Season 8 Episode 9 "Honor" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead' started by Man in the Suit, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Man in the Suit

Man in the Suit Greeting

2. squeekness

squeekness The mighty squeek!

*subscribes*

3. tzarinna

tzarinna Mamochka

I actually don't have to work that night, which is a huge rarity.

4. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Well-Known Member

'Negan is Going to Kill You Now’ Sneak Peek Ep. 809 | The Walking Dead
    [YT]IgH2KwH0ll0[/YT]

5. Elevator Man

The promos have already given away that Morgan and Carol are going to rescue Ezekiel. So having knowledge of that there isn't any tension in this scene.

6. Man in the Suit

Man in the Suit Greeting

[YT]_GyS1vyeHtw[/YT]

7. squeekness

Almost time. :D

8. Sithborg

Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

I don't know what pisses me off more, the way they nonchalantly wrote him off, or the way they are trying to profit off of it.

9. squeekness

Nice cheery song. :(

10. squeekness

Geez, was that actual razor stubble on Carl's cheeks? He doesn't look old enough to shave. :(

11. Sithborg

Time for the dual Carol/Morgan Terminator kill spree.

12. squeekness

It will be glorious. :D

13. squeekness

Okay, Morgan, now that was just too gross. You didn't have to do that. At least I hope you wash your hands after. :(

14. Sithborg

Now Morgan is going slasher flick killer on the last Savior.

15. squeekness

Not sure begging is going to save him. :p

16. squeekness

:eek: Didn't see that coming with the kid.

17. Sithborg

Well, now this kid is going to be New Carl.

18. squeekness

Does he get paid less if he's half the age? :p

19. Sithborg

Well, finally, that's over.

20. NotNickFury

NotNickFury Well-Known Member

So if the past is any indication, now that Carl is dead, the very first thing that Rick needs to do is find a working phone so he can talk to him.

21. terry78

terry78 I'm gonna need more rope

Well, the kid had a good run.

22. squeekness

Hee hee, :p

23. Leenie

Leenie Well-Known Member

How many frickin' monologues did Carl need before dying over the course of this 90 minute episode?

Like, I have places to go and things to do, kid! Wrap it up!

24. squeekness

They did drag that out a bit. :p

25. Elevator Man

Well RIP Carl. Even though the episode was centered around Carl’s death it was still drawn out just as most episodes centered around a character death. Honestly this episode should’ve been the mid season finale.

The opening revealing how the saviors escaped the zombie herd surrounding the sanctuary should’ve been revealed in the opening of the previous episode/midseason finale. Being a vague about the saviors escape was a major plot hole of the last episode. Even the flashback and montage of how Carl got bit and him spending his last day alive with Judith and such at Alexandria should’ve been in the previous episode. I understand Gimple and Nicotero wanted this episode to be Carl’s swan song , but this episode felt padded during some moments..

I didn’t feel any tension during the Kingdom moments. It was revealed in the promos that Morgan and Carol would succeed in rescuing Ezekiel. One of the promos even revealed all three of them eventually being at the Hilltop. To paraphrase one of the members of the Kingdom “the saviors don’t stand a chance” against Carol, but with Morgan they’re both an unstoppable force. So at this point in the show we shouldn’t be surprised that both of them would rescue Ezekiel without getting a scratch on them .

Morgan pulling that wounded saviors intestines through the bullet wound was one of the sickest kills on the show.

So nobody from the Kingdom was watching Henry? Really? He shouldn’t be difficult to keep track of. especially if they had kept him with the rest of the children. If they wanted Henry to be at the Kingdom to exact revenge for the death of his brother they simply could’ve showed him staying behind when Ezekiel bought his community time to escape from the saviors during the previous episode. Instead of having him escape with community only for him to sneak back in. Gavin was one of the more rational saviors. I don’t know why Morgan was so intent on killing him or that Henry had to kill him. It should’ve been the savior who actually killed Benjamin but he’s already a prisoner at the Hilltop so that got botched. When it comes time for that particular savior to get his comeuppance I probably won’t care by then. He gave them (particularly Morgan and Maggie) plenty of opportunities to kill him during 8a.

After Daryl fouling up by unintentionally helping the saviors escape from that herd two episodes back. It’s laughable and insulting how the writers attempt to make up for it by making Daryl seem like a level headed saint. Having him holding Judith (who he hasn’t held since Season 3), claiming to Dwight that together (meaning ASZ, Hilltop, etc.) they’ll be the Saviors worst nightmare, and commending Carl for saving the what’s left of the Alexandria community. That doesn’t redeem Daryl from being a reckless, selfish, cold blooded killer for most of 8a. He’s part of the reason each community is in the mess they’re in at the moment. Some viewers will fall for it but not me. It should've been Daryl dying instead of Carl. Only way he can redeem himself (for me anyway) is if he later sacrifices himself for the group. And we know that won’t ever happen on this show because Daryl‘s the cash cow.

Finally got some explanations about those time jumps. So the dream of Rick with a beard and cane, ASZ being rebuilt, etc. was Carl’s dream instead of Rick’s. The time jump of a sweaty and dazed Rick revealed that he’s wounded , which I figured.

Overall it was an okay episode that was predictable and drawn out. I still don’t know how I feel about Carl’s death but we’ll see how the rest of the season plays out. At this point I’m just ready for this arc to wrap up, which will happen by the end of the season. Still some ways to go. So all I can really hope is that 8b will be a lot more engaging than 8a. I’m trying my best to be a little optimistic.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018