The Flash Season 7x03: Mother

Web-Head

Up, Up and Away
Reaction score
As Eva becomes more powerful, Barry and team must find a way to stop her, they are shocked when an old friend - Sue Dearbon risks her life to help.

This episode will air March 16 and was directed by David McWhirter

Last edited:
Wasn't there a Jennifer Lawrence movie named "Mother"?

Good to see Sue returning. Is she going to be featuring independently of Ralph Dibney now?

My feedback on the show is....something seemed to go wrong when they created the AI speedforce, whether it's how they built (materials used) or the way they used nash as a organic conductor.

my guess nash dna is linked to wells, and the real wells is linked to thawne because when thawne used that device to swap bodies it allowed his body/dna to be a conduit so when all the wells were brought back to life so was thawne.

the AI speedforce was shutdown, my guess when barry threw lightning at it to destroy it that he must of had some residual speedforce left to allow him to do that.

However, I'm sure everyone noticed that shortly after barry's lightning was blue, and I don't think he was extracting velocity x from frost because like he said during there battle that the velocity x was pretty much out of her system which meant no more speed so there wouldn't be speed or blue lighting being sucked out of frost and transferred to barry.

my guess, possibly when his mind was working a super speed it subconsciously made him generate the speed force like he does in the comics which is why his lightning was blue because there's no reason why that should have happened, it wasn't like barry injected himself with velocity x.

this is actually a good way of explaining this if the writers are going that direction.....this would put a rest to the AI speed force which i did not really like and still hoping that's not the permanent speed force.

This would also explain why thawne could be back....now that barry has tapped into the ability to generate the speed force, he is the engine and without him nobody has speed but all of a sudden we see clips of thawne and reverse flash....barry obviously plays the biggest role in all speedsters lives, basically they all need him or they have no speed, and i'm sure reverse flash knew all this was going to happen which is why he seems to never die for good, he's always a step ahead.

remember when he came out of the speed force he was talking all wierd, writing down those symbols, and then he went and saved iris from samuroid and cysco said he's never seen barry run that fast, actually he says no speedster has gone that fast....maybe it's like he was able to tap into more of his abilities, I think his brain being at super speed COULD have allowed him to tap into the ability to re-generate the speed force and therefore be the engine for him and all others without really knowing that it happened.

I forgot barry knocked them the hell out last week.

Leave it to Wells to make an entrance. That's something that every version of Harrison Wells has done with style across the multiverse.

I really wish they didn't get rid of Ralph. Sue has been a much needed boost from the little we have seen of her so hopefully she at least sticks around.

Edit: lol I spoke too soon apparently

Last edited:
They are really desperate for a Wells on this show. The universe doing a balancing act because the world needs a Wells? Come the freak on. And OF COURSE he has the memories of all the Wells. Lame.

For all intents and purposes, I'm counting this as the season 6 finale and in that sense it more or less delivered. Yeah yeah, you got your typical from CW Flash and you could tell they were cutting costs for the final showdown.

Glad the artificial speed force wasn't a long term option. They're setting up for Reverse Flash's return, especially with the original Wells not sticking around.

Still really disappointed we won't be getting more Ralph and Sue. It's obvious they really have nothing for Allegra to do and Chester, really. Ralph and Sue should be in their roles on Team Flash.

Kind of a troll move with what they did with Ralph but at least they gave a proper send off.

This was a bad finale and kind of embarrassing at that.

The whole bending over backwards to bring back Wells and make him a meta human...

"Love is the speedforce" I feel like this is a disney movie.

Finding an excuse to get Cisco into the battlefield using his OG powers because he cant be a meta anymore.....

Fighting Mirror Mistress only for it to end in a pep talk and her going back to her mirrorverse...

If this is how we were originally going to end the season it really was all for nothing.

This was supposed to be the 6th season and after watching it, the 6th season could've ended with a whimper. Thankfully the Mirrorverse storyline has come to an end.

Why not have turn Wells into Pariah permanently?

This was a bad finale and kind of embarrassing at that.

The whole bending over backwards to bring back Wells and make him a meta human...

"Love is the speedforce" I feel like this is a disney movie.

Finding an excuse to get Cisco into the battlefield using his OG powers because he cant be a meta anymore.....

Fighting Mirror Mistress only for it to end in a pep talk and her going back to her mirrorverse...

If this is how we were originally going to end the season it really was all for nothing.
I have a feeling this wasn't totally how they planned on ending the season. At least we're on to the official season 7 and I'm looking forward to Abra Kadabra's return next week.

You might as well not have brought back Ralph if you're gonna have him looking like a third-rate Power Ranger in the end.
I can see both sides, but he really wasn't needed. Sue could have just said they were leaving, etc.

So...we're just totally cool with Eva now? No harm no foul, take care, have a nice trip? Ok. The Wells stuff is beyond ridiculous at this point.

This was...not good, but at least this "graphic novel"s over.

Yeah, so that was one way to end it. For all intents and purposes this was just the ending of season 6. As a season grade, that was fine up until episode 16. Suffered the same thing season 5 did, in that maybe the last 5 or 6 episodes of the season really dropped the ball by prolonging a story that didn't need it and ending on a real whimper. The last two seasons are kind of fighting for last place overall.

These last 3 episodes specifically have been really bad. I mean what was the point of the artificial speed force and the death of the Wells. Not only did that not work, most of the OG team wasn't there, and they just had Iris be the solution to the issue. Real waste of time.

Hoping the next 'graphic novel' is good. The show has spurts of being strong when it wants to. Not exactly looking forward to more speed force and speedster nonsense though.

Does anyone know, or does anyone care to speculate what the deal was with the closing scene after the episode had ended; showing the speed force expand into the atmosphere etc? Seems an odd place to have that shown. I guess Wally is a speedster again too?

Leave it to Wells to make an entrance. That's something that every version of Harrison Wells has done with style across the multiverse.
They are really desperate for a Wells on this show. The universe doing a balancing act because the world needs a Wells? Come the freak on. And OF COURSE he has the memories of all the Wells. Lame.
What gets me; there was literally no point to his return. He didn't do anything that the team couldn't have done anyway, and then he does a vanishing act through time. Super lame - as was the majority of the episode.

Regarding Ralph, I honestly don't know why they just didn't recast him. He can change his appearance. Surely they could've explained his change as a necessity due to protective custody or something?

Does anyone know, or does anyone care to speculate what the deal was with the closing scene after the episode had ended; showing the speed force expand into the atmosphere etc? Seems an odd place to have that shown. I guess Wally is a speedster again too?

What gets me; there was literally no point to his return. He didn't do anything that the team couldn't have done anyway, and then he does a vanishing act through time. Super lame - as was the majority of the episode.

Regarding Ralph, I honestly don't know why they just didn't recast him. He can change his appearance. Surely they could've explained his change as a necessity due to protective custody or something?

I'm guessing that'll get addressed going forward. My guess? It's basically another "particle excelerator" for more metas or something with the next big bad.

As far as Ralph goes, I almost would have rather that then losing both Ralph and Sue, but probably best the cut the cast down. They already don't have anything for Allegra or Chester to do, really. Even Joe and Cecile seem to have little to do these days. Wells too for that matter.

I could see MirrorMistress turning to the good leaf if they had laid some crumbs for that. Once again, an evil-bad person/being just decided to be goody-goody because of a lil pep-talk, despite more than a season coming off as cray-cray and evil. If she had been having some kind of crisis of conscious going on then I could see it.
And why didn't she just mirror Barry, rather then try and make a deal with him? Literally stick him in a mirror-verse and pulls the strings on his copy. Also makes one wonder why she didn't just mirror the Major, the police chief, the captain, first and then go down the list if people to replace.
And how did everyone else know their family/friends were not them, when Mirror-Iris fooled everyone on Team Flash?!
And if you are going to paper up the police station why leave a full-szed stand up mirror right in the damn corner!? I saw that, paused the show, and said 'Wha-wha-what!?'

Anyway...

Vibe back in the field was cool, until I realized he was using tech to give him the powers. Still stupidest decision ever to take the meta 'cure.' to be 'normal,' but still deciding to fight meta-humans. And since all those copies of MM were basically her, why were they slow enough for unpowered Cisco to beat down, much less Frost..?

I can see Iris being the catalyst for the new Speed force, seeing how there's been a spark there before. They just needed to tap it in order to 'regrow' the speed force..? I would assume that means Wally is once again a Speedster as well, wherever he is. Hope he's doing something real slow when it kicks back in again.
Also curious about the last scene and the speed force breaking into four different colors and spreading out. That meant something.

A little comical about Dibny. I can see them recasting for the next season. Hopefully it'll be a better actor than the one they had before.

Well well Wells... Gone again are we..? The first few times they did it, it was okay. But now this is what, a dozen times? Done with it. Should have left him dead or let him stay. He had pretty much no role to fill as anyone could have told Barry to run, Barry run.

Have to say, I was not entirely entertained. First and second seasons are still the best, while this is just a mess.

Well, Hartely Sawyer faired better than Dean Cain, I guess. At least the character appeared on screen.

Kind of wish Iris had kept some of the powers. I think that would have interesting. Not bad, just the break made it feel longer than it was. I liked Eva, and would love to see her return, but her arc wasn't the greatest.

So, does the rainbow mean we are getting more speedsters, or are we getting the "other" forces?

Not gonna lie, I was surprised they still had Barry's crime lab office set still around.

What's Wells going to do now? Watch his younger self and his lost wife being happy together, over and over again? How many times through that loop before despair overwhelms him and he decides to use his time powers to fix things? And then it's Wellspoint. In the comics, the followup to Crisis is a well-meaning character wanting to fix the details that the resolution of Crisis didn't quite get right.

--

I thought that Wells, just before disappearing, would very rapidly wave goodbye to Cisco, followed by a cut back to Cisco's Vibe-PTSD reaction as the realization of what he's seeing sets in.

The speed force expansion/explosion is no doubt going to do something, and I'm willing to bet it'll be a leading factor in Thawne's return.

Pretty sure Godspeed (the real one this time) is expected to be a reoccurring villain this season too, isn't he?

I, We, Everybody could pick holes in this show of late. I'm not sure whether it's lazy writing or if they're just running (hah) out of ideas. Makes me concerned for Season 8, 9 and potentially 10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"