Season 7, Episode 4 "The Spoils of War" Discussion Thread

Okay ruth fisher snapped and watched the leak and doesnt regret it one bit. Iconic episode

That battle scene. My god, a dragon is like a F-16 on steroids.

And the way the Dothraki were firing their arrows while on horseback, a beauty to behold. Can someone leak episode 5 now pleaseeeeee
Yeah I thoroughly enjoyed this scene.
Even the little things like the soldiers having a fit at the sight of Drogon was brilliantly done. Up until now the dragons have been glorified extras so it was cool to see what they can do.

Also thank god that ridiculous giant bolt was proven to be as useful as a used condom. I actually thought for a brief moment that they were going to give ****ING BRONN the honour of downing Drogon.

So I watched the episode and...

I didn't love it. I mean great battle, but I didn't care about either side.

Also, I've reached the end of my rope with Dany. It would be one thing if I could still entertain the slightest possibility that her behavior is intentionally entitled and conceited or intended as more than a "minor" flaw.

Also, [blackout]Jon and Dany's conversation and the topic of "pride" reminded me of the situation between Jon, Mance and Stannis from season 5's start.[/blackout]

Yeah I thoroughly enjoyed this scene.
Even the little things like the soldiers having a fit at the sight of Drogon was brilliantly done. Up until now the dragons have been glorified extras so it was cool to see what they can do.

Also thank god that ridiculous giant bolt was proven to be as useful as a used condom. I actually thought for a brief moment that they were going to give ****ING BRONN the honour of downing Drogon.

I was totally afraid of that happening. I felt it would have been ridiculous. Thank god Dany finally got a win.

Well it wasn't useless. He did injure Drogon with it, after all. If they build many of them to use at once...

About Bran warging[BLACKOUT]Will he warg Drogon if the wing area is badly damaged? That way he can will it.[/BLACKOUT]

Okay ruth fisher snapped and watched the leak and doesnt regret it one bit. Iconic episode

Good! Welcome to the Free Folk, we do not bend the knee!

Also, [blackout]Jon and Dany's conversation and the topic of "pride" reminded me of the situation between Jon, Mance and Stannis from season 5's start.[/blackout]

it was a direct call back IMO

I don't know which quality you got but also downloaded the leaked episode, the quality was so bad that I stopped watching right away. There was even a big time counter at the bottom of the screen.

I was totally afraid of that happening. I felt it would have been ridiculous. Thank god Dany finally got a win.
Regardless, I thought the scene showed that Bronn has some serious OO. Both in that, and when he saves Jamie. I always liked Bronn, so I hope Jon gets a hold of him and talks to him about the White Walkers and join him. I'd hate to see him go because of some foolish game of the thrones.

oqAMgjx.jpg

I don't know which quality you got but also downloaded the leaked episode, the quality was so bad that I stopped watching right away. There was even a big time counter at the bottom of the screen.
I had the big time counter in a stream. The quality was good except for in dark scenes. I never find the quality good in dark scenes even on tv.

I had the big time counter in a stream. The quality was good except for in dark scenes. I never find the quality good in dark scenes even on tv.
HDR will help with that (in future at least). This was one reason why I used to not like dark scenes in general in any film/show, but it won't be as much of a problem in future.

Dany using Drogon against the Lannister army
was like the USA dropping nukes on Japan. The destructive power was scary to witness.

HDR will help with that (in future at least). This was one reason why I used to not like dark scenes in general in any film/show, but it won't be as much of a problem in future.
Thank you, I will look into it.

Just watched it. I thought it was a great episode.

Well it wasn't useless. He did injure Drogon with it, after all. If they build many of them to use at once...
One bolt that according to qyburn took a lot of man power.....they shouldn't have the time to build a load of them. Then again.....Dany and the Dotraki took no time getting from Dragonstone to the Reach. :o

most men never date the Kate Uptons of the world, but that never stops the birthrate :sly:

Dany using Drogon against the Lannister army
was like the USA dropping nukes on Japan. The destructive power was scary to witness.
And yet so beautiful :woot::woot:

It's crazy that was to be the weapon to take down a dragon haha. I'm surprised he didn't eat our old pal for that move.

You people disgust me. Wouldn't you want to see it in HD first? Clowns! CLOWNS I SAY!

I've always downloaded leaks, but this one being so close to the end, i decided against it...

i'm just as bad as you... but not quite... you're terrible, im just pretty bad.

terrible people.

i hope your tv's go out when HD premiers. Take that evil... take it.

OH. MY. God!

What an episode...that battle was truly thrilling I'm still shaking, and it was all hd for me as I watched it on my iPhone.

This episode had me like
faint.gif~c200

I need to watch it in HD stat!

I really think that Brann should've bit the dust in this episode, Cersie hasn't lost anyone (of importance) or anything this season thus far. But they are probably setting him up to see Tyrion again

Yeah I thought so too. This should've been his last.

Also I hope everyone who's already seen it watches this tomorrow as they deserve major ratings for this episode. So many reunions happen and that last battle was above and beyond.

I hope Danny realizes those big ass arrows/catapults are gonna be a problem for her cause the first thing Jaime is gonna do when he gets home is make sure a mass production is ordered.

Last edited:
You people disgust me. Wouldn't you want to see it in HD first? Clowns! CLOWNS I SAY!

I've always downloaded leaks, but this one being so close to the end, i decided against it...

i'm just as bad as you... but not quite... you're terrible, im just pretty bad.

terrible people.

i hope your tv's go out when HD premiers. Take that evil... take it.

tumblr_ohaa2zDOOs1qmob6ro1_500.gif

They're lucky Dany didn't bring all her kids to play.

Couldn't make out what Bran's last words were to Littlefinger. What was it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"