The Walking Dead Season 7 Episode 9 "Rock in the Road" Discussion Thread

Glad the show's back, I also think there was more with the Gabriel scene, some footage showing the stranger forcing him to pack up and take off was left out I'm guessing.

Though I dont think there was a need to amp up the Rosita v. Sasha beef, I mean they gave each other the "girl we cool" head nod last episode damnit. Show doesn't need a love triangle especially when part of the triangle is dead :argh:

Glad the show's back, I also think there was more with the Gabriel scene, some footage showing the stranger forcing him to pack up and take off was left out I'm guessing.

Though I dont think there was a need to amp up the Rosita v. Sasha beef, I mean they gave each other the "girl we cool" head nod last episode damnit. Show doesn't need a love triangle especially when part of the triangle is dead :argh:

or maybe it isnt a love triangle and just becomes a love lol. Nowkiss.jpeg

Called it. :)

Rick's smile was priceless!! Totally gif worthy.

RdVb.gif

Big Boss vibes.

I laughed way too hard at Rick and Michonne taking out all those walkers with the wire.

Daryl is given asylum at the Kingdom for his own protection but I bet it’s actually setting up a Carol/Daryl reunion. And he’ll somehow convince Carol to come out of retirement to fight the Saviors. Especially once she finds out about the deaths of Glenn and Abe. As well what the Saviors did to Daryl. Of course assuming Daryl will be the one to tell her that is.

I love Daryl, but him being a hot head has gotten himself and others into a lot of trouble. With that, I think Rick will finally get Ezekiel to help him with the fight, but, with the growing rapport between Ezekiel and Carol, I won't be surprised that Daryl gets jealous and does something stupid to upset Ezekiel.

I love Daryl, but him being a hot head has gotten himself and others into a lot of trouble. With that, I think Rick will finally get Ezekiel to help him with the fight, but, with the growing rapport between Ezekiel and Carol, I won't be surprised that Daryl gets jealous and does something stupid to upset Ezekiel.

That or something happens to a Kingdom member because of the Saviors going too far. Benjamin is being pumped up to be a strong future member of the Kingdom and I get the feeling that something may happen to him.

Pretty good episode. Certainly better than the average episode of 7a. However...

The Kingdom shtick is so cringeworthy. I can't believe the man on horseback greeted Rick and Co the way h did. And Ezekiel's actor tries is best but he still sounds silly sometimes. Don't the citizens of the Kingdom ever look at each other and say, "This medieval act is so stupid"?

Has Rosita been established as a expert on explosives? Her talent seemed to come out of nowhere.

I'm not worried about Gabriel. His character arc has been building towards him becoming braver, not more selfish. There will be a good explanation for his disappearance, I'm sure.

The guy playing Negan's second-in-command would've made a better Negan than JDM, I think. Then again, the writers don't saddle him with speeches that go on for ages.

I loved the part in which Michonne and Rick ripped those zombies in half, but where did the zombie herd come from?

Next week's preview makes it clear that the next episode will be either indescribably awesome or completely ridiculous. There will be no in-between.

Pretty good episode. Certainly better than the average episode of 7a. However...

The Kingdom shtick is so cringeworthy. I can't believe the man on horseback greeted Rick and Co the way h did. And Ezekiel's actor tries is best but he still sounds silly sometimes. Don't the citizens of the Kingdom ever look at each other and say, "This medieval act is so stupid"?

Has Rosita been established as a expert on explosives? Her talent seemed to come out of nowhere.

I'm not worried about Gabriel. His character arc has been building towards him becoming braver, not more selfish. There will be a good explanation for his disappearance, I'm sure.

The guy playing Negan's second-in-command would've made a better Negan than JDM, I think. Then again, the writers don't saddle him with speeches that go on for ages.

I loved the part in which Michonne and Rick ripped those zombies in half, but where did the zombie herd come from?

Next week's preview makes it clear that the next episode will be either indescribably awesome or completely ridiculous. There will be no in-between.

Isnt it supposed to be kinda ridiculous? I remember Ezekiel telling Carol it was all an act and it made it kinda make more sense for me. Also during the zombie apocolypse i think id let the weirdness slide.

I do agree tha there's more to the Gabriel thing than meets the eye, Im guessing he's been secretly tryna connect with this new group they ran into.

But that's what I mean. What's the point of being ridiculous in this post-apocalyptic world. How would that get you followers? And even if it were fun for a while, wouldn't everyone get tired of it after a bit?

Rick's rock fairy tale might have been the worst written moments of the series. Rick's mom told him a story about a rock? Really?

Re. Gabriel, who was in the car with him when he left Alexandria. The hooded stranger?

That's what I want to know. It was all so creepy looking. Maybe so, maybe he's bringing an offering to keep them from attacking Alexandria. Returning what was taken.

RdVb.gif

Big Boss vibes.

I took Rick's smile as them finally finding an army worthy of going up against the Saviors..i haven't watched the two eps that come after this yet though..so....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"