Arrow Season 7, Episode 7: "The Slabside Redemption"

Imagine if Oliver spent 5 years in prison. Then he could start a new intro at the beginning of each episode. After another 5 years in hell, I've come back to save my city!

Is he planning to stick on a fake wig and beard when he gets out?

I hope this week all will be revealed as to what Stanley is up to and if he's more of a criminal mastermind.

Im pretty sure he is just going to be an out and proud GA after he gets out.

At this point I wonder who has been a bigger arrow or nuisance in Oliver's side: Diaz or Malcolm Merlyn.

Liking these fight scenes, but hey, it's directed by the one and only James Bamford, so of course the fight scenes would be on point.

Lets just put it this way....if I ever rewatch this season I may just skip this episode. It was ok but it just didnt do that much for me.

I am tired of Diaz having someone in his magic pocket, wasnt Dinah supposed to clean up the police force? It would've been better if Diaz got put in and we still could've had the same.exact.thing go down except it would make much more sense.

The entire episode, the prison is about to blow up and Oliver just walks out and outside everything looks fine and dandy, no one is worrying about anything. We dont see a bunch of cops surrounding the place. Felicity and Diggle are waiting for Oliver, Olicity kiss is SO STRONG that it makes Diggle fade from existence!

It is funny that Diaz is captured, sent to prison, doesnt really go to prison because he is let go by his pal, breaks into the prison, and ends locked up in prison. And the FBI/SCPD/Argus never even know. It all went down smoothly to them.

Solid episode with great action to me. Going to be interesting watching the next episode. I was digging the prison-centric theme for the show.

Just curious, I remember years ago there was going to be a Green Arrow Supermax movie. Did the show incorporate some of the script for supposed film into Arrow?

Liked this! Some great fight scenes and nice twists, like ***** being revealed as a psycho. Glad we finally got to see something with Diaz and 'super strength,' even though it was nothing like it was portrayed the first time. And I like how it was all about Oliver this week, no side stories even though I do like those too.
And next week it looks like everyone is in favor of him rebecoming Green Arrow, even Dinah. The cop! Maybe now we'l get some idea of who the other GA is.

Love Oliver’s flying jumps. Reminds me of season 1. Bronze tiger is bad ass. Would love for him to replace the entire team arrow. Great episode. No B plot made this truly special. Now hopefully we are finally done with Diaz. That fight could have been longer. Seemed a little one-sided which is fine, but Oliver looked toast and all of a sudden bam, he wins. This is maybe my second favorite season. It’s close with season 1-2 so far. What makes it great is there hasn’t been a villain of the week. It’s an actual movie like series currently.

Great episode. The action scenes were fantastic, I'm loved the Bronze Tiger and Oliver team up. I hope we see the Bronze Tiger again as he's a badass, I'm enjoying his redemption arc. Stanley was pretty much a nutcase which surprised me as I thought he was working with Diaz but that wasn't the case and the actor who plays him did a great job in making him a creep. What makes this episode better was there wasn't a pointless subplot and the episode flowed much better as a result of it. This felt like a season finale. We probably see Diaz again because he's a season regular.. unfortunately.

When one head bonk isn't enough ! If it was a R rated show, Olivier would have make a pulp of Diaz's face :)

This was THE best episode of Arrow ever imo. Tense, dramatic and damn right pulsating.

Just curious, I remember years ago there was going to be a Green Arrow Supermax movie. Did the show incorporate some of the script for supposed film into Arrow?

Not the script but the general idea they took elements from.

Ok, when this episode started, I was pissed. For as long as they've kept Oliver in prison, his release seemed to come out of nowhere and so contrived. This all happened because of an offscreen deal Black Siren made with the DA and just like that Oliver's free? I wanted a much better resolution than that. Suffice it to say the episode started off on a very sour note for me and I felt that the season might've been ruined.

And then....the rest of the episode played out and whooo mama did they make up for it. All of the plot problems and issues I had went out the window with what I felt was a very tense, well directed episode that made Oliver's release feel EARNED in a completely different way. One thing this episode did that had me smiling cheek to cheek, something I have been screaming at the show to do since season 2....USE MICHAEL JAI FREAKIN WHITE. FINALLY!! Finally, we get to see him show off his badass martial arts skills in an AWESOME team up with Oliver and it also served as a nice little character arc for him. He now knows what its like to be a hero...what will he do now?

Overall, despite my annoyances a the beginning this really brought it home and served as a satisfying conclusion to the prison arc. Incredibly tense, visceral episode. My only hope now going forward is that Oliver's time in prison needs to mean something. We can't just go back to him suiting up and fighting bad guys week to week like nothing's happened. Things have to be different now, Oliver has to be different and I'm hoping the writers are going to show us how Oliver is a new kind of hero.

Is Diaz not dead? He is intolerable. I don't want to see another showdown between him and Oliver. This was already enough like a season finale and the final showdown. Now we've got to suffer through him again later on? Why not kill him now?

I bet Stanley will come after Oliver later on. Maybe even threaten Felicity.

Is the next episode next week or is there a break now until the New Year? It felt like a winter finale at least.

I liked when the camera zooms out at the end John mysteriously disappears lol.

Great episode though, probably my favourite episode of Arrow period!

I liked when the camera zooms out at the end John mysteriously disappears lol.

Great episode though, probably my favourite episode of Arrow period!

They should make that into an actual cliffhanger. Instead of saying that it was a continuity error, the next episode can investigate the sudden disappearance of John Diggle.

Is Diaz not dead? He is intolerable. I don't want to see another showdown between him and Oliver. This was already enough like a season finale and the final showdown. Now we've got to suffer through him again later on? Why not kill him now?

I bet Stanley will come after Oliver later on. Maybe even threaten Felicity.

Is the next episode next week or is there a break now until the New Year? It felt like a winter finale at least.

Diaz is alive and will return. We have 2 more episodes before the hiatus.

They should make that into an actual cliffhanger. Instead of saying that it was a continuity error, the next episode can investigate the sudden disappearance of John Diggle.

Barry?!

tV2udDQ.jpg

Is Brick really dead? That seems a sudden way for Vinnie Jones's character to suddenly be killed off by Stanley. If Diaz survived a stabbing from Oliver, then Brick can surely survive one from Stanley too.

At this point I wonder who has been a bigger arrow or nuisance in Oliver's side: Diaz or Malcolm Merlyn.
I'd actually say Diaz has been more of a thorne in Ollie's side. At least with Merlyn, he was a complex character that just wanted to rise to the top; he was manipulative, but he had a weird code of self honour and what-not. Diaz is just a mentally unstable mess with a bank account to employ chaos.

The entire episode, the prison is about to blow up and Oliver just walks out and outside everything looks fine and dandy, no one is worrying about anything. We dont see a bunch of cops surrounding the place. Felicity and Diggle are waiting for Oliver, Olicity kiss is SO STRONG that it makes Diggle fade from existence!
Yeah, that wasn't too smart on the FX department there. It was simply too obvious.

Great episode. The action scenes were fantastic, I'm loved the Bronze Tiger and Oliver team up. I hope we see the Bronze Tiger again as he's a badass, I'm enjoying his redemption arc. Stanley was pretty much a nutcase which surprised me as I thought he was working with Diaz but that wasn't the case and the actor who plays him did a great job in making him a creep. What makes this episode better was there wasn't a pointless subplot and the episode flowed much better as a result of it. This felt like a season finale. We probably see Diaz again because he's a season regular.. unfortunately.
Is that confirmed - that he isn't dead? I was under the impression he was stabbed in the heart; Ollie did say he was going to kill him. The actress playing Nora from Legends (and the one playing Charlie for that matter) are both listed as season regulars, and yet they haven't had much screentime, each of which have weren't around in the first few episodes.

Ok, when this episode started, I was pissed. For as long as they've kept Oliver in prison, his release seemed to come out of nowhere and so contrived. This all happened because of an offscreen deal Black Siren made with the DA and just like that Oliver's free? I wanted a much better resolution than that. Suffice it to say the episode started off on a very sour note for me and I felt that the season might've been ruined.
Despite what has happened, this still doesn't make much sense. The FBI locked Ollie away because of who he was and what he's done; sure, they failed to catch Diaz as they said they would, but as far as the law is concered, surely Ollie is still a criminal? I don't get how he could lawfully be released.

There's two more episodes this year, the second of which is the Elseworld crossover (airs the second week of December). Then we break until the new year.

Is Brick really dead? That seems a sudden way for Vinnie Jones's character to suddenly be killed off by Stanley. If Diaz survived a stabbing from Oliver, then Brick can surely survive one from Stanley too.
I'd think so, yeah. This episode served a purpose in many respects, three of which were to redeem Turner, and kill off Sampson and Brick - they've nothing left to add to this show, so why not send them on their way? I don't see either of them making a return. Stanley on the other hand, he'll be back, but I can't imagine he'll pose much of a threat in all honesty. He's a little nuts; not exactly the strategist.

Also, i dont see how Oliver can and would jump right back into the hood and go back to business as usual. So much has changed for this guy. His secret identity is out and theres still an anti vigilante law isnt there?

Despite what has happened, this still doesn't make much sense. The FBI locked Ollie away because of who he was and what he's done; sure, they failed to catch Diaz as they said they would, but as far as the law is concered, surely Ollie is still a criminal? I don't get how he could lawfully be released.

I've harped on this before so I won't delve too far in again, but the behavior of LE made no sense last season. You just have to go with it here, unfortunately.

"Hey FBI, if you come free this city from the hands of a criminal gang, I'll turn myself in as a vigilante and go to jail." Nonsensical.

Great ep, BTW. Tense and moody.

The one thing I didn't like was that I'm still not sure how Ollie stopped Diaz. It was shot so badly I had to rewind the DVR. Some kind of stabbing? Still not sure.

Ollie should've stabbed Diaz in the neck. Then Diaz's voice might've sounded a little hoarse for a change. :o

Is that confirmed - that he isn't dead? I was under the impression he was stabbed in the heart; Ollie did say he was going to kill him. The actress playing Nora from Legends (and the one playing Charlie for that matter) are both listed as season regulars, and yet they haven't had much screentime, each of which have weren't around in the first few episodes.

Stephen Amell confirmed that Oliver didn't kill Diaz in this this article:
Arrow's Stephen Amell Talks Episode 7's Shocking Ending - IGN

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"