The Walking Dead Season 7, Episode 2 "The Well" Discussion Thread

Could the Saviors potentially get sick from eating the pigs even if they're cooked? We never did find out back in season five when the Termites were eating Bob because they all got killed before he was even digested.

To follow up one of the most intense episodes, it's only fitting that we get one of the most mellow episodes, if not the mellowest of the whole show to date. I thought it was going to be really slow but I quite enjoyed it. It's cool to see Shiva around, though she's just window dressing for now.

Same. I was iffy about the actor (I was worried he'd be too young as I was expecting more of a Keith David type), but he sold it for me during that scene with Carol at the end.

Can't wait until the Sanctuary next week!
And his actor voiced Cyborg and Kal'dur

Could the Saviors potentially get sick from eating the pigs even if they're cooked? We never did find out back in season five when the Termites were eating Bob because they all got killed before he was even digested.

I'm not even sure have the kingdom been feeding them pigs for a while now or is this the first time there doing this.

pretty sure this was not the first time, that Savior mentioned he liked how they were bigger this time. I don't think anything will come of the zombie fed pigs, is more of just a way to secretly stick it to Negan and his men.

which I'm cool with, it would satisfy me a little bit knowing all the things I had to give Negan and his saviors had at least a little pee on it.

Ezekiel wants some Carol

and pomegranates take to much work to really enjoy one

The pomegranates kept making me think of the story of Persephone and Hades. And it did kind of parallel. Good job, TWD!

So it looks like Carol is getting Michonne's comic book arc, while Michonne gets Andrea's.

Good that that wasn't another soul crushing episode.

A lot of people on Tumblr and other places online don't want Carol and Ezekiel to happen because they're Daryl/Carol shippers. I've always seen Daryl as completely asexual and his relationship with Carol being more brotherly than anything. There was also that other dude from Alexandria that she was involved with but who really cares about him anyway? :o

I enjoyed this episode. Really lighten up the mood a little after last week’s depressing and traumatic premiere.

Ezekiel and the Kingdom was a nice change of pace from previous communities on the show, imo. I liked that Ezekiel saw through Carol’s façade b/c he’s been putting on a facade as well. Plus before the apocalypse he had experience as a stage actor. So he would know a thing or two about acting. I was surprised how much backstory we got on Ezekiel. Normally it takes a couple of episodes (for some characters a season or two) for a new character to be fleshed out. Unusual for new character’s intro episode. We know more about Ezekiel than we do Jesus’ character so far.

I was confused why Ezekiel had those pigs eating walkers b/c I thought he’d be feeding his community those same pigs. It became more clear once it was revealed that the Saviors were taking the slaughtered pigs as food, which was both hilarious and clever.

great episode. Despite only focusing on 2 characters, I think I may have liked this more than the premiere

Ezekiel...dont trust him. Seems more like a cult

great episode. Despite only focusing on 2 characters, I think I may have liked this more than the premiere

Ezekiel...dont trust him. Seems more like a cult

You may be wise not to. The story between him and Carol parallels that of Hades and Persephone. It even focuses on pomegranates!

^Ezekiel plastering the Kingdom's walls with his own quotes is a giveaway that he's got a massive ego. Carol should beware, though I do kinda like her and Ezekiel together.

At first I was enormously disappointed in Ezekiel. His character was so OTT that it was hard for me to grasp 1) why anyone would act that way, and 2) why anyone would follow a king who acted that way. I'm relieved it's all just an act though the citizens of the Kingdom ought to tell Ezekiel to stuff it already.

Speaking of the Kingdom, I was surprised not only by how well-functioning it was, but at the forward thinking of its citizens. They ride horses, which can't run out of gas, and use weapons that can't run out of bullets. Smart.

I think they're laying down the foundation for Carol's ultimate demise (Which thank god if it happens). I don't think she'll make it out of this season.

Loved this episode, Ezekiel and Shiva were awesome, Carol was superb as usual.

Ever since last season they've ruined Carol for me and this episode made it even worse for me honestly. Good god. Love Shiva and Ezekiel and all that but Carol they continue to make worse now for me.

What's so bad about Carol?

I don't like this whole turn her character has had. She went from a beaten woman and became strong and a badass and now she's all back to questioning things and not being the badass she was. It's a different world, and she's went back to now being all about not wanting to kill it's too much for her etc. The killing upsets her. I don't like the way her arc is going personally. It annoyed me with Morgan, it is annoying me with her now as well.

Morgan never went from surpressed victim to bad ass. It makes sense for Carol to question all the killing she's done considering who she once was, and how this world has turned her into something so merciless. Carol shut herself off emotionally. Look how she treated Sam. The sweet nurturing mother of Sophia threatening to leave a child tied up in the middle of nowhere to be eaten alive by zombies. She traumatized him, and inadvertantly caused his death.

She's tormented by what she has become and what she's done. Frankly I think she's far less annoying about her demons than Morgan and his all life is precious credo.

What's so bad about Carol?

She was downright insulting to Ezekiel. And pretty condescending. While I can see why she would take issue with Ezekiel being called the king, the Kingdom appears to be run pretty efficiently. People grow their own produce, and they wear protective gear when venturing outside. If you were to compare the Kingdom to Alexandria, I think the Kingdom would be the significantly better run operation. So, Carol's "this place is a joke" comments seem uncalled for.

She was downright insulting to Ezekiel. And pretty condescending. While I can see why she would take issue with Ezekiel being called the king, the Kingdom appears to be run pretty efficiently. People grow their own produce, and they wear protective gear when venturing outside. If you were to compare the Kingdom to Alexandria, I think the Kingdom would be the significantly better run operation. So, Carol's "this place is a joke" comments seem uncalled for.

She did the same thing with Alexandria. She called the people there children, and that's why she puts on the facade of a sweet homemaker type because "children like stories". Alexandria looked good and efficent from the outset, but it quickly fell apart at the seams. So Carol expressing derision at a place run by a guy who frankly looks like a kook pretending to be a king with a pet tiger on a leash was understandable.

In the comics Michonne did the same thing.

Morgan never went from surpressed victim to bad ass. It makes sense for Carol to question all the killing she's done considering who she once was, and how this world has turned her into something so merciless. Carol shut herself off emotionally. Look how she treated Sam. The sweet nurturing mother of Sophia threatening to leave a child tied up in the middle of nowhere to be eaten alive by zombies. She traumatized him, and inadvertantly caused his death.

She's tormented by what she has become and what she's done. Frankly I think she's far less annoying about her demons than Morgan and his all life is precious credo.

I still don't like what they're doing with her. :shrug: That's just me. She became an awesome character and then in my eyes they've just been making her worse, in my opinion. I'm pretty much done with her although I know they'll keep her around in the show for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"