GcgImWg.jpg

[YT]zsjZpulB3X8[/YT]​

Almost time. :D

Thanks Daryl for shutting him up...

:D

Guess they didn't want to drag that out for an episode or two. :p

rolling walkers? That's a first

Is it bad that I find myself agreeing with Morgan? :(

Don't get between a Morganinator and his kill.

Wow, Daryl. That was ice cold. :(

Yeah, Ezekial practically shouted for that to happen.

Eric just went to the hospital to be with Beth and Morales.

Seriously, Morales reappearing was the epitome of an Easter Egg. Also, any Kingdom member who dies deserves to have 'We will lose not one of our ranks' inscribed on their graves.

This episode was better than last week's shoot em up. :)

When the bad place are we getting back to that Negan/Gabriel cliffhanger?

I'm getting tired of Jesus and Ezekiel already. Someone please shoot them or have a walker bite them.

Morganinator, though. Love him. Completely agree with him. Wanted him to jam his spear into Jesus' throat.

Cold Daryl, so cold. But you can't trust the Saviors.

A few thoughts...

I agree with Morganator and Darryl. Kill ‘em all. I did enjoy the Morgan/Jesus martial arts battle though.

Someone kill Gregory already or at least stop helping him. Just let him wander around until a horde of zombies rips him to pieces. It shouldn’t take long.

LOL at the whole Morales thing. After a week or people discussing how awesome it was to bring him back (or asking each other just who the bad place he even was because most of us don’t remember), he gets quickly disposed of. Thanks for that Darryl.

Where the bad place is Michonne? Has she been in this season at all yet, other than in Rick’s weird flashforward/dream/fantasy/whatever? I’d rather spend some time with her than Tara or Jesus or Ezekiel.

Speaking of which, if Ezekiel still keeps up his Renn Faire act after getting a buttload of his people slaughtered, someone should kill him. He was always kind of absurd (the CGI diretiger doesn’t help) but now he’s getting ridiculous.

I think Michonne is guarding the homefront with Rick's kid.

Speaking of which, if Ezekiel still keeps up his Renn Faire act after getting a buttload of his people slaughtered, someone should kill him. He was always kind of absurd (the CGI diretiger doesn’t help) but now he’s getting ridiculous.

I really wish he'd drop that stupid act. It was charming at first, but now it just makes every appearance of his really jarring. The zoo keeper trying to keep things together, that's a character I want to spend time with. Let us get more of the real guy.

Also, anyone else agree that Jesus is by far the worst character on the show? "We got to do it for Maggie!". Are we supposed to be on this guy's side? And then she doesn't seem to even agree with him about bringing prisoners to the camp. He's such a badly miscast, and bland character.

A few thoughts...

I agree with Morganator and Darryl. Kill ‘em all. I did enjoy the Morgan/Jesus martial arts battle though.

Someone kill Gregory already or at least stop helping him. Just let him wander around until a horde of zombies rips him to pieces. It shouldn’t take long.

LOL at the whole Morales thing. After a week or people discussing how awesome it was to bring him back (or asking each other just who the bad place he even was because most of us don’t remember), he gets quickly disposed of. Thanks for that Darryl.

Where the bad place is Michonne? Has she been in this season at all yet, other than in Rick’s weird flashforward/dream/fantasy/whatever? I’d rather spend some time with her than Tara or Jesus or Ezekiel.

1. Do you read the comics?

2. If you don't read the comics, you'll be much more satisfied with these Ezekiel and Gregory characters if they get what happened in the comics done to them, than if they do what you are suggesting.

I like Ezekiel. With everyone being so down and serious all the time, it's good to see him maintaining his swagger. I also like Jesus but he was wrong. The saviors have had plenty of chances but there's no reasoning with them. I'm curious about Maggie's decision. And for the love of Buddah, when is Morgan gonna kill that longhaired guy? Those saviors are some of the most annoying characters i've seen in years. Gregory should be fed to the walkers as well.

Another episode full of intense action and a few interesting character moments. I was surprised Jesus and Morgan came to blows like that. Exciting cliffhanger!

1. Do you read the comics?

2. If you don't read the comics, you'll be much more satisfied with these Ezekiel and Gregory characters if they get what happened in the comics done to them, than if they do what you are suggesting.

No, I don’t. But I know that the show and the comics don’t align perfectly.

I find it amazing that a season billed as "All Out War" has proven to be so boring. And that is largely a reflection of how predictable and formulaic this show has become.

I think Morales epitomizes that. Using Morales in that spot was meant to create some sort of moral quandary for Rick. That fails for two reasons:

1) Neither the audience nor Rick has any investment in Morales. To the extent that his words were meant to make the audience doubt Rick, they aren't impactful because they are coming from a guy whom no one cares about.

2) It is a cliched theme that the show has explored before. Many times. To the point of absurdity. We don't need yet another "how can I be a good man in a world of madness!?" story line. Yet that is exactly where the writers are going because they have no more interesting way to fill time.

The crazy part is, if the writers were willing to take even a single risk, that scene could've paid dividends. Imagine for a moment it isn't Morales who is holding Rick at gunpoint, that Daryl shoots...but rather Eugene. Imagine it is Eugene having that conversation with Rick. THAT would've hit the audience and it would've made it easier to invest in the "am I a monster?" development for Rick as a character whom we know and (somewhat) trust is what lit that spark.

But these writers are no longer daring. That is evidenced by the fact that we are three episodes into the season built and promoed around war and our only casualty is Eric...a guy no one cares about, at all.

At this point, the writers are not invested in telling a quality story. They are invested in stretching this franchise out until it dies a slow, painful death caused by a dip in quality and viewers.

Sadly, after Glenn, they may be afraid to kill a big name again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"