Arrow Season 7, Episode 9: "Elseworlds, Part 2"

I think part of the problem is that she is is trying to fight her accent. That is most likely why she is fairly stilted. Which has always been my biggest concern, as I didn't think she is talented enough to fight her accent. I mean, McGrath still has issues with hers.

But her line deliveries are always dynamic and not remotely monotonous.

Yeah, because I don't think McGrath was worrying about it as much as Rose was. McGrath knows the performance is more important than her accent.

But then, McGrath also wasn't showcasing for her own show.

Either way, I hope she works on it. McGrath has never remotely bothered me in her deliveries, for whatever reason.

Well, I like Ruby Rose already a lot better than Katie Cassidy. And if we just judge her by her Batwoman performance alone, I honestly don't find her any worse than Bale's Batman. Because really, how much more nuanced is his Batman performance? He scowls, screams and has a hilariously bad Bat voice. Now if we'd compare her to Keaton's Batman, then yeah, she has room to improve. But we've seen so little of her in this cross-over, and what little I've seen left me pretty satisfied.

But her line deliveries are always dynamic and not remotely monotonous.

That's because Katie is a proper actress whose personality still shines through even if she slips into Irishness. And it wouldn't have been a bad thing if they did make her Irish.

But Ruby has such a flat delivery as both Kane and Batwoman. If she were like that for Batwoman but displayed more charisma for Kate then it might be different. But I don't feel excited for a show about her. Superman's potential show has more promise.

And how can Oliver and Barry not figure out Kate is Batwoman? They've been doing the secret identity thing long enough to guess when two people show up coincidentally. Even Cat Grant figured out Barry Allen was the Flash on his first visit to Earth 38.

Well, I like Ruby Rose already a lot better than Katie Cassidy. And if we just judge her by her Batwoman performance alone, I honestly don't find her any worse than Bale's Batman. Because really, how much more nuanced is his Batman performance? He scowls, screams and has a hilariously bad Bat voice. Now if we'd compare her to Keaton's Batman, then yeah, she has room to improve. But we've seen so little of her in this crossover, and what little I've seen left me pretty satisfied.
lol I was waiting around for that voice

That's because Katie is a proper actress whose personality still shines through even if she slips into Irishness. And it wouldn't have been a bad thing if they did make her Irish.

But Ruby has such a flat delivery as both Kane and Batwoman. If she were like that for Batwoman but displayed more charisma for Kate then it might be different. But I don't feel excited for a show about her. Superman's potential show has more promise.

And how can Oliver and Barry not figure out Kate is Batwoman? They've been doing the secret identity thing long enough to guess when two people show up coincidentally. Even Cat Grant figured out Barry Allen was the Flash on his first visit to Earth 38.
Well, that's because Mcgrath is a better actress. I know it probably wouldn't have happened, but I really wish they could have gotten Eliza Dushku for Batwoman

Well, that's because Mcgrath is a better actress. I know it probably wouldn't have happened, but I really wish they could have gotten Eliza Dushku for Batwoman

Well at least we would've known she could carry a series and be a more likeable actress to watch than Ruby Rose.

Part 1 was on Sunday night's episode of FLASH.....it was titled Elseworlds Part 1.
Thanks,
I found them on my TV planner, got them all set to record & will watch them as one long event.

I am really excited about the potential for Batwoman in the CWverse. Count me on board I'm looking forward to that pilot now. Love seeing Superman in the black costume. I think the main thing about the tease I got from this is that they are planning on bringing in the Anti-Monitor at some point and that may possibly be the Crisis where The Flash disappears. Loved the Arkham Asylum riot and there were tons of Easter Eggs I'll have to look out for when I rewatch this. Great cliffhanger too.

While I think this was the weakest of the three episodes butt I really think that the Batwoman/Arkham stuff was one of the big standouts of any crossover.

The Batwoman stuff, along with her scenes with Supergirl as well as Team Flash & Team Arrow investigating the red clouds and lightning are what stood out for me in the 2nd part.

I like Ruby Rose in the role guys. I think she had the prescence. The acting can be improved, Amell was a little rough around the edges at first too before growing into the role. But to me, Ruby fit it.

My only disappointment was their "rendering" of Gotham City. It lookes no different than Star City, it didnt have that gothic stylistic flair I was hoping we'd see.

My only disappointment was their "rendering" of Gotham City. It lookes no different than Star City, it didnt have that gothic stylistic flair I was hoping we'd see.
Honestly, the candid set pics of them filming in Chicago had more atmosphere. :funny:

And I felt Ruby Rose did really good with the role. She didn't seem wooden at all, and certainly not when she was describing her and Bruce watching their city decline or delivering the 'world's finest' line. As to her accent, I didn't hear any problem with it, much the same as with McGrath. They both sound good to me.

Actually her delivery isn't as flat as you think it is. If you really watch when she is talking to Kara, Berry and Oliver she seems a bit relaxed. In fact all the scenes she has where she talking to people as Kate she seems more relaxed. However when she is on the elevator going down to her lair she has this intense focus on her face. I really loved that.

Keep in mind this was the first appearance of Batwoman and she only had a few scenes. Is there room for improvement; of course and they know that. I'm sure their will be a lot of tweaking and improvements as they start working on her series. This was just a taste of what to expect from a Batwoman series. The only complaint I had was with her hair as Batwoman. Its much like it is in the comic but for some reason it doesn't look right in live action. It needs some tweaking I thinking.

Also I completely agree they need to do a Superman series. I loved both Tyler and Bitsie as Superman and Lois. Lets up they do a TV series.

As for the reason Berry and Oliver didn't connect the dots that Kate was Batwoman was cause they probably because they had other things on their mind.

As for the reason Berry and Oliver didn't connect the dots that Kate was Batwoman was cause they probably because they had other things on their mind.

It's like when watching a horror movie, when the audience just knows that the killer is just around the corne- No he's behind her! Look out you idiot!

It's easy for us to make the connections, but if I had been talking with Kate Kane a few hours earlier and then had this this red-haired vigilante just drop in and take out several bad guys without breaking a sweat, I probbaly wouldn't put two and two together...

It's like when watching a horror movie, when the audience just knows that the killer is just around the corne- No he's behind her! Look out you idiot!

It's easy for us to make the connections, but if I had been talking with Kate Kane a few hours earlier and then had this this red-haired vigilante just drop in and take out several bad guys without breaking a sweat, I probbaly wouldn't put two and two together...

Ollie probably never even knew he was the Green Arrow when he showed up later and noticed that all of Arrow's pals looked just like his. :o

Ok episode two of the crossover done and it was another winner for me.

The Easter egg service again was unreal, actually that feels like a understatement for this crossover they give you a damn Easter carton of eggs lol.

Loved the back and fourth Barry & Oliver had playing as each other. Barry saying arrow wasn't as cool as Batman and Ollie stealing the police drive were such funny moments.

That trip to Arkham was awesome teasing so many of the rogues and the fight scene between Barry & Ollie was one of the better choreographed fights I have seen from either show in a while.

Now down to Ruby Rose as Batwoman im not going to lie I enjoyed her. I think I had such low expectations that I was surprised by how good she was as Batwoman, she looked sick in her costume and that theme they have gave her was epic.

Part of me wishes they could just modernize Shipp's Flash suit because god damn he still looks good in that.

Heads up! An encore presentation of the "Elseworlds" crossover will air tonight and tomorrow night on The CW:

Monday:
- The Flash (Part 1): 8 p.m. EST
- Arrow (Part 2): 9 p.m. EST

Tuesday:
- Supergirl (Part 3): 8 p.m. EST

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"