1.  2022 SuperHeroHype Awards

The 2022 Hype Award Season, hosted by Lily Adler and ComicChick is officially live!

The ballot is here! Voting will end Feb. 4th!

The SuperHeroHype Awards

Season 8x18: The Man in the Yellow Tie

Discussion in 'The Flash' started by Web-Head, Jun 11, 2022.

1. Web-Head Running

Promo:

2. Web-Head Running

Oowie that episode lived up to the hype! The initial confrontation between Thawne and Barry was solid and seeing Letscher back as Eobard was great - even if he is different this time. The scene between Barry and the "main" Thawne was good too.

I can take it or leave it with the whole Cecile powering up, being a new "hero" thing. It's pretty lame but it is what it is with this show at this point.

One of the better episodes this show has offered in a while

Dark Raven and Slick like this.
  3. Slick Former apprentice of Kung Fu Joe

This episode was soooo dope. I mean so much stuff happened and it was great having both Thawnes in this episode with connected but separate arcs.

Seeing Diggle and the apparent ending to the cube/ green orb arc was unexpected but welcome and it was nice seeing Ray again as well. Cecile getting a power upgrade I was more just like whatever but it fits with the theme of Team Flash leveling up so ok I guess lol.

This arc is shaping up to be something great and I can’t wait for the finale two episodes. I’ve said it before and I’ll probably say it again once the finale airs but this is the most consistent season of The Flash in a long time so hopefully they can bring the season to a satisfying end.

4. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

They spent 3 years w/ this Diggle thing only for it not to happen....lol so Arrowverse

5. Slick Former apprentice of Kung Fu Joe

That’s pretty true lol.

6. Gaultheria Registered

The way Thawne and Diggle described it this episode, it sounded more like Volthoom's evil power ring than a Green Lantern ring. The Guardians might have a better offer to make to someone who can resist Volthoom's power, especially if someone out there accepts the evil ring and goes on a rampage.

Since Cecile can manipulate the emotional spectrum now, I think that the Arrowverse hasn't abandoned its Corps connection.

7. NotNickFury Registered

I love how at the end, we get this deep, mysterious sounding voice and I'm thinking maybe it's the Monitor or a vision of another character, or maybe even someone from the Corps...and it just ends up being Deon of all people.

I did appreciate seeing Ray and him talking about what the Legends had been doing. I don't know if we'll ever get any proper closure or send-off for them, but until that day comes, I imagine this is as close as we'll get.