Arrow Season 8, Episode 10: "Fadeout" (SERIES FINALE; MAJOR SPOILERS)

I thought it was really good. The short scene with Barry and Felicity at the funeral was strong, as were several other moments. I gave up trying to figure out the earths and timelines long ago, so I have no comment about that. Cool to see Diggle get a green glowy thing.

Question: Is this established tech on Legends? I know they’ve used portals to travel from place to place (their version of a Star Trek transporter). But for actual time travel, I thought the Waverider was necessary. No?
There was a time when the ship itself was required, but as with everything in the Arrowverse, it’s been diluted and now those portals exist as devices, rather than the need to have a ship. Might as well move Gideon to a building as the ship has easily become redundant.

The finale didn’t explain how the younger versions of Laurel and Dinah end up in 2040. I guess that’ll be covered later - if/when the spinoff series happens.
Laurel was explained last week; she had Sara drop her off. Dinah remains a mystery however. She (and all history of her) seems to have vanished from 2020. I’d be interested to know whether 2040 Renee remembers her.

Given the prior teases about Diggle being a Green Lantern in another reality, the “green glow in a box” was very likely an Easter egg along those lines. But then I considered whether “green glow” might be… kryptonite?
That occurred to me too, and I think, despite the desire of a power ring, it might actually be kryptonite. Power Rings choose their owners, right? They don’t hide in a mysterious box and crash, whereas Kryptonite may just do.

I thought this was nice send off and for better or worse Arrow has been a successful superhero show. Without Arrow's initial success we wouldn't have Legends or The Flash so it will be weird that we won't get any new Arrow episodes since the two shows that I've mentioned are still on air.

I enjoyed the long fight scene in the warehouse and I thought it was a nice throwback to season 1.

Diggle and Lyla moving to Metropolips probably means they will guest star on the upcoming CW Superman and Lois show. It will be cool to see Diggle be on Black Lightning as I'm sure him and Jefferson will be good friends. I was surprised that they're actually teasing at Diggle becoming GL and it will be interesting if this goes anywhere in the near future.

I'm disappointed that Slade wasn't at Oliver's funeral as he was such a important character in the first two seasons. Its cool that they've brought back Moira, Tommy and Lance but surely those Crisis changes would have strongly effected the previous seasons of Arrow? Also I don't really get the logic in not bringing back Earth 1 Laurel and I wanted E2 Laurel to at least acknowledged the changes in Earth 2 but oh well.

Oliver's afterlife was underwhelming but at least he has somewhat of a happy ending and that he will be remembered as a hero in Star City which many would not predicted from season 1. Overall this was a good finale.

That occurred to me too, and I think, despite the desire of a power ring, it might actually be kryptonite. Power Rings choose their owners, right? They don’t hide in a mysterious box and crash, whereas Kryptonite may just do.

Well, Guggenheim pretty much confirmed that the scene was a Green Lantern Easter egg - nothing to do with kryptonite.

‘Arrow’ Series Finale Brings A Major DC Superhero To CW – Deadline

But at first blush, I did consider the kryptonite possibility because a) there was a prior mention of Metropolis (if only Diggle had chosen Paris :oldrazz:) and b) there are a lot of “green glowy things” in fantasy fiction. :word: So a little clarity might have been in order. Guggenheim explains that they were somewhat constrained in what they could show. And I guess “green glow” was the compromise - notwithstanding its ambiguity.

Well, that funeral scene was better than Endgames...

I nice little end to the series. Much like the rest of the season, it was more tribute than actual plot, but I am okay with it. A lot of great little moments, and great seeing almost everyone again.

According the Guggenheim and Ramsay, the tease was as far as they go with Green Lantern due to the agreement with DC Entertainment. Anything more than that would violate their agreement.

According the Guggenheim and Ramsay, the tease was as far as they go with Green Lantern due to the agreement with DC Entertainment. Anything more than that would violate their agreement.

DC is absolutely ridiculous with these silly mandates. "We'll let you show a green glow but you cant show a ring or call it a lantern ring or allude to anything Green Lantern related...." WHO THE F CARES?! What is the big friggin' deal? Someone please explain that to me.

Anyway, besides that grievance, I thought this was an INCREDIBLY strong finale to the show. I've followed this show since the beginning and kept with it through its ups and downs. This is the only Arrowverse show I've kept up with and I'm going to miss it. I thought Oliver's death in Crisis was poorly done but this goodbye episode made up for it and it got me in the feels. Great sendoff to a show that trailblazed superhero television.

Good finale with some great moments. I get why E2 Laurel survived. She needs her redemption arc. Quentin's comment about there being nothing to fix was juuust right. Literally everyone being at the funeral was a great moment. And **** DC for depriving us of a tv Green Lantern...

DC is absolutely ridiculous with these silly mandates. "We'll let you show a green glow but you cant show a ring or call it a lantern ring or allude to anything Green Lantern related...." WHO THE F CARES?! What is the big friggin' deal? Someone please explain that to me.
Good finale with some great moments. I get why E2 Laurel survived. She needs her redemption arc. Quentin's comment about there being nothing to fix was juuust right. Literally everyone being at the funeral was a great moment. And **** DC for depriving us of a tv Green Lantern...
It's even more stupid when you consider the GLC was actually shown in Crisis, and they've an upcoming show (granted on a different network) that's said to be the same universe as the one shown in Crisis.

Makes no sense at all.

It's kinda crazy that Marvel spent a better part of the decade trying to get back access to characters the lent to other studios in the past, and here we have DC who has access to everything, but chooses to put limits on themselves for contrived reasons.

I haven't seen the final yet but I just watched the review show that was on at 8PM. Nothing worse then watching people self f-llate themselves how wonderful they are. It would have been better just to have a recap of the past 8 seasons then leave the self f-llating for the DVD

It's kinda crazy that Marvel spent a better part of the decade trying to get back access to characters the lent to other studios in the past, and here we have DC who has access to everything, but chooses to put limits on themselves for contrived reasons.

i just dont understand it. Some things I can kind of get behind them on like, for example, maybe not wanting a Batman on TV while they’ve got Batman on the big screen at the same time. Or Wonder Woman or even Harley Quinn. I can understand the notion of not maybe wanting to dilute something that is already well immortalized in the cinemas....but Green Lantern? A property that the GA doesnt even care about right now? Who cares?! Just make Diggle a Lantern ffs.

Was there anyone in that coffin that they buried for Ollie's funeral? Where would they have gotten a body from? Was it even a funeral or just a statue unveiling?

Was there anyone in that coffin that they buried for Ollie's funeral? Where would they have gotten a body from? Was it even a funeral or just a statue unveiling?

They stated there was no body. They had a funeral and vigil.

They got everyone to return for the funeral except…
Deathstroke?

I guess when Winston was revealed to be Diggle’s step dad , the Stewart name should have triggered my Justice League sense. Woops.

Good finale. The part where young William gets kidnapped by John Byrne (lol) felt extraneous but w/e.
So who do you think the mysterious person was who restored JJ’s mind in 2040?
Connor? A new person?

Last edited by a moderator:
aWF3UDOAOV3FJ7ss2vOKE85bNvoxNgMhhRWm6_y4Nwd7qpR3p38ZT5f44m_XowGYtIsxO4wLlilVVA=s640-nd

...I can understand the notion of not maybe wanting to dilute something that is already well immortalized in the cinemas....but Green Lantern? A property that the GA doesnt even care about right now? Who cares?! Just make Diggle a Lantern ffs.

I’m still stuck on Diggle’s mention of moving (with family) to Metropolis. A year ago, this sort of allusion might have been a mere, fun Easter egg. Likewise, the Green Lantern tease would be harmless enough: in effect, it’s “writing a check” that everyone understands :cwink: won’t be “cashed.” But now, given the upcoming Superman & Lois series, these details create expectations for the broader Arrowverse continuity - and for S&L, in particular. So why go there at all if you can’t actually “cash the check”?

Granted, it’s not impossible that Ramsey might join S&L. But after eight seasons as a sidekick on one show, would he want to do the same on another? (And would the audience want this redux?) Even if he did transfer, it doesn’t seem likely that it could be in any “Green Lantern” capacity - given the HBO Max project.

So - again - why the tease?

How come the "Justice League" didn't attend the funeral/ memorial? They lit the flame for Oliver at the Hall of Justice before and made him a seat at the table (to which others weren't invited). They could've attended as well - people like J'onn, Clark, Batwoman, Black Lightning even. And where was Ray Palmer?

Did John Byrne draw or write Green Arrow? What was the significance of using his name of all names? I'd understand it if they had a reference to that in Superman and Lois.

And how come Ollie couldn't bring back Shado?

He could've brought back Brick, since he brought back Emiko and she was no longer a villain.

i just dont understand it. Some things I can kind of get behind them on like, for example, maybe not wanting a Batman on TV while they’ve got Batman on the big screen at the same time. Or Wonder Woman or even Harley Quinn. I can understand the notion of not maybe wanting to dilute something that is already well immortalized in the cinemas....but Green Lantern? A property that the GA doesnt even care about right now? Who cares?! Just make Diggle a Lantern ffs.

If one is a GL fan, there's a TV show coming out likely to feature and honor that mythos more accurately and comprehensively. If one is a Diggle fan, he doesn't need to become a GL for his story to evolve or get closure in any meaningful way. So, for me, I wonder why care about Diggle being a GL? The GA doesn't care, as you say. Why does any Diggle fan care? Why is it worth teasing in the finale let alone a follow up in another series?

Oh, and the finale, like the show, was terrible. Filled with plenty of nonsense and misogyny. MG is a talentless hack.

I'm genuinely curious. If Barry were giving the middle finger, would that pic be allowed on here? Because in the UK, that's exactly the equivalent of what he's doing sticking two fingers up like that.

How come the "Justice League" didn't attend the funeral/ memorial? They lit the flame for Oliver at the Hall of Justice before and made him a seat at the table (to which others weren't invited). They could've attended as well - people like J'onn, Clark, Batwoman, Black Lightning even. And where was Ray Palmer?

Did John Byrne draw or write Green Arrow? What was the significance of using his name of all names? I'd understand it if they had a reference to that in Superman and Lois.

And how come Ollie couldn't bring back Shado?

He could've brought back Brick, since he brought back Emiko and she was no longer a villain.
No John Byrne did not write Green Arrow(at least in solo comics) No idea why they did that.

I haven't seen the final yet but I just watched the review show that was on at 8PM. Nothing worse then watching people self f-llate themselves how wonderful they are. It would have been better just to have a recap of the past 8 seasons then leave the self f-llating for the DVD
They should have at least got EBR for that special.

I’m still stuck on Diggle’s mention of moving (with family) to Metropolis. A year ago, this sort of allusion might have been a mere, fun Easter egg. Likewise, the Green Lantern tease would be harmless enough: in effect, it’s “writing a check” that everyone understands :cwink: won’t be “cashed.” But now, given the upcoming Superman & Lois series, these details create expectations for the broader Arrowverse continuity - and for S&L, in particular. So why go there at all if you can’t actually “cash the check”?

Granted, it’s not impossible that Ramsey might join S&L. But after eight seasons as a sidekick on one show, would he want to do the same on another? (And would the audience want this redux?) Even if he did transfer, it doesn’t seem likely that it could be in any “Green Lantern” capacity - given the HBO Max project.

So - again - why the tease?
At most, he will guest star a couple times on Superman and Lois. It could be a sweeps stunt if Diggle were GL in them, but I don't think it will happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"