The Flash Season 8: Armageddon part 2

Web-Head

Up, Up and Away
Reaction score
Despero warns The Flash that great tragedies will lead to Armageddon; Barry doubles down on proving his innocence, but a devastating revelation pushes him to seek counsel from Black Lightning.

The DEO doesnt have any info on Despero so he must be the most dangerous alien ever? I mean....how and why would the DEO expect to have information on every single alien lifeform? Come on now...even Star Trek hasnt encountered every single lifebeing out there.

I love how Barry and co. just encountered the future offspring a couple months ago where Barry was long and gone and Central City was intact but they dont even think about that?

Cecile....how you gonna slap anyone with anything when Barry hasnt been terminated. Just suspended pending investigation.

I am so over Chester and his dramatic backstories. Every episode they have him questioning himself and needing to be uplifted by the team. IT's OLD.

If Zoltar wants to steal some priceless paintings...was she just going to walk home with it? Does she have a car parked near?

Barry's powers really have become so big that he can come up with anything for any situation.

I will say that I will be impressed if the writers have had Barry in a mind warp since the start of episode 1. If this isnt a mind warp then...I cant with this season already.

At least The Flash is making excuses for Supergirl to be gone compared to both Sm&L/SG making excuses for each cousin not showing up to help one another.

The Hall of Justice needs an upgrade. Its very moody.

Does Jefferson live in the Hall of Justice? Why is he there? Or did barry call him?

Fairly standard episode of the Flash and I liked the mystery of it all. Something tells me Joe isn't really dead though...

It'll be weird with Star Labs being gone too but probably needed. Hopefully Chester's garage isn't the new "working grounds" but maybe they'll use the Hall?

Very good closing scene - looking forward to seeing more of Barry and Black Lightning teaming up.

I do like how Despero is just making life pure hell for Barry. It's more of a nuisance for Barry here than Flashpoint was. But very happy to see Jefferson there at the end. After Crisis, he and Barry are long overdue for a reunion.

While last week was first impression start up, here we delve into the mysteries of Despero, the future he's from, and Barry going rogue that will destroy everything and everyone he loves. The only crossover appearances were Alex Danvers and Black Lightning at the end that will escalate things in the third part.

We also learn of Supergirl and Martian Manhunter after Supergirl's series finale. I think Flash will acknowledge Supergirl more than Superman and Lois. An okay second part as I was hoping Black Lightning would appear in the climax of the episode.

The phrase "level up" must have in-universe significance, something from Barry’s real world breaking through his delusions. Anything repeated that much in a story is important, the way "crash the mode" turned out to be much more than a slang expression in Young Justice.

Today's secret word is Injustice. ("AAAAAAaaaAAAaAaAAAAAAaaAAAAA!!!")

It's weird that they bothered giving a plot excuse for why Supergirl and Martian Manhunter weren't around to help and yet don't address Superman's absence.

Xoater is the name of the Weapons Master.
Battle Barry and and JL way back in Brave and the Bold #29.

B&B29.jpg

It's weird that they bothered giving a plot excuse for why Supergirl and Martian Manhunter weren't around to help and yet don't address Superman's absence.
I haven't been following Supergirl recently. What's the deal with their absence? I remember Alex mentioning them, but not a reason for their absence? Spoiler Tags if necessary..?

I haven't been following Supergirl recently. What's the deal with their absence? I remember Alex mentioning them, but not a reason for their absence? Spoiler Tags if necessary..?
I think Alex mentioned that both Kara and J’onn were “off world.” Best I can recall, this absence didn’t happen during season 6 of Supergirl. So it must have happened after the series finale. I.e., The Flash writers just made up a scenario to “explain” why Kara couldn’t assist Barry.

I suppose a similar excuse could have been provided for Superman. But since Barry was speaking with Alex (and not Lois), Supergirl would have been the more obvious subject to address.

I think Alex mentioned that both Kara and J’onn were “off world.” Best I can recall, this absence didn’t happen during season 6 of Supergirl. So it must have happened after the series finale. I.e., The Flash writers just made up a scenario to “explain” why Kara couldn’t assist Barry.

I suppose a similar excuse could have been provided for Superman. But since Barry was speaking with Alex (and not Lois), Supergirl would have been the more obvious subject to address.
Yes, Alex said Kara and J’onn were “off World”. No, the Supergirl finale didn’t involve anyone going “off world”. With what Alex said Armageddon could be happening anytime after the events of the Supergirl finale. It would’ve been incredibly awkward if Alex didn’t at least mention her sister. The three characters from Supergirl that viewers have really seen interact with Barry and team Flash are Kara, Alex, and J’onn so even though Nia/Dreamer and/or Brainy would be more helpful than some of the others appearing it kinda makes sense that Alex didn’t mention them. Apparently Chyler will appear in person as Alex/Sentinel. I read that the scheduling was tight to get Chyler because they were filming the final Supergirl episodes at the same time.

Last edited:
They teased Joe's death last week and confirmed it this week. But apart from Cecile last week, no-one else seemed to be really acting as if Joe had died or that they were mourning him.

What if Despero finds out that he's actually the one who has driven Barry mad and led to Joe's death by travelling back in time and altering history, causing some kind of temporal paradox?

Also, since Flash and Team Flash knew that Zoltar drove people mad, why didn't they assume it was some kind of residual effect from her that caused Barry's madness even after she had been placed in meta dampening cuffs? And why didn't Barry bring Despero to the fight with Zoltar just to show him that Zoltar could actually be the one behind Barry's madness and not that it's just madness that sprung out of nowhere?

Ta for the Supergirl info folks. I guess Clark didn't have a phone signal in Smallville...

Pretty sure Joe's death will be reversed too; they're not about to kill a character like Joe off-screen. IIRC, the actor had some health issues previously, so maybe (with covid) he's keeping his distance from crowded people, and thus hasn't been able to film scenes or something? He'll be back though, I'm sure of it. I think we all are.

That said, why Barry doesn't remember is intriguing. There's definitely some timey stuff going on here, which has become expected with this show.

I see this was the budget episode of the event.

I do wonder are they doing a total set makeover?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"