The Walking Dead Season 7 Episode 3 "The Cell" Discussion Thread

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
gfUnYk1.jpg

Promo
[YT]ZnYA5KDStvM[/YT]

Excited for a Daryl-centric episode. The character has had so little to do in the series lately, but when they do decide to focus on him, it tends to be fun. It'll also be cool to see how Negan's group is set up.

I could totally seeing the burnt faces dude turning on Negan and helping out the goodies.

I really hope Daryl gets the upper hand and murders the sh** out of redneck Harvey Dent. I ****ing hate that guy. Like, Negan is a horrible bastard too, but I want him to hang around for a while and cause all sorts of carnage. But burnt-face biker *****e needs to get his head ripped off.

I just hope we don't see a total of 5 minutes for Negan in this episode.

I agree with everyone else. Dwight needs to go. I really dislike his character.

Dwight bothers me too, but I think it's the actor. He doesn't hold a candle next to the other Saviors like JDM's Negan or even Steven Ogg as Simon.

Mm...... dog food sandwich, my favorite! :p

Now I'm going to have that stupid song stuck in my head all night. :p

Okay, we were only two minutes into that before another commercial break. What the hell?

hope it picks up a bit more during the next half hour

I just hope they change the darn song. :p

this episode had some cool moments overall but largely felt like filler

Didn’t really enjoy this episode. We didn’t learn much more about Negan or the Saviors that we didn’t already know, and they really should be catching up on how Maggie is dealing with Glenn’s death before we check in on Daryl. The episode ended exactly where it started and just didn’t go anywhere.

Didn’t really enjoy this episode. We didn’t learn much more about Negan or the Saviors that we didn’t already know, and they really should be catching up on how Maggie is dealing with Glenn’s death before we check in on Daryl. The episode ended exactly where it started and just didn’t go anywhere.
I suppose they meant to give us an idea of what it's like to live at Negan's, but I don't know that we needed a whole episode for that.

I thought it was okay. There have been worse filler episodes. I'm glad next week's return to Alexandria is 90 minutes.

I kind of felt a little bit sorry for Dwight by the end of the episode. Also that Roy Orbison bit at the end hit my feel zones.

I'm glad that even though we spend a good amount of time at the Sanctuary, we don't see that much of it or even the dreaded iron ritual. I'm guessing that come later, whether through Daryl witnessing it or if the door is left open for Negan to still bring Carl to the Sanctuary.

I enjoyed the episode, but this show has GOT to cut the s*** narratively. You have a huge ensemble cast! Stop with the episodes focused on 2-3 of the main characters! Game of Thrones has been hopping from location to location, weaving multiple storylines together in single episodes practically since Day 1. Don't drop a hugely pivotal episode on us and then make us wait three episodes to get back to 90% of the regular cast. It's nice that you want to give a little backstory, but Jesus f***ing Christ.

Now, since I've gotten the heavy criticism out of the way, the fans whining that we've learned more about Dwight in one episode than we learned about Glenn in six seasons can shut the f*** up. And they'll get back around to showing Maggie's grief, so can it about her too.

Last edited:
That's a catchy tune.

We'll see a dead Darryl before we see Darryl answer "that" question with a "Negan".

If he hadn't been feeding Darryl dog food. I might feel sorry for him like others. But he didn't, so I don't and I wish him death.

That's a catchy tune.

We'll see a dead Darryl before we see Darryl answer "that" question with a "Negan".

If he hadn't been feeding Darryl dog food. I might feel sorry for him like others. But he didn't, so I don't and I wish him death.

I was wondering if the episode was going to end up with Daryl getting severely weakened from the sleep deprivation combined with the dog food. Yes, he's young and accustomed to a "live off the land" diet, but dog food can have things like ground-up bones in it that can be harmful to humans. While he vomited at the end, he still seems more or less OK at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"