The Walking Dead Season 7, Episode 5 "Go Getters"

TheDreamMaster

The Night He Came Home...
Reaction score
Episode already started, surprised there wasn't a thread made by now.

^^I was wondering about that myself.

Carl needs driving lessons. :p

stupid using roller skates with walkers around, bloody idiots

So am I supposed to hate Gregory more than Negan?

Overall, I thought this episode was pretty good. It was so refreshing to see it not take place at one location the entire time after the past couple of weeks. Sure, most of it took place at the Hilltop but it didn't only feel like it was about Maggie and Sasha.

Pretty good episode. Some observations:

Carl and Enid had the stars align in their favor that they could find a bag with not one, but two pairs of roller skates that fit them perfectly for their 1980s skating moment. And said skates came with rockets because they arrived at the Hilltop in no time. The kiss was...okay and perfectly awkward since these are kids and all. Maybe it's the writing or how Chandler Riggs and Katelyn Nacon play off of one another, but I'm iffy on the chemistry between Carl and Enid.

Xander Berkeley is killing it as Gregory. He's mean, slimy, and doesn't seem to have an inch of integrity, despite being a leader. He is just like I remember him from the comics and Berkeley does a great job at bringing him to life.

And a callback I loved, Gregory saying that the dead are burned instead of buried is the exact opposite of Glenn saying way back in Season One that their dead comrades are buried, not burned. Nice connection and great way to show the differences between Gregory's way of thinking and the survivors we know, even though Maggie wasn't around in Season One.

Maggie, Sasha, and Enid (who either scaled the Hilltop walls for some reason or just walked in) prayed without the presence of Jesus. What the heck?

And very curious whether the Saviors know or at least suspect if the Hilltop had any involvement or knowledge of the attack at the Savior outpost, since there doesn't seem to be anyone alive who could say that they had 'Gregory's' head.

Oh, and somewhere in the afterlife, Lori is smiling up or down at her son for gaining her driving prowess. Or lack thereof.

I enjoyed the scenes at the Hilltop but I really don't care for the contrived Carl/Enid romance. The writers really want the viewers to like Enid by forcing this relationship into the story. I still haven't any interest in this character. The rollerskating was an eye rolling moment for me. I was amazed that they didn't run into any Saviors. threats, or walker herds while heading to the Hilltop. Also how did Enid and Carl know the location to the Hilltop? Both characters have never been there prior to this episode. Carl rescuing Enid from one walker by running it over with a car was dumb. He ended up totaling the vehicle in the process. When did Carl learn to drive anyway? Who in the ASZ let him out to go driving? He's a minor with one eye driving a car in the zombie apocalypse. Really sloppy writing.

As much as I liked the action sequence at the Hilltop it didn't make sense how the Saviors were able to get that gremlin through the gate. The doors and windows were barricaded so nobody could get in and out of the car to turn off the music. But how were the Saviors able to turn on the music in the car then? How did the Saviors get the car inside the Hilltop unnoticed? By pushing the gremlin inside? They also found the time to lock all the trailers (including the windows from the outside) without anybody noticing. Not to mention after the loud music started playing the Saviors were able to get out of the Hilltop before that herd came through. All this really proves is that the security at the Hilltop is just as bad as the ASZ.

Well we can add Sasha to the list (along with Rick, Rosita, and Carl) who want to kill Negan.

I'm also looking forward to Carl and Jesus' trip to the Sanctuary.

I find Carl to be the worse when he tries to make deep comments, and Enid had potential, I thought we'd find out she was one of the Saviors or something, but just turned out to just be another emo teen.

EDIT. You changed your post...

Another good episode for me, hate Gregory a lot and looking forward to him being ousted. Was great seeing Maggie have strong moment while still grieving Glenn, and Sasha has revenge in her heart which may not end well.

I thought this episode was boring garbage that I kept zoning out of. I've been patient with the slow pace of the season so far but something needs to start happening. Now that Sasha and Rosita want revenge maybe the plot will finally get going.

That whole bit with the Saviors sneaking in, locking doors and nailing down windows with no one noticing was idiotic.

I do, however, love to hate Gregory. I don't believe I've ever seen such a rat weasel on TV.

It was funny how Gregory didn't call people by their correct name. He called Rick "Rich", Maggie "Natalie". He even thought Sasha was from the Hilltop. Really shows how little regard he has for his community since he doesn't bother to mention anyone living there by their correct name. The only names he seem to remember are Jesus', which is really only his nickname, and Negan's obviously. And aside from Jesus, Gregory doesn't seem to interact much with his community even though he's suppose to be their leader.

Liked the Hilltop scenes. Love hating Gregory. Loved the scene with Maggie putting her foot down.

Didn't care for Carl/Enid scenes. There's holes in their little road trip.

Security is lacking at both communities if Enid can come and go as she pleases and no one but one eye Carl can see it.

Simon makes for a much more convincing antagonist than either Negan or Dwight.

Side-note, Carl being absolutely terrible at darts is both hilarious and sad at the same time.

Simon makes for a much more convincing antagonist than either Negan or Dwight.

giphy.gif

Did they ever explain why Maggie and Sasha have to hide at the Hilltop? Why not just say they're there for Maggie's medical care?

Did they ever explain why Maggie and Sasha have to hide at the Hilltop? Why not just say they're there for Maggie's medical care?

Well the group was headed to the Hilltop (during the Season 6 finale) until Negan and co. prevented that from happening with all the roadblocks, then the ambush and then both murders. During the aftermath Sasha offer to take Maggie (as well as Glenn and Abe's corpses) to the Hilltop b/c the doctor there (Dr. Carson, I think) is the only obstetrician that Rick and co. knew of. And since the ASZ only doctor (Denise) was murdered going to the Hilltop was Maggie's best bet obviously. After Maggie's checkup Carson requested that she get a couple of days rest to recover from her medical condition from the pregnancy. And he also recommended she'd stay at the Hilltop for the time being. Maggie (Sasha, Jesus, Gregory or anyone from the Hilltop colony) still don't know yet that Rick and co. had her declared dead to Negan. Regardless if Negan, Simon, or any of the Saviors that witnessed Maggie (and Sasha) at the lineup saw her alive and well at the Hilltop. They would suspect that both Gregory and Rick's community were part of an alliance to oppose them. Then both communities would be in jeopardy. Especially after Rick and co. already lied about Maggie dying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"