Season 7, Episode 3: "Crossing Lines"

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by NotNickFury, Oct 22, 2018.

1. NotNickFury Registered

2. NotNickFury Registered

Well, looks like Agent Watson is no longer part of the equation right now going forward.

3. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Another decent episode.

It was refreshing to see JJ and such a normal family scene even if it lasted a couple of seconds and took place in Argus. We need more normal moments for the characters.

The Prison scenes were extra brutal tonight and with Oliver going to Lvl 2 I hope that he has a harder time beating up the guys down there then he does up above him. The fights are fun but they get boring when you know the outcome. Kudos to them for giving us a tiny glimpse into Bronze Tiger and saving Lyla.

It is embarrassing that the writers feel the need to have to make the FBI look like morons on every single level. Cant get intel on Diaz, not even worried about Diaz! It shouldn't take Felicity walking in to get something done. But that was a fun team to put together. If there were ever a time for the "Outsiders" to make their debut, it is this part of the season.

Though I need the writers to do better when expecting us to believe that Rene of all people was able to catch Silencer just like how we are supposed to believe that Argus couldn't catch Diaz so they put it offscreen.

4. Pennywise Registered

The highlights yet again were the Longbow Hunters and Oliver’s time in prison. Also liked how we got to see a bit more to Bronze Tiger.

5. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

There's something going on with that Stanley Dover guy; he's following Ollie around like a lost puppy. He's either going to be killed off (soon) or he's not quite who he appears to be.

6. WhoMani Registered

Again another solid episode and Beth Schwartz is doing a good job as the showrunner. The prison scenes are again the highlight and I'm looking forward to Level 2 as it's apparently much worse.

I like that Bronze Tiger gotten some development and he isn't written like another brainless thug. Even though he's not a nice guy I did like that the writers acknowledged that he saved Lyla's life which indicates that he's a man with honour. I kinda liked near the end that he gives Oliver a look of pity (or perhaps regret) and it seems to me that he has a grudging respect towards Oliver.

Felicity again was slightly annoying, its not even on how the character is written but it's rather the performance of Emily Bett Rickards as she's simply isn't a great actress. I actually felt bad for agent Watson which I never thought I would say and I have a feeling that she will play a part into getting Oliver released. The FBI were total morons in this episode.

#6 WhoMani, Oct 30, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  7. shabadoo25 Registered

These eps have been better than last season, but just like back then we are having these "make a deal with the FBI to get them to do their jobs" nonsense. Last year's idiotic treatments of law enforcement and the courts really sunk the whole season.

8. Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

Definitely feels like the show got a good shot in the arm. Really enjoying the season so far.

9. Karelia I Know

I'll agree with the above statements. Flash was owning it for the first three seasons, now I feel like Arrow is the top show out of the bunch.

10. Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

Seasons 3 and 4 of Flash were not good, though.

Flash525 likes this.
  11. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Agreed. Seasons 3 & 4 of Flash were painful to watch at times. Flash S5 has potential though, especially if they're sticking with that three-season arc. Arrow was the better show for me last season, and if the first three episodes of this year are anything to go by, it'll be my preferred show this season too.

12. WhoMani Registered

I would that The Flash first two seasons were awesome but the next two seasons have been a hit and miss for me. Atm Arrow is the best show followed by The Flash and Supergirl. Legends has been meh so far.

13. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

How did JJ get so old? He looks about 7 or 8. He would've had to have been born before the series started. He was just a baby recently.

I really don't like hearing Felicity's quiverring voice.

14. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

I think Flashpoint didnt just swap out the genders for the Diggles but moved the pregnancy all together.

15. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I'm not sure about that. Didn't we see JJ still as a baby at one point rather than now being a toddler? I think they simply wanted to age him up even if continuity didn't follow, because they do that in all shows.

16. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Maybe. I skipped majority of S5 and I cant remember seeing him in S6.