Season 7, Episode 8: "Unmasked"

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by NotNickFury, Dec 3, 2018.

1. NotNickFury

NotNickFury Registered

2. flickchick85

flickchick85 Mod of Might

The same damn Elseworlds scene at the end? Boo.

3. Prison Mike

Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

I’m starting to hate the flash forward scenes now. I don’t care about any of the people in them (except maybe Roy who seems to have disappeared). Also hate how it’s centered around Felicity. What’s with these shows propping up annoying secondary characters? Smallville did the same thing with Chloe.

Sithborg and Karelia like this.
  4. flickchick85

Welcome to the Flash-Fowards Hate Train! We have cookies.

Sithborg likes this.
  5. Thome216

Thome216 Registered

And what's the purpose of them? Is something that they find out supposed to be sent back, or is it just to show that no matter what Oliver and the others do in the present, it won't matter worth a damn?

And SPOILERS OBVIOUSLY!!

Who figured it was Oliver's sister? And has he ever had a sister before..?

6. Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

It was boring.

Of course it doent surprise me but they keep acting like E1 Laurel wasnt Black Canary and a known partner to Oliver Queen who was the Green Arrow. Those two being in the same room together should get major press and I wonder what the Mayor thinks about her DA being a former vigilante and partner/lover to Oliver who she now wants to take down. Such a easy storyline that writes itself.

Oliver shouldn't be throwing stones at glass houses. He's worked with a lot of his past enemies and killed countless people, he even just became friends with Bronze Tiger all because BT tried to save Lyla. He's pushed everything aside that Malcom did because he was Theas father so get overself Oliver for Felicity working with and forming a bond with Laurel. And sure be upset that she shot a guy who was already down for the count but dont ask her why she has a gun.

And Diggle working with Diaz...like the Argus plot isnt even that strong to warrant such a thing.

7. Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

[​IMG]

He's had a sister since New52 I believe if not Rebirth. And yeah I knew it was her.

Using the same exact scene was lazy as hell. They could've done a new one, or showed us 30 seconds before what happened or show us another version of the scene. Come on.

8. Flash525

Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Yeah, Thea. :p

This new sister is named Emiko, who (as far as the comics go) is the daughter of Robert and Shado. This version of the character can't be Shado's daughter, so I am curious who the mother will be, that's if she's even anyone of significance.

It was lazy, I'll agree, however not everyone watches all of these shows (I'll never quite understand that myself) so for the few who aren't in the loop, that teaser was to inform them that something big was coming and that they'd need to tune in next week for all three parts. I guess they could've had different scenes, but they work well enough as stand-alone teasers.

Thome216 likes this.
  9. WhoMani

WhoMani Registered

This episode was alright but like with everyone else I don't care for the Flash Forwards. I don't care why Felicity wanted to blow up the Glades nor do I care about the characters in the flash forwards. Also the makeup for the old Dinah looks so unconvincing.

It was weird seeing Oliver with his masj and hoodie when he was wearing his costume. Honestly it would have been much simpler to have Oliver work for Argus but you know they're doing a dumb Diggle and Lyla subplot so I can see why the writers thought it was best for Oliver to work for the police department.

I can't get why Diggle and Lyla would need Diaz's help as he still has a grudge for Oliver. In fact its out of character that Diggle would even do this knowing that Diaz tried to kill Oliver's family and he even tried to have Oliver killed in prison. It's just stupid and I hate that Diaz is still on the show.

I'm not that invested in Felicity gone dark storyline as we had 6 seasons of her having no negative consequences. But the nightclub fight scene was awesome and it reminded me of season one. I also liked Emiko's training sequence and I can't wait to see more of this character. Also I enjoyed Oliver's little teamwork with Dinah and Rene. I give this a 6/10.

#9 WhoMani, Dec 4, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  10. Thome216

Thome216 Registered

Oh you!:argh:

And by now, Diaz should be gone!!

edwardc likes this.
  11. flickchick85

Amen.

Thome216 likes this.
  12. Sithborg

Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

I'm a fan of Acevado, so I am fine with him sticking around. I do miss Ollie's prison beard.

I do like them tackling the issue of what the kind of separation can do to a couple. Though, I could do with them toning Felicity down a tad.

13. kguillou

kguillou Registered

I dug Amell's performance in this. You can tell Oliver's different now. Prison affected him deeply and you see it in his mannerisms now, he's more reserved.

I like that Ollie's working for the police. Its a differemt and welcome approach. Superheroes, although altruistic (for the most part) are usually rebels and feel that the law isnt enough. Now we have a hero that is literally working for the law and within the law's restrictions and it'll be an interesting dynamic to explore.

Slick and 2kt09 like this.
  14. 2kt09

2kt09 Snyder Rent-Free

except for his brutality

Since last ep & now this ep, this is the Arrow I like tuning into even down to a post-apocalyptic future that antemortem Felicity Smoak apparently caused.
    Also, just now dawned on me this show has more women in power than ever before.

15. nicopolis

nicopolis Registered

I've watched the Flash, and Supergirl from the very beginning, and have started watching the other shows because they are all linked obviously. Having watched the arrow now for a couple of seasons, and watching past seasons trying to get caught up, this show is just boring imo, but I force myself to watch it because of the crossovers. All the flashbacks, and now flash forwards are confusing. It seems like that when Felicity gets emotional, or very upset her voice gets like a deep kermit the frog type of sound. Very strange. Anyway, you guys enjoy this show. I'm trying to continue watching, but the show, and some of the annoying characters in it, and flashbacks, and forwards is not helping the cause!

Flash525 likes this.
  16. Flash525

Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Whilst they're all connected, and in the same universe (or multiverse), I've always found Arrow to be a very different show compared to Flash and Supergirl; it's more dark and serious in tone, and is less superhero, more vigilante.

Arrow, just as much as any other show has it's good seasons, and bad seasons, and you are right with Felicity; her character is best when throwing in the humour, and not so much with emotion (I've found). The flashbacks had a purpose (with Arrow) though I'm not remotely liking these flash forwards; it's essentially showcasing 'what will be' which kinda' sucks. All these years Ollie has been trying to protect his city, and we know, through flash forwards, that he's inevitably the one that's going to fail his city when it all goes to ****.

Saving it 15 years (or so) in the future just isn't good enough!

17. Thome216

Thome216 Registered

I'm hoping the flash forwards will be brought into the 'present' somehow. If they knew of some event in the past that could be changed, then I could see them doing a time travel story in order to get that information to the 'present' day in order to change the future.
    But if not, then the flash-forwards come off as pretty pointless. Unless they're trying to gain interest in a spin-off series dealing with Ollie's son.
    Which isn't working so well...

#17 Thome216, Dec 8, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  18. edwardc

edwardc Registered

He should have been gone a season ago.