Season 7 Finale: "You Have Saved This City"

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by NotNickFury, May 13, 2019.

1. NotNickFury

NotNickFury Registered

2. Jedi Arrow

Jedi Arrow Vigilant Knight

Based on the promo, this episode has the potential to be the best of the second half of this season. It's sad how mediocre it's been after the phenomenal prison arc, but hopefully this will help to redeem it. And hopefully season 8 will allow the show to go out with a bang.

Prediction for tonight: Rene will kill Emiko. I base this on the conversations he's been having with Dinah about trusting Emiko, and Oliver being unwilling to kill her. It would explain his anti-vigilante stance in the FFs too.

3. vantheman77

vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

Now we may start to have an idea on how the Crisis crossover will go down.

4. Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

That was a very lackluster finale. Wrapping up both the present and future is just to much to do in a 42min finale. Not to mention the million of characters.

So...Oliver is dead via The Crisis (which means that this future is post Crisis...which is booo) so did The Moniter take Felicity to the after life? Or are they pulling a E2 Superman/Lois?

5. vantheman77

Yep they’re pulling an Earth-2 Superman and Lois thing with Oliver and Felicity.

This may also mean that the 2046 era the Legends appeared in their first season might have been changed as well.

6. Jedi Arrow

Oh, that changed a long time ago. That version of Connor was an alias for John Jr. In this timeline they're two different people.

Definitely not okay with Oliver's fate. I kept hoping they were pulling a fast one on us and he was going to turn out to be alive. This is not the ending I wanted for this show or these characters. :csad:

I'll wait to decide until I've seen up to the series finale, but if it turns out as badly as I'm afraid, then my head-canon ending for the show will be when Oliver gets out of prison.

vantheman77 likes this.
  7. vantheman77

Crisis better be one heckuva crossovers as I can see lots deaths happening more than any other crossover.

Flash525 and Jedi Arrow like this.
  8. Deltron3030

Deltron3030 Registered

Wow this was utterly horse**** of an episode.

cheungcheung and X-Ray like this.
  9. Sithborg

Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

It was a fine finale. Am really curious about next season, though.

10. flickchick85

flickchick85 Mod of Might

A very blah finale to a season that became damn near unwatchable after the prison arc, imo.

In theory, I'm ok with Oliver going out in Crisis (better him than Barry and Kara!), but the thing that doesn't sit right with me about it is, you have to watch the crossovers in order for that to make a lick of sense, as it otherwise doesn't jive with the the stuff that normally happens on Arrow at all. Like, up 'til now, the crossovers have been kinda their own thing, vacations from the main plots of these shows, and you could take or leave them as you preferred. But they had very little impact on the shows themselves. So if you take Arrow as a series on its own, as a standalone work, and watched it to see a vigilante show and didn't bother with the crossovers, you're getting an ending that is much more in the Flash/Supergirl realm of cosmic fantasy that makes very little sense for Arrow the show whatsoever. Now, I'm personally fine with this as Flash/Supergirl are my Arrowverse shows of choice and watching this one has been a bit of a chore for me more often than not, but I can't imagine this ending will be at all satisfying to those who've been watching from the beginning and have always preferred Arrow's "grounded" tone/approach over the others. And it seems to me like Arrow's finale should be made for fans of Arrow, not the Arrowverse at large.

Dark Raven and Primal Slayer like this.
  11. Jedi Arrow

Did I miss the explanation for how Bronze Tiger got out of prison? Last I knew, he was still in there. I know Oliver said he'd fight to get him out, and Laurel probably has a soft spot for him after seeing him with Connor, but did they ever actually help him get out? Or is he just free without explanation?

12. Flash525

Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Not quite sure how she (Felicity) gets to see Oliver again, unless he isn’t actually dead but rather trapped somewhere.

The final season is sure going to be interesting; I just hope it isn’t all set in the flash forward, but I’m not sure how else it could go.

13. Jedi Arrow

I think it's more "alternate dimension" than death. Somehow he gets trapped there stopping the Crisis and everyone believes he's dead. The Monitor must discover him later and then tell Felicity where he is, or something.

Flash525 likes this.
  14. Deltron3030

Deltron3030 Registered

Flash forwards have failed this show. Only saving grace is felicity is gone.

15. unholyrevenger

unholyrevenger DC is Doomed by its fans

He got paroled

Jedi Arrow likes this.
  16. AcidRain

AcidRain Registered

I agree, but at this point, we don't know how they are going to end it. However, it seems likely it will be very fantastical.

17. shabadoo25

shabadoo25 Registered

This prior knowledge will blunt the impact of his "death" in the crisis.

cheungcheung and Jedi Arrow like this.
  18. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Dull finale which could've served as a series finale. It doesn't feel like there's much more story to be told. How many episodes are meant to be next season?

I agree they tried to wrap up too many things. Does this mean the flash forwards with Mia Smoak are over now?

Emiko was a dull villain. And she got killed rather easily in the end. I think if anyone were to kill her, it should've been Dante (whom they shouldn't have killed off before). Then Oliver could've fought him in the end for a more climatic battle.

Is Laurel gone for good now?

cheungcheung likes this.
  19. cheungcheung

cheungcheung Registered

Agreed that Emiko was a terrible villain this season. Also, it was pointless to make her a queen

20. Jedi Arrow

If they had spent more time developing Emiko she would've been a great villain, but she was around for over half a season (technically a full one, but we didn't know her identity yet) and I still felt like I hardly knew her. There was way too much time bouncing between plot lines. The ARGUS story in the first half, which we now know was relevant because it introduced the Ninth Circle, took too long to connect to the A plot, and Diaz and the "Longbow Hunters" were worse than pointless. I kept expecting Diaz to not actually be dead because his ending was so anticlimactic. But nope, he was just gone. Dante should've been included way sooner, the Longbow Hunters should have worked for him, and Diaz should have been gone last season, or else folded into the Ninth Circle.

And also, "Beatrice" came out of nowhere for no purpose. Virgil should've just killed Emiko rather than introducing a new Circle member at the last second.

21. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Who was Beatrice?

22. Arachnid

Arachnid The Spectacular Webhead

Finally got around the the finale. Pretty subpar episode. But the ending was good and emotional. Interested to see where they take things next season. Hoping Ollie bouncing to different universes helping out maybe?

23. Jedi Arrow

Exactly.

24. jolldan

jolldan Registered

It didn't get me but damn it was close especially as the bunker shut down, very much felt like the end of an era even though we do have 10 episodes left.

Especially that last scene with Ollie saying goodbye to his daughter. Even the future stuff wrapped up quite nicely (yes it wasn't my favorite storyline in the world) but I warmed to it and the passing of the torch to the new team was a nice touch.