The Walking Dead Season 9 Episode 12 "Guardians" Discussion Thread

Man in the Suit

We're the Ones Who Live
Reaction score
QORvCd7.jpg

Directed by Michael E. Satrazemis
Written by LaToya Morgan

Ryan Hurst absolutely killed it as Beta tonight. Great to see more of the Whisperers in their literal natural habitat.

Also, Michonne should realize that people can change, even Negan. After all, she started off as a stranger to Rick and company. Now look at her. Admittedly, yes, she didn't kill any of Rick's people in the process, but the fact that Negan came back willingly and has that rapport with Judith shows that he's willing to change, even if Michonne thinks otherwise.

I love Ryan Hurst. He's different every time I see him. Great actor. I know he's a big dude but he looks even taller on here. He looks creepy as bad place. Pretty good episode, dark and gruesome.

#FreeNegan :o

Last edited:
wait..............did gabriel, sadiq and rosita just have a closed door "3-way"..... ?

Why is henry getting so much screen time over others ? If they really wanna force-feed us henry, then why kill off carl. At least most of us will be more invested in later over the former.

At this point, Henry is taking over comic Carl's storyline, so it'd be expected at this point that he would get so much screen time.

wait..............did gabriel, sadiq and rosita just have a closed door "3-way"..... ?

Why is henry getting so much screen time over others ? If they really wanna force-feed us henry, then why kill off carl. At least most of us will be more invested in later over the former.

At this point, Henry is taking over comic Carl's storyline, so it'd be expected at this point that he would get so much screen time.

It was such a dumb decision to kill off Carl... I didn't even think about Henry "replacing" him, so I guess all that screentime Henry is getting finally makes sense to me now. So I guess we have a lot more of him to look forward to :whatever:

Maybe the writers thought they could create another "Daryl," but so far he's just annoying me in almost every scene he's in...

Anyway, it was good seeing the "main" cast again. Hopefully it will stay like that for the rest of the season (plus the Hilltop characters)

It was such a dumb decision to kill off Carl... I didn't even think about Henry "replacing" him, so I guess all that screentime Henry is getting finally makes sense to me now. So I guess we have a lot more of him to look forward to :whatever:

Maybe the writers thought they could create another "Daryl," but so far he's just annoying me in almost every scene he's in...

Yup, agreed. Killing off Carl, ........ then realise that there is a void to fill, ......... and come up with a hopeless character like henry to ...FILL THAT VOID.

The actor playing Henry is sub-par at best. It does not help him that he is being written like brainless teen who makes wrong decisions all the time. Remember he almost got carol killed earlier.

You know what....if ratings continue to drop, (and they are...each episode is getting lower ratings), I wouldn't put it past them to make Alden the next rick.

Yup, agreed. Killing off Carl, ........ then realise that there is a void to fill, ......... and come up with a hopeless character like henry to ...FILL THAT VOID.

The actor playing Henry is sub-par at best. It does not help him that he is being written like brainless teen who makes wrong decisions all the time. Remember he almost got carol killed earlier.

You know what....if ratings continue to drop, (and they are...each episode is getting lower ratings), I wouldn't put it past them to make Alden the next rick.

Yeah I don't know what age Henry is supposed to be, but I feel like he's too old to be behaving the way he is now. Also he should know better, he's seen some ****.

I hated that scene when Henry was tied to a tree, and then smiled when he noticed Lydia was wearing that necklace... I'm thinking, dude you're probably about to die... but hey the girl seems to like you back, so worth it!.. I guess?

I really hope you're wrong about Alden becoming the next Rick, or we'll have another "major" character I don't care about.

I still enjoy watching the show, (though not as much as I used to) but they're making it hard for me to defend it

I really hope you're wrong about Alden becoming the next Rick, or we'll have another "major" character I don't care about.
Sooner or later they are gonna realize that the rick void cannot be filled by daryl......and they might do something stupid like that.

The reason why i am so hard on this show is that....it used to be my fav TV show of this decade. But the way the showrunner and writers brought the quality down in the last few seasons is simply disappointing.

At this moment, i just hope they end it soon. I saw reports of a hallmark TV show coming close to beating TWD in ratings. Holy cow.....

If anything, Aaron is taking over Rick's spot and even comic book Rick's spot to boot. He's got a prosthetic arm replacement just like Rick does, has a huge role in Alexandria, is tight with Michonne, and plays a role in helping unite the communities.

Also, ironman, what Hallmark show? And what reports?

If anything, Aaron is taking over Rick's spot and even comic book Rick's spot to boot. He's got a prosthetic arm replacement just like Rick does, has a huge role in Alexandria, is tight with Michonne, and plays a role in helping unite the communities.

Also, ironman, what Hallmark show? And what reports?
Oh yeah, you are right..... looks like aaron is the new Rick.

BTW, this is the link on that hallmark TV show.

When Calls The Heart Season 6 Premiere Sees Record Ratings, Just Behind The Walking Dead

Wouldn't be surprised if the TV show does end up beating TWD if the lame writing continues.

Sooner or later they are gonna realize that the rick void cannot be filled by daryl......and they might do something stupid like that.

The reason why i am so hard on this show is that....it used to be my fav TV show of this decade. But the way the showrunner and writers brought the quality down in the last few seasons is simply disappointing.

At this moment, i just hope they end it soon. I saw reports of a hallmark TV show coming close to beating TWD in ratings. Holy cow.....
This is me. Cancel it before it fully jumps the shark. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"