Season 7, Episode 4: "Level Two"

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by NotNickFury, Oct 30, 2018.

1. NotNickFury Registered

2. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

3. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Is this person that Oliver is waiting to meet on Level Two going to be someone he's met before? Or a completely new foe?

They seem to be making this like a computer game. He has to get to Level 2 to progress.

4. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

It was another ok episode but it had SO MUCH GOING ON!!!!! Like jeez! They couldn't decide what to do so they had to throw 4 storylines at us?

Dinah/Rene dominating the episode didnt do much for me, they've had plenty to do since the premiere and I am ready for others to shine (namely my girl Siren and her teaming up with Felicity more). I feel like their arc that they've had since the premiere should be done now.

The new Green Arrow is totally a female. It gotta be. They drove home the whole "him, he, his" and that voice was way over done for it to be a guy.

Felicity coming to Laurel for help was great, they make a fun dynamic duo. Laurels story about E2 Oliver holds up so yay though I never thought that was a lie. E2 Felicity is ruthless, when can we go back to E2? I just needed more of those two together in this episode and they were fairly robbed.

Olivers whole psychological thing was ok though it will be useless if nothing comes of all of this.

So Star City is trashed in the future #shocked #not really. Dinah is there and will probably be a big character in the future from now on #shocked #not really. Zoe is Canary Jr. just as soon as we see Dinah give her the iconic BC/BoP logo #ughhhhh Really at this point they might as well just give the future peeps a spin off or at least a web series.

This whole "Felicity Smoak is dead" yeah f'ing right. You dont got the balls Arrow! You.Do.Not!

Laurel better be in the future with something interesting to do.

Just noticed that future Dinah has had her throat slashed
    [​IMG]

#4 Primal Slayer, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  5. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

I hope they don’t make the mistake that Flash did when they teased Iris’ death that didn’t happened.

This season is starting to feel like a final season.

E2 Dinah Laurel and Felicity have something going on.

6. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

There is no way this show has the balls to kill off Felicity, even in the future. They'll kill off Laurel again before they do that.

vantheman77 likes this.
  7. Guard82 Registered

This was a decent episode. Oliver's psychological evaluation/interrogation was compelling, especially with the flashbacks to his father on the boat. The team-up between Laurel and Felicity was great. Katie and Emily played off each other very well in their scenes. I'd like to see more of their team-up.

The plot with Rene and Dinah was rather dull, though. It felt like it dragged a lot, and it seemed to just retread stuff we've already seen before with the two of them. It would be helpful to have less screentime for their plot threads, because their threads don't have much new or interesting material to work with.

WhoMani likes this.
  8. Pennywise Registered

Sums up my feelings for the episode!

9. WhoMani Registered

The episode was meh. I wasn't really impress with the Dinah and Rene plot. I did like Laurel and Felicity teaming up, they have good chemistry and it's cool that Laurel tried to talk some sense into Felicity. The Oliver psycho evaluation was boring for me. The flash forwards is still not interesting for me.

10. BH/HHH You Are My World

Weakest episode of the season for me. I don’t know why they did that weak ass subplot with Oliver.

As for the new Green Arrow I noticed he was smaller than Rene which made me think maybe it’s not a he after all.

I’m starting to wonder if the Flash forwards are from Earth 2 after what Laurel said to Felicity about her Earth’s Felicity owning her own empire.

Regardless I think when William finds what he’s meant to it will be a time travel/dimension portal thingy to save Star City.

11. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

They've stated that Roy is E1 Roy so I dont think it is.

12. Deltron3030 Registered

Dead felocity reveal means best episode of series

13. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Honestly, I'm not quite liking these flash forwards; we're led to believe that Star City would fall that hard? Even with Ollie out of the picture, surely law enforcement, even Team Flash wouldn't let that happen? All that this is doing is implying that whatever happens during the next two seasons is ultimately going to lead to Ollie's mission (of saving his city) will be a bust, and he'll fail; only to possibly save it in the future?

Did I also hear correctly with Renee saying he'd been tortured by one Tobias Church? Can't help but wonder whether they're hinting at something here, rather than a mere name drop like the Bruce Wayne references by Kara and Ollie over the years?

14. BH/HHH You Are My World

Ok then it is Earth One but I think for sure that what they’re ultimately been led to is a time machine.

15. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

I have doubts about this, simply because if they want something changed, they can just contact Barry or the Legends team (of which they have regular contact with).

16. BH/HHH You Are My World

They rarely do that though, Team Arrow could easily just call in Barry to help them get Diaz for example. You have to have drama. If there isn't time travel involved then I don't see the purpose of the flash forwards, surely they're there so that whatever happens to Star City they're able to change that. I definitely think "mystery" Green Arrow is from the future.

17. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Nah.

Flash, Supergirl and Legends deal with the science fiction and alien element of the CW Superhero shows. Arrow is much more … grounded. They rarely use meta-humans as the villains for example, it's usually standard villains or people that are enhanced with drugs and/or chemicals rather than their enhanced genes. For them to suddenly throw time travel into an otherwise normal show would totally take away from Arrow.

The other archer, from what's going around is a girl/woman named Ekimo Queen; her exact relationship to Oliver (at least as far as the show will be concerned) remains to be seen. I doubt she(?) is from the future though; I doubt time travel will play a part in any of this. I just think it'll take away from the Arrow story. I suspect the flash forwards truly are showing us where we're going to end up, with the conclusion of them being to restore Star City in the future, rather than the past and/or present.

18. BH/HHH You Are My World

The Flash has appeared on Arrow before, as did Ray Palmer with his tech including the shrink technology and how can we forget magic. Also they've got a character who is from another Earth, I don't think its out of the realm of possibility at all,

I read that as that's how it is in the comics and it may be correct but then I don't see the point of the flash forwards. Surely they're designed so that they can prevent that future from ever happening.

I guess we'll see.

19. flickchick85 Admin of Might

I'm even more bored with these flash-forwards than I was with the flashbacks, which I didn't even realize was possible. And no, I don't think they're alluding to time-travel/"fix the future" stuff. I think we're just supposed to be intrigued about "what happened that led to this?!" And...I'm not.

20. Jedi Arrow Vigilant Knight

Rene being tortured by Tobias Church happened in S5. Tobias Church was the crime boss who was sort of the "mini antagonist" for the first few episodes of the season, until Prometheus got tired of Church going after Oliver and killed him off. He tortured Rene in one of those episodes and, as Felicity said, Rene broke and gave Church the Green Arrow's identity.

21. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Certainly doesnt help when you know that there is no way they are going to kill Oliver or Felicity, much less make them deadbeat parents.

22. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

Of course they don't just like the people from Flash don't have the balls to kill off Iris. Any teases about their deaths will be pointless and a waste of screentime and money.

23. fan4stic Registered

I think the Iris thing served a purpose for the story and Barry's character and that how she didn't die played into a theme of the season.

But the last time the arrowverse did that, Laurel died, so I think it's not bad they didn't for Iris.

24. Dr. From parts unknown

So far, I’m enjoying all the various plotlines - including the “flashforward” business. With the Arrowverse, however, there’s a common pattern: an intriguing premise plays out to an entirely unsatisfying conclusion. And this retroactively taints the earlier stuff. So I’ve learned to reserve final judgment. :word:

25. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

You're right, but then none of these elements had long-term effects on the actual show. Ray is still absent (which kinda begs the question does he ever return to Star City?), Barry doesn't really deal with much outside of Central City (although it may be worth noting here that in Star City's future, this may be around the same time that Barry has disappeared?) and there's no ongoing magic being used.

It's all fine and dandy not to ignore other elements of the DCCWTV, but Arrow as a whole isn't a mystical or science-fiction themed show; it's a vigilante themed show, and for them to change that with an actual time machine would seem … cheap.

It might not be the best example, but we've had flash forwards with other shows where the present has actually led to the flash forwards. It's just another redemption arc for Star City.

Indeed we shall.

An error on my part here, Renee said Tobias Church, and I heard Tobias Whale (from Black Lightning).

BH/HHH likes this.