The Flash Season 8: Armageddon part 1

Web-Head

Up, Up and Away
Reaction score
When a powerful alien threat arrives on Earth under mysterious circumstances, Barry, Iris and the rest of the team are pushed to their limits in a desperate battle to save the world

Why would Despero change into a human form while he walks through a destroyed CC before time traveling?

Go figure Iris goes from starting a "news" startup to having like the #2 news company in the US w/a big time office and staff news company in a flash. The Arrowverse always gotta go to the extreme

I'll say this - Despero looks good in live-action CGI.

It's nice to see Flash looking better when dealing with the Royal Flush Gang. I have an idea how Barry causing chaos would go down.

Overall it was better than what majority of S7 gave us though they still pep talk us to death.

Despero....is a good guy from the future who wants to kill Flash before he can go evil. Idk but for some reason I feel like we've been here before? Desperos real look isnt far off from the actors so I really dont know why they didnt just do prosthetics and do camera angles mixed with CGI to make him larger than Barry instead of a full CGI route...but regardless I am happy that his alien form was on display for a good chunk of time even if it makes no sense that he'd change to look more human when he's "playing nice"

Royal Flush gang were a step up from what Arrow gave us back in the day even if the acting was very corny. Do wish they were a bit more formidable to Flash since if he's this fast then I dont really know how they can give him any villains otuside of speed and aliens that can do anything.

I actually really liked this premiere. I mean yeah season 7 wasn’t that great but imo they bounced back with the Godspeed arc. It was cool seeing Ray again and his life post Legends.

Despro’s introduction was nice and his CGI actually was good. Kinda funny how Iris is now all the sudden a top reporter In the world but like Primal said that’s the Arrowverse for you.

But overall I thought this episode kept up the momentum that the Godspeed arc had going for the series and is a great start to the season. Also thank god Caitlin is finally ready to move on and start dating again because it’s way overdue.

Final note Chester stop doubting yourself man I mean how many times do you need a pep talk. You got skills man believe in yourself.

Last edited:
It’s been a while (a year plus?) since I watched this series. So I thought I’d give the first episode of the “Armageddon” arc a try. Well… it wasn’t Supergirl bad... But it wasn’t especially good either. Indeed, both Batwoman (at least this year) and Legends of Tomorrow (granting its wacky, screwball premise) are better written.

Take a shot every time they say "level up" :funny:

Yeah I was very pleased in this episode. Hopefully most of season 8 can keep up this quality, which seems to have improved.

I actually like they're giving Iris her own little newspaper. Feels like she has something to do now and it's interesting.

"It's time for Atom to embiggen." Stop it with the Marvel references, it's offensive.

"It's time for Atom to embiggen." Stop it with the Marvel references, it's offensive.

Or, quite plausibly, it’s a reference to The Simpsons. According to many dictionaries, “embiggen” was coined in a 1996 episode.

DXiFqmzU8AEOrpJ

Well, I see that the writing has not improved. I assume they converted the CCPD set into the new Citizen set, since it doesn't really strike me as a converted Catco. Despero's CGI is surprisingly good, though it is hilarious that they kept Curran's facial hair while in alien form.

And Frost, sorry to tell you, it ain't your heart that is wanting Chillblaine.

This episode brought to you by the phrase "level up".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"