Season 7, Episode 6 "Beyond the Wall" Discussion Thread

Season 1 and the first novel are fairly close to one another and the comic is largely the same. It's only when they get to material in the second novel onwards that you'd start to see major differences. The comics has just started A Clash of Kings, and first issue already included Patchface and some of the major Dragonstone stuff that was cut.

Good to know. I'm glad they are only up to the start of ACOK as that hopefully means we get a lot of comics before they complete the story.

I'm starting to wonder. Are they that incompetent at HBO, or, are they doing this on purpose, knowing if an episode is really good and they let it leak, more people will likely be intrigued and tune in (maybe even renewing their subscription). After all, episode 4 ended up being the most watched episode of the series, despite the leaks.

Well we know there was a huge hack and that external parties may have access to episodes in this case. I don't think a boring episode is going to see any significant bump in views from being available earlier. I guess there I more time for hype to build if people start discussing an episode earlier but it's too risky a strategy for HBO themselves to take IMO. As soon as there was any longevity to the possibility of accessing material early, you might get a number of people cancelling their subscriptions, particularly if the main reason for the sub was GoT. Not quite so bad when it is just one or a couple of episodes.

Take it to the spoiler/leaks thread and your prob safe.

But just to hype people... I just finished it... It very well could be the best episode of the entire series. Edge of your seat **** for 70 minutes with comedy.

Good to know. Can't wait!

I thought it was a good episode, but some things were a little too convenient.

I'm not going into the leaks thread because I don't need the last episode spoiled for me :funny:

Yeah it's a solid episode overall... it reminded me so much of Hardhome.

Wonder what will be left for the finale.

the NK and Jon having a dance off.

giphy.gif

This leak is tempting me.

tumblr_m8nwooeYQQ1rb8xfro1_500.gif

I'm not sure I'll be able to make it to Sunday.

I think "Death is the Enemy" is the official title.... I've grown fond of TBA though....

Youve never watched the films?
Well, thats Voldemort hugging Draco in that harry potter gif. Voldemort is a sociopathic souless mass murderer thats been resurrected from a quasi undead state of being. In that scene he and has army have just spent all night murdering adults and children. Now he is trying to get those same people hes been attempting to murder to join him. So he calls forward Draco, the son of one of Voldemort's crew, and gives him this really weird awkward hug to try to "reassure" the other kids that he just wants to be forgiving.

Its an absurd funny moment that became a meme after the last harey potter film came out.

But some of his followers are "very fine" people who just show up because they want to see some magic tricks. Both sides share some blame for that war they had.

Should I change the threat title now? We're sure of it?

dont worry... if the 2% turns out to be another title, we can blame kvz.

I've seen the first 5-10 minutes or so before i had to sleep, seems like a lot of banter for everyone to get acquainted and catch each other up on their stories. Sounds like a grand ol' time.

I've seen the first 5-10 minutes or so before i had to sleep, seems like a lot of banter for everyone to get acquainted and catch each other up on their stories. Sounds like a grand ol' time.

Yeah, some callbacks to pre-book history that will satiate some people.

This really sounds like possibly the biggest episode to date, and considerably bigger than Episode 4 which everyone raved about.

This really sounds like possibly the biggest episode to date, and considerably bigger than Episode 4 which everyone raved about.

Oh it is bro. 1 heck of a 70 minute thrill ride. The finale is going to be HUGE

I am so pumped for the finale, but I'm definitely going to be in pain waiting for season 8. #1stWorldGoTProblems

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"