Season 7, Episode 4 "The Spoils of War" Discussion Thread

Just watched it. :wow:

That battle was amazing. Finally Bronn getting some action! Reminded me of Bard killing Smaug in the Hobbit. Also great to see Arya back in Winterfell.

That battle was amazing. Finally Bronn getting some action! Reminded me of Bard killing Smaug in the Hobbit. Also great to see Arya back in Winterfell.

I know the dragons are going to get hurt and 1-2 die. I don't want it but understand it will happen. I love Bronn so I don't mind him being one of the people to do it. I liked Arya's little fight scene, I don't want her to be considered one of the best fighters yet. feel like Sansa will do something stupid to show her siblings how much she has changed too.

That battle was ****ing brutal! Wholesale slaughter. Part of me was wanting to enjoy Dany and her army kicking ass, but then it began to linger on the soldiers burning and melting and some of them trying to pour water over themselves while they burned and it just turns into a tragedy. The director did a really good job of emphasizing how horrible Dany's dragons are rather than making this a battle you want to cheer about. The way this was directed and edited and shot made this seem so so much worse than all the other times we've seen Drogon kill. There is fire everywhere and smoke and everyone is surrounded by it. ****s blowing up. Dothraki are running people down. Bronn is stumbling through fire and smoke. Burning people are stumbling into him. Tyrion looks like he wants to be sick. People are screaming. *shivers*

Arya gets to spar with Brienne and its ****ing awesome. Arya uses Needle and Brienne uses a regular sword. Arya is on a whole other skill level now.

Bran is even more of a spaced out *****e in this episode.

Jon and Dany have some scenes together and they are good.

Davos asks Jon what he thinks of her and Jon says she has a good heart and Davos says, "Yeah, lve seen you looking at her heart.":hehe:
The people who watched this episode aren't terrible. They are simply free folk who do not bend the knee.

Any chance we'll see Jon ride Rhaegal before series end? It IS named after his father afterall.

What you think about Sansa during this? She was so cold to Arya. And then when Bran was telling about how he knows of Arya and her list, and Sansa wanting to know who else is on it. Is she just being full of herself and nosy, or could she be a traitor?

The people who watched this episode aren't terrible. They are simply free folk who do not bend the knee.

Yeah! I agree. I now eat my dessert before having my dinner, and I can because I am free to do stuff like that!:sly:

Any chance we'll see Jon ride Rhaegal before series end? It IS named after his father afterall.

Don't know. There are these prophecies with the three dragons and dragon riders, so I am assuming/hoping we see this. I'd figure it's going to be of course Dani, then Jon and probably Tyrion (but, I'm not ruling out The Hound.)

But, Jon has more than just Dani's prophecy. Wouldn't it be badass if Jon can still strike a bond with a dragon that has been taken under control of the White Walkers?

What you think about Sansa during this? She was so cold to Arya. And then when Bran was telling about how he knows of Arya and her list, and Sansa wanting to know who else is on it. Is she just being full of herself and nosy, or could she be a traitor?

I half expected her to ask if her name was on it

I don't agree that she was cold to her. She was jealous of the blossoming comradery between Arya and Brienne, though.

Not sure how asking who is on the list = being full of herself. When Arya first said it Sansa didn't believe her, IMO. That's why she laughs. She doesn't know the stuff Arya has been through or that she is a mass murderer. When Bran mentions the list, she starts to believe it since Bran is now Mr. Hogwarts.

Sansa is basically a hater... And realizing that beauty queen stuff she wasted her time on don't mean anything anymore.

That battle scene. My god, a dragon is like a F-16 on steroids.

And the way the Dothraki were firing their arrows while on horseback, a beauty to behold. Can someone leak episode 5 now pleaseeeeee

Yea Theon has been through enough... it's a shame it doesn't show at all... besides mentally at times... physically he's supposed to all ****ed up and useless... now he's fighting on ships and dragging boats ashore lol

I wouldnt be surprised if he grew his pinky back.

The series will actually have a very happy ending and Theon will still be alive. The final shot will be him dropping his pants to see that he grew a new one and [BLACKOUT]then the wight of Ramsay bursts out of the ground and lops it off.[/BLACKOUT]

I don't agree that she was cold to her. She was jealous of the blossoming comradery between Arya and Brienne, though.

Not sure how asking who is on the list = being full of herself. When Arya first said it Sansa didn't believe her, IMO. That's why she laughs. She doesn't know the stuff Arya has been through or that she is a mass murderer. When Bran mentions the list, she starts to believe it since Bran is now Mr. Hogwarts.

Um, Sansa was very cold to Arya. When Arya first sees her and asks her if she needs to call her Lady Stark now, Sansa answers in a cold voice "yes". Do you really think Jon would have said something like that? It's her sister for crying out loud, not some random stranger. And don't give me this crap how Arya is this murdering psychopath when Sansa herself let Ramsay's dogs eat him alive.

There was a coldness to all of the Starks reuniting. They have been greatly changed and scarred from when we last saw them. That sort of makes everything a lot more sad and tragic. Sansa and Arya have been tortured and forced to endure a lot of hardship through no fault of their own. Their father was executed in front of them. Their mother was ambushed and her throat brutally slashed and there was nothing they could do to help. Their brother and his wife were also brutally murdered. Not to mention they were forced to endure terrible hardships.

Rickon got it the worst though because he received no character development :( He was really the only one not treated like an actual character.

Finally saw it, and damn...that was some epic ****

I do think some of you guys are reading too much into Sansa's reactions. Their initial reunion was a bit cold at first, because they're strangers to each other now, but as their convo went on, it got warmer and warmer resulting in the second hug, which I would say is the real reunion hug.

As far as her reaction to her list, and Bran mentioning the list, it seemed more like Sansa thought it was a joke at first in the keep before, but when Bran mentions that Cersei's on it, she had a sudden realization that the list is real, and that Arya ain't ****ing around. This reaction carries on to the sparring session. I didn't see Sansa as jealous at all, but more a shock and surprised that Arya has changed so much from the little sister before, to now a full fledged fighter with a hit list.

And Arya was jsut a badass, the way she fought and handled the valerian knife, it seems straight out of Assassin's Creed. Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted.

you'll take that back once you get to know him.

Oh I know. Vile and I have debated in the past.

That battle at end was basically a threesome of Hardhome, Battle of the Bastards and Blackwater.

THOSE DUDES LITERALLY TURNED TO GOD DAMN ASH! And then blew away....

Also Jon wants some Dragonass to go with the Dragonglass :sly:

Anyone else catch the Jurassic Park notes in the cave scene

This episode had me like
faint.gif~c200

I need to watch it in HD stat!

I really think that Brann should've bit the dust in this episode, Cersie hasn't lost anyone (of importance) or anything this season thus far. But they are probably setting him up to see Tyrion again

Last edited:
This episode had me like
faint.gif~c200

I need to watch it in HD stat!

I really think that Brann should've bit the dust in this episode, Cersie hasn't lost anyone (of importance) or anything this season thus far. But they are probably setting him up to see Tyrion again

Huh? Are you getting character names confused?

Probably. There is basically 1 letter separating the two lol

Um, Sansa was very cold to Arya. When Arya first sees her and asks her if she needs to call her Lady Stark now, Sansa answers in a cold voice "yes". Do you really think Jon would have said something like that? It's her sister for crying out loud, not some random stranger. And don't give me this crap how Arya is this murdering psychopath when Sansa herself let Ramsay's dogs eat him alive.

Um, clearly we disagree. You obviously think she was being serious with her answer. I don't. After she said it, she smiled, snickered, then walked up and hugged her sister.

And how is calling her a mass murderer (not sure where you pulled "psychopath" from) "crap"? When you kill a dining hall full of people that's what you are, lol. That clearly wasn't my point anyway. I was pointing out why IMO Sansa didn't believe Arya about the list of people to kill when she first said it.

Haven't seen the episode yet, but heard about [blackout] Bran and Meera's goodbye [/blackout] and immediately thought of

Dr.-Cox-Waves-Goodbye-In-A-Wheelchair-On-Scrubs.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"