Season 9 Episode 14 "Scars" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead' started by Man in the Suit, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Man in the Suit

Man in the Suit Greeting

[​IMG]

Directed by Millicent Shelton
    Written by Corey Reed & Vivian Tse

2. NotNickFury

NotNickFury Registered

Well, Rutina Wesley was a surprise appearance. Nice to see her here.

As for the episode...it was alright. So Michonne's trauma and emotions all this time were because she had to kill her old friend and some kids? Come on, she's probably killed for less at this point. That kind of takes away of what could've been a more compelling explanation for how she and Daryl got those X marks on their backs.

Good acting, to be sure, in particular with the scene between Michonne and Negan, but I kind of wish we hadn't gotten the explanation for the marks. Just leave that as one big mystery. Now that we got it, at least for me, I found it underwhelming.

tzarinna likes this.
  3. squeekness

squeekness The mighty squeek!

It was nice to see Rutina again. Haven't seen her since True Blood. :)

4. Man in the Suit

Man in the Suit Greeting

This episode was... okay! It was pretty good compared to other episodes this season But I'm baffled as to why critics were hyping up how shocking and emotional it was. It was already unbelievable that Morales would be part of the Saviors, and now Michonne reconnects with a pre-apocalypse friend? C'mon... I feel like this episode tried to be this season's The Grove, but we don't know Joss and her kids like we knew Carol/Tyrese/Lizzie/Mika so there's very little emotional impact.

The conversations between Michonne, Daryl, Judith, and Negan were the best parts.

And this shot was pretty cool:
    [​IMG]

#4 Man in the Suit, Mar 18, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    tzarinna likes this.
  5. ironman_rick

ironman_rick Registered

Not a bad episode....But yeah, michonne's backstory in the last 6 years could have been done better. Also why would the men at alexandria let a pregnant to go after their kidnapped children in the 1st place ?

It really looks like they are gonna end the season with the whisperers kidnapping judith and michonne letting negan loose to go after them.

6. Hotwire

Hotwire Dealin' W/ Demons

Yeah, like they could stop her.

7. squeekness

squeekness The mighty squeek!

Could be interesting.....

8. NotNickFury

NotNickFury Registered

If the comics are anything to go by at this point in the Whisperers story arc, we should be getting ready for a huge body count between the next two episodes.

9. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Registered

It was pretty disappointing, especially since how some were hyping it up as being one of the best episodes of the series (it's not even the best of this season). The problem is, we've seen these characters in far more harrowing and grim situations. And the sudden, villainous turn of a character the audience doesn't know fell flat to me.

Also, so is this the reason behind the falling out with Michonne and Maggie? Why would she not trust the Kingdom or Hilltop, people she knows she can trust?

10. tzarinna

tzarinna Mamochka

Good, glad I'm not alone. I felt this was a bit too forced. Danai was great, but it just doesn't make up for all the other BS that's going on. *sighs*

Danai and Norman can't carry this whole show on their own. Danai is killing it in other mediums, she's a playwright and doing a host of other things. If she leaves...

#10 tzarinna, Mar 18, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  11. ironman_rick

ironman_rick Registered

Now i get it.....now i know why they are shoving henry down our throat. Henry is gonna carry this series after Danai (and eventually norman) leaves.....

12. tzarinna

tzarinna Mamochka

LMAO, now that would certainly create a riot!