Season 9 Episode 11 "Bounty" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead' started by Man in the Suit, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Man in the Suit

Man in the Suit Greeting

[​IMG]

Directed by Meera Menon
    Written by Matthew Negrete

2. Docker2.0

Docker2.0 Watchin' you!

Is it just me or does the series now just seem off? I'm watching it and into it but.......IDK. Something is just not right.

Erik20 likes this.
  3. squeekness

squeekness The mighty squeek!

Been that way for me for a while. I've watched from the start somits hard to just quit...
    .but it's not the first thing I watch on Sunday any more. :(

Docker2.0 likes this.
  4. Man in the Suit

Man in the Suit Greeting

The cornfield scene was great. I don't know why they're giving Henry so much screentime when other characters exist.

Erik20 likes this.
  5. ironman_rick

ironman_rick Registered

Gosh guess henry has taken over from Gabriel as the most irritating character in TWD. Hope Daryl puts an arrow through his head once he finds him.

Talking about Gabriel ...what has happened to him ? He let nagen escape and then we don't see him anymore ?

6. Docker2.0

Docker2.0 Watchin' you!

I know. This use to be like the Superbowl every Sunday at my place now I can DVR it and watch it the next day. A few years ago and that would never happen. It's not really bad per say, it's just really weird and something is just missing and off.

7. Hotwire

Hotwire Dealin' W/ Demons

Alpha is good! Henry is taking Carl's place so, it fits. I've read the comics up through the fair so, I know where this is heading. :rolleyes:

8. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Registered

What's off is there's no Rick. If he were still there, he'd be dealing with Alpha, not Darryl. Also, it could be the writing feels optimistic, something the show has never really been about, so if just feels like a different show. Personally, I welcome this new found optimism, however short lived it will be, and think things are more interesting now than the last three seasons combined. I thought I'd quit after Rick "died", but I like that the show has mostly had a lot of forward momentum since his leaving, and I'm digging the "getting back to basics" vibe of the show's world. Plus, Angela Kang is a much better show runner than Gimple was.

Erik20 likes this.
  9. Erik20

Erik20 Registered

Yeah, It's like that for me to. I still like the show but it's not the same, and not just because there's no Rick... maybe it seems different because they're not showing Alexandria, so we're not seeing a lot of the "big" characters.

I also feel like the new group and Henry are getting way too much screentime, they basically took over. I thought with Andrew Lincoln quiting they would stop leaving people out for entire episodes, but it appears to be worse now...

Docker2.0 likes this.
  10. Man in the Suit

Man in the Suit Greeting

Alpha asking who the leader is and it not being Rick felt wrong. This was when I realized how much I miss Rick and Andrew Lincoln. The show feels empty without him. Putting all the other characters such as Negan, Rosita, Michonne, Eugene, Gabriel, Aaron (and even Carol in the past two weeks) in the background so a terrible actor and character like Henry can get tons of screentime is unforgivable. It feels worse than when Gimple did "bottle episodes" because it feels like nobody has a story now.

AVEITWITHJAMON, Erik20 and Docker2.0 like this.
  11. tzarinna

tzarinna Mamochka

I still haven't seen the episode before this, and I don't feel like I've missed a thing.