Arrow Season 8

Flash525

The Scarlet Messenger
Reaction score
Quite possibly a little early on the discussion, but I was thinking on this yesterday, what with all the shows having wrapped until the fall. At the end of Season 7, Ollie is taken by the Monitor to serve his celestial purpose. We also know that Season 8 of Arrow is only going to compose of 10 episodes, none of which (except maybe the final) are going to involve Felicity.

How're they going to do this? I can only summarise it'll be one of two ways; either focusing on the new kids, and set in the future, it'll either be present day team arrow without an archer, or it'll be 9 episodes of Ollie wherever he currently is, preparing and training for what he's about to undertake.

I get the feeling that the very last episode will have Ollie given the chance to meet (and say goodbye too) his son and daughter too. There's no way they're going to pass that opportunity up, but I just can't quite work out how it's all going to slot together here.

Ollie and Felicity are gone, there's seemingly nothing left [in the present] to focus on, so surely they're going to continue on with the future group, which seems completely redundant because nobody is going to care about anything they're doing in a mere 9 episodes.

If the focus is one the future team arrow I’m sure almost everyone will note tune in. The future stuff is the most uninteresting tv I’ve seen. As a stand-alone the future stuff would have gotten canceled after one season.

What im currently thinking we will get is episodes split between the Arrow/The Monitor and Team Arrow trying to takedown the ninth circle.

Im just guessing that because feels like we still have plenty of gap filling to go in between where we are now and the future timeline with William and Mia. Unless I maybe missed explanations for some of them.

1. Rene - I don't need to see him as mayor of the glades but even a sort of hinting at a desire for a future political career or a growing distaste for the vigilante life style is a must I feel.
  2. Dinah - Laying the groundwork and her creating the Canaries. Her fallout and eventual leaving the SCPD
  3. Roy - His attempting to cope with what he did to those two guards and how he ended up back on Lian Yu.
  4. Diggle - How he ended up adopting Conor from Bronze Tiger and him and Lila having their second child.
  5. Laurel - What happened when she went back to Earth-2 and just seeing her fully accepting her role as a hero.
That's what I would go for anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"