Season 8 Theories and Speculation

GET HYPE.

One thing that stuck out to me was "a year from now". March/April confirmed? It would make the most sense.

For the new page:

Game of Thrones Has Completed Filming on Their Biggest Battle Scene Yet

The GAME OF THRONES-themed site, Watchers on the Wall, got ahold of a picture posted by assistant director Jonathan Quinlan which shows a note thanking the crew for their work on the battle scene. Quinlan added in his caption (the post has been deleted) saying it was done across “55 consecutive nights, 11 weeks, 3 locations.”

VFhbu7O.jpg

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/gam...ming-on-their-biggest-battle-scene-yet-292-02

For comparison, Battle of the Bastards was film in 4-5 weeks. So this battle in season 8 is ****ing huge.

How do y'all think Cersei will die? My guess... stabbed in the back by Jamie. I guess it's possible that Dani could burn her like her father used to though. Or Tyrian could poison her in some way. Or maybe Euron will kill her after marrying her.

For a lady who spends so much time thinking about how to kill people, her death is gonna have to be good.

Slight aside, I hope the Mountain kills Qyburn.

Arya wearing Jaime's face. This is unlikely but I can't ignore the posibility.

Jaime kills Cersei. Either because she selfishly ****ed over Westeros and didn't fight the dead or because he finds out something from Bran. I'd love for Cersei to do something horrible and for her to think no one knows but Bran The Three Eyed Raven knows and he tells Jaime and Jaime kills her for it. There is something poetic about Bran being the catalyst for Jaime killing Cersei.

Tyrion kills her for ****ing over Westeros and Dany and Jon. Unless Tyrion changes his mind, he truly believes in Dany and he doesn't want to see Westeros swallowed by the dead. If Cersei's betrayal allows the dead to overtake Westeros and once again ruins everything Tyrion's worked for I think Tyrion might just make it his last mission in life to end Cersei once and for all.

As for Qyburn, either he walks off into the sunset to seek better opportunities or he is killed by the dead while trying to study them. He's gonna take one look at the NK and think. "I gotta get me one of those.":hehe:

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I forgot that Cersei is on Arya's list. That'd be cool.

I don't think Arya does kills Cersei. I think it's Jaime for sure.

However, with the spoilers we know about...
Jon being in KL .... Maybe it is Arya wearing Jaime's face and rescuing Jon...I find it very unlikely though... IMO it HAS to actually be Jaime or D&D can go **** themselves.

As for Qyburn, either he walks off into the sunset to seek better opportunities or he is killed by the dead while trying to study them. He's gonna take one look at the NK and think. "I gotta get me one of those.":hehe:

Qyburn trying to mess with the white walkers/wights sounds like the most fitting way for him to go out.

varys kills qyburn

he took his goddamn birds

Arya killing Cersei would be a let down...it's got to be Jaime. Arya can go play for Penn State, where she belongs.

When Jamie was her King's Guard, I felt pretty confident that he'd end up stabbing her in the back like he did the Mad King. But now.... hmm... hard to say.

I would be okay with Tyrian killing Cersei, but I think that he struck a deal with her in the Season 7 finale to betray Jon Snow.

Arya killing Cersei would be a let down...it's got to be Jaime. Arya can go play for Penn State, where she belongs.

Would you like me to dust the leaves on your Ficus tree, Preston?

When Jamie was her King's Guard, I felt pretty confident that he'd end up stabbing her in the back like he did the Mad King. But now.... hmm... hard to say.

I would be okay with Tyrian killing Cersei, but I think that he struck a deal with her in the Season 7 finale to betray Jon Snow.

That would get him roasted by Drogon. Plus I think Tyrion likes Dany alot more than Cersei considering Cersei tried to get him executed and has tortured him repeatedly since he was born. Not to mention Cersei's prospects are dire. She has nothing to offer Tyrion and he has nothing to gain by betraying Jon and by extension Dany. Last but not least, Tyrion will be at Winterfell during Winter. Betraying Jon Snow, the King of the North, at Winterfell would be suicidal. He wouldn't be able to get out of the North alive. He probabl;y wouldnt even make it out of Winterfell alive.

Last edited:

I would be okay with Tyrian killing Cersei, but I think that he struck a deal with her in the Season 7 finale to betray Jon Snow.[/QUOTE]

I think so too and especially how he seemed a little jealous of the boat sex
and if that does happen IT WOULD SUCK BIG TIME

and I also think Jaime will wind up killing Cercei making him the Queen slayer as well :sly:

Now he just needs to find a Jack.

I think so too and especially how he seemed a little jealous of the boat sex
and if that does happen IT WOULD SUCK BIG TIME

and I also think Jaime will wind up killing Cercei making him the Queen slayer as well :sly:

Yeah, after rewatching the episode a million times, I think that Tyrian really does care about the Lannister legacy, and he really does feel badly about Cersei's children. I don't think he'll ever betray Dani, but I imagine he might be willing to betray Jon for the sake of Cersei's unborn child.
That's why he was looking sad on the boat. He knew that Jon was a marked man, and he doesn't want Dani to get too attached.

For always boasting about how clever he is, Cersei really played Tyrion in the last episode.

That would get him roasted by Drogon. Plus I think Tyrion likes Dany alot more than Cersei considering Cersei tried to get him executed and has tortured him repeatedly since he was born. Not to mention Cersei's prospects are dire. She has nothing to offer Tyrion and he has nothing to gain by betraying Jon and by extension Dany. Last but not least, Tyrion will be at Winterfell during Winter. Betraying Jon Snow, the King of the North, at Winterfell would be suicidal. He wouldn't be able to get out of the North alive. He probabl;y wouldnt even make it out of Winterfell alive.

Yeah, it seems like a big twist for sure, but what's your explanation for Tyrion's behavior on the boat otherwise? What if Tyrion really was sorry about Cersei's children, and when he found out about the baby.. he knew that he had to protect the Lannister dynasty like his father always wanted? I could kinda see that.
I agree that he'll never betray Dani.. but Jon maybe. One thing is for sure, there is something going on with Tyrion and Cersei. Their agreement is more than meets the eye, because the directors didn't want us to see that conversation and they hinted at something more happening on the boat. That shot was not placed there randomly. It has a purpose behind it.

Yeah, it seems like a big twist for sure, but what's your explanation for Tyrion's behavior on the boat otherwise? What if Tyrion really was sorry about Cersei's children, and when he found out about the baby.. he knew that he had to protect the Lannister dynasty like his father always wanted? I could kinda see that.
I agree that he'll never betray Dani.. but Jon maybe. One thing is for sure, there is something going on with Tyrion and Cersei. Their agreement is more than meets the eye, because the directors didn't want us to see that conversation and they hinted at something more happening on the boat. That shot was not placed there randomly. It has a purpose behind it.

agree that the shot means something for the next season and since they are off the books anything could be possible but it would suck as a fan to see Tyrion who always tries to do the right thing and always went at odds with his family to actually "help" Cercei in anyway but blood is thicker than water and he did always care for the children

But as he stated he a champion for "broken things" and bonded with Jon when they traveled to the wall together and again when they met again at dragonstone

but like Whisther said in Blade 2 "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE *****" lol

he may have fallen for Dany I mean who wouldn't

If I had to put $$$ on it I would bet that Tyrion promised Cercei that her unborn child will take over after Dany and seeing Dany sleep with Jon puts a wrench in that agreement

Last edited:
If I had to put $$$ on it I would bet that Tyrion promised Cercei that her unborn child will take over after Dany and seeing Dany sleep with Jon puts a wrench in that agreement

Hmm, very interesting idea.

I assume that we'll learn what Varys heard in the blue flame when he was cut. He seems to have an interesting connection with the Red Woman and with magic. It's no coincidence that all the red priestesses know about him - when he'll die; what the flame said to him; who spoke the words.

If he has to die, then I guess it should be by magic in some way, and his death will be what was professed in the flames. Maybe he'll be sacrificed to the Red God. I'm guessing the flames told him about his death or his murderer or something like that.

Or, crazy theory... it's him who does it. Like he needs to send himself a message, and he does it through the Red Woman.

I don't think Tyrion betrayed Dany. I think it's possible that he was only concerned about the boat sex distracting Dany and Jon and the problems it could cause with Jon's family and the bannermen in the north. I don't know that she will be well received.

I don't think Tyrion betrayed Dany. I think it's possible that he was only concerned about the boat sex distracting Dany and Jon and the problems it could cause with Jon's family and the bannermen in the north. I don't know that she will be well received.

She definitely won't.

I don't think Arya does kills Cersei. I think it's Jaime for sure.

However, with the spoilers we know about...
Jon being in KL .... Maybe it is Arya wearing Jaime's face and rescuing Jon...I find it very unlikely though... IMO it HAS to actually be Jaime or D&D can go **** themselves.

I want Arya to be the one to kill her, but I also want Jaime to be the one to do it too. The real Jaime. Maybe it could be a joint effort. Arya mixes a little lethal potion, and Jaime gives it to Cersei.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"