Arrow Season 7: Longbow Hunters and Batwoman

Deltron3030

Civilian
Reaction score
All confirmed. Too lazy to provide links but s6 finale name dropped longbow hunters, prob Diaz new crew and amell posted a video on batgirl being introduced on Arrow. I'm guessing 5-6 supermax prison arch and maybe batgirl helps him get out, which leads to crossover event. Or maybe crossover happens much later. I'm hoping this is enough for arrow to make it to season 8. As much as I hated season 4 and strongly dislike most of season 6, I really want more seasons of Arrow. I see it as a batman ripoff and I'm okay with that since we can't get batman on the tv screen.

How do you think season 7 will go and what are you hoping for? I think now that Oliver has been outed as green arrow, I would love for a new series actually, maybe where he can form their version of the justice league in season 8 (or an entirely new show). If they do this tho, they gotta kill off new team arrow haha. Just big guns only! combine all the shows and make a huistice league.

Apparently I'm a little rusty with lore, but what's the difference between Batgirl and Batwoman exactly?

In any case, I posted elsewhere that I'd like Arrow (and maybe even some of the other shows, once wrapped, to conform to a small-screen Justice League theme, but more 10 to 15 hour-long episodes. We've already got the Flash and Arrow, I'm sure they could recast, and reintroduce Hawkgirl, maybe add Batwoman, bring back Ray from Legends. It could work.

I haven't watched the Season 6 final yet (spoilers about the revelations could have been tagged by the way), but I'd very much like a transition to a league-style show, similar to Legends, just without the time travel element. Problem is, quite a few villain have already been extinguished, and I feel that adding in extra terrestrial elements would be too costly.

One thing's for sure though, if we've having a member of the Bat Family, actually seeing Batman isn't going to be too much out of the question (eventually). Maybe Arrow's final ever episode or something? I'll be amazed if we don't see that character before Arrow wraps up.

Batgirl and Batwoman are completely different characters. Batgirl is Barbara Gordon, Commissioner Gordon's daughter who started fighting crime in order to save him from a certain (usually interchangeable) situation.

Batwoman is Batman's Jewish, lesbian cousin who started fighting crime because she was kidnapped with her mother and vowed to never be defenseless again.

The characters are very different in style, Batgirl being more fun and upbeat while Kate usually has darker storylines like the death of her mother and such.

I hope that if Huntress is back, she's done properly with a better costume and some actual interaction with Black Canary or Black Siren, I suppose. Not that her character was bad before, but it wasn't great.

The characters are very different in style, Batgirl being more fun and upbeat while Kate usually has darker storylines like the death of her mother and such.
If darker, compared to Batgirl, Batwoman would definitely suit the tone of Arrow as a (possible) supporting character.

My only fear is that she'll end up like the CW Superman, in that she'll appear for what'll likely be a two-part episode (depends what they mean by crossover) to never be seen again. We've not seen Superman in what seems like forever, which is concerning when you remember that the planet is dealing with world killers hell-bent on destroying the entire world (of which includes Metropolis).

The difference is that Batgirl is an awesome character who is incredibly likable. Batwoman on the other hand completely sucks.

I hope that if Huntress is back, she's done properly with a better costume and some actual interaction with Black Canary or Black Siren, I suppose. Not that her character was bad before, but it wasn't great.

I don't think Huntress will ever show back up. They just aren't invested in the character.

In any case, I posted elsewhere that I'd like Arrow (and maybe even some of the other shows, once wrapped, to conform to a small-screen Justice League theme, but more 10 to 15 hour-long episodes. We've already got the Flash and Arrow, I'm sure they could recast, and reintroduce Hawkgirl, maybe add Batwoman, bring back Ray from Legends. It could work.

I would definitely watch that. I remember the Hall of Justice being teased back in the Invasion crossover.

Last edited:

Why did they ditch her? Did fans not like her?

...and Amell posted a video on Batwoman being introduced on Arrow.

The only stuff I’ve read mentions that Batwoman is being introduced into the extended “Arrowverse” - not that the character will originate from (specifically) Arrow’s “Earth 1.” Most folks seem to agree that it would make more sense if Batwoman hailed from Supergirl’s “Earth-38.” Granted, making sense has never been a strong suit of the Berlanti DC shows… :word:

Why did they ditch her? Did fans not like her?
No, she was decent enough, the actress had another gig, although they had said she'd return once in a while. But I think she was seen as competition to Felicity and so Guggenheim never wanted to see her (Huntress) again.

Hopefully longbow kills off Diaz right away, as he's too much trouble, to establish their "street cred". Guy was nothing but a bad Tony Montana impersonation, Oliver should've KO'd him in like 2 seconds, he took down other drug lords in season 1 with much less effort, when Starling City was in worse shape.

With Gotham going away, and Batwoman coming in, and the movies tanking, and tv show effects getting better, would love to see a Batman TV Series. It's like the perfect hero level for a tv show, he doesn't have super powers, just some gadgets, and a fancy car, occasionally a jet, and could use his detective skills, like a CSI for CW.

No, she was decent enough, the actress had another gig, although they had said she'd return once in a while. But I think she was seen as competition to Felicity and so Guggenheim never wanted to see her (Huntress) again.

Oh, okay. Thanks.

I do hope they drop Diaz in the first few episodes. He is so far the absolute worst character on the show so far. I can't stand the character or his ridiculous path from a nobody to this big bad villian in the span of a few episodes that somehow keeps getting the drop on Oliver over better, more dangerous villians.

Ra's al Ghul? Tough but managable. Diaz? Some street thug with an inflated ego and attitude? Too difficult to defeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"