going to stick with them."

Despite my reservations, Euron's well and truly the MVP of the season so far. That was some Mad Max type ****.

Or it could just be Nymeria thinking "Yeah, you're alright... but I've got my own thing going on here. These wolves think I'm God or something, so I'm just going to stick with them."

"Plus I heard my brothers who were with your's died so yeah I'll just stay here..."

Despite my reservations, Euron's well and truly the MVP of the season so far. That was some Mad Max type ****.

I did like how his sails appeared out of the darkness with an ominous crack of lightning. That's good stuff. A lot better than the "Let's go murder them" try-hard version from last season.

Oh and I gotta say, this whole episode feels like one big Reddit info dump. In a good way...

I did like how his sails appeared out of the darkness with an ominous crack of lightning. That's good stuff. A lot better than the "Let's go murder them" try-hard version from last season.

Yeah I've got no idea what the hell they were doing with him last season. His entrance on the bridge had promise, but the whole Kingsmoot degenerated pretty fast.

But now....

i17hpk4guebz.jpg

Theon jumping off the boat reminded me of Forrest Gump finding out his momma was sick.

Could it be both?

She recognized her. Nymeria has just changed too much to return to being a faithful pet. That's why they included the thow back to S1 with Arya saying "that's just not you." Echoing Arya's "that's just not me" to Ned when he showed her the pictures of the princess she should be. D&D talked about it in the after the show behind the scenes spot.

That was very cool, indeed. :)

This definitely feels like a New and Improved Euron.

Loved the Arya/Nymeria moment. Nymeria being a perfect reflection of Arya in that they just have that need to ignore what others want for them and forge their own path. Arya gets it, lol.

They addressed some stuff I didn't expect them to (Varys, Myrcella, etc), but kind of awkwardly at places. Not a bad episode, up until the battle, which was awesome.

Didn't the Night's Watch use a ballista in the battle of CB? They treat it as a new invention in this episode.

Also Rickon made me chuckle.

Was that Connor McGregor pummeling one of Yara's men with his bare hands?

They addressed some stuff I didn't expect them to (Varys, Myrcella, etc), but kind of awkwardly at places. Not a bad episode, up until the battle, which was awesome.

Didn't the Night's Watch use a ballista in the battle of CB? They treat it as a new invention in this episode.

Also Rickon made me chuckle.

Well the South and the Maesters are cocky and egotistical. They would be the sort to think they were the first to invent something.

Tho what he said could have been taken as the Maester simply meaning that they had to build one from scratch based on prior knowledge of the weapon.

We got some info from the showrunners on the after show. Arya's statement to Nymeria was a throwback to episode 1 when Ned was telling her about how she was going to grow up and be a lady of a castle and raise kids and she told him "that's not me"

Nymeria wasn't meant to be a pet. She had her own pack now and that was who she is.

I suspect we might be setting up Littlefinger trying to screw over Jon during his absence and being killed by Arya.
Isn't Littlefinger on Arya's hit list too? It's almost a foregone conclusion that she's going to be the one to do him in if he is.

Dammit, I'm becoming afraid to talk about this stuff because the spoilers I've definitely read and my own speculations are blurring in my head and I can't remember which was which, lol.

Arya's statement to Nymeria was a throwback to episode 1 when Ned was telling her about how she was going to grow up and be a lady of a castle and raise kids and she told him "that's not me"

Yeah, it definitely rang a bell to me. The way Arya said "No... that's not me" sounded like very 21st century vernacular to me and always stood out. When she said "That's not you" to Nymeria, it set off flags in my brain, but I couldn't remember from when/where/who exactly. A quick search led me to, not episode 1, but episode 4 of season 1 ;-)

Btw, first post here ever after occasionally lurking for.. well.. a couple years now. Of course it had to be to correct someone. I'm a bit of a pedant sometimes xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"