Iron Fist Season Two, Episode 4 "Target: Iron Fist"

Mike Murdock

Avenger
Reaction score
Episode Four

Use Spoiler Tags for any discussion beyond this episode

d1d1f21c92035b1735aa_3.jpg

Joy's interrogation of Mary takes a turn. Misty gives Danny an earful. Ward extends an olive branch. Davos makes a crucial discovery.

The beginning of this episode caught me by surprise. I wasn't sure until the end if I missed something. Part of the confusion is they were talking about whether they missed anything at the parlee, but I wasn't sure if he was talking about whether he missed something in the opening fight. That being said, what happened last episode is an interesting reveal. I think Danny's belief was an entirely reasonable one, but that's a problem when we have vigilantes instead of police taking actions.

I'm glad that Danny figured out that Davos caused the stroke. This was easily something they could have kept a mystery since there's no inherent reason to leave a mark, but having them fail to connect too many dots makes them seem stupid. Besides, by the end, there's no reason to keep them guessing. I wonder who else could have used that technique, Danny?

A huge draw this episode was Mary. Alice Eve did a great job of showing genuine scariness and intensity from Walker. The character is certainly less a metaphor than an attempt to portray disassociative personality disorder, but it's a good attempt at doing that while also showing a character who seems as much a threat as Davos.

The ending was great to set up what I'm sure will happen next. Is episode four too soon for this? I have to say, either way, a back tattoo is much smarter than a chest tattoo. Way easier to hide. I hate to have to leave it here for the night since I want to see what happens next, but I have to get some rest. Five Stars.

Once Joy learned about Mary, she probably should’ve ended that business deal.

When Davos went to the docks, I started thinking of the microwave emitter from Batman Begins. Speaking of, dude should’ve known to mind his surroundings when he fought Danny to become the Iron Fist in the flashback from the last episode.

I was amused that Danny didn’t think of the possibility that Joy knows all about Davos and is on his side.

I was amused that Danny didn’t think of the possibility that Joy knows all about Davos and is on his side.
I know, right? I'm not even a particularly paranoid person, and that still would've been my first thought upon learning those two had been hanging out, lol.

I know, right? I'm not even a particularly paranoid person, and that still would've been my first thought upon learning those two had been hanging out, lol.
Exactly. But, then Danny is someone who could talk to Davos face to face and not even get an impression that maybe the dude would want to kill him. And I don't think Davos can even try to hide his hate for Danny.

After this episode im no longer holding a candle hoping for Joy to see the light eventually, hope she meets a bitter end this season. I initially felt really sorry for her but now it seems like its going to far.

And a big hand for Alice Eve

Maybe its just me but knowing just how beautiful and small Eve is I thought I would have difficulty buying her as a physical threat but man have I been wrong when before I would have got all googly eyed and got my words muddled up now I would crossing the road to avoid this crazy ****. That split personality does make her a real wildcard.

I was confused as well. I thought maybe the episode numbering was wrong, because the beginning didn't seem to follow on from what happened last time and how it ended. I think they could at least have said something like "24 hours earlier". I only figured out it was that when it finally came to that scene at the end in the train station. Until then, I thought maybe there was simply a scene I had missed, especially since I don't binge watch them all in one go but watch them like regular series.

How did Mary beat up Iron Fist? After all this training, he can't stand up to her? And does that mean that she can beat Davos too? Where did she get her fighting skills from? If you have watched beyond this, don't tell me, as I don't want spoilers. I only want your knowledge of what you know up to this point or from the comics.

Misty came as a surprise, especially since I usually fast forward through the opening credits and don't see who is going to be starring in the episode. The only Netflix show I probably don't do that for is Daredevil. The Iron Fist opening sequence isn't all that interesting.

An odd thing happened. I found myself wishing that Mary had killed Davos. Then I found myself wishing that Mary had killed Joy. Then I found myself wishing that Mary had killed Danny.

And these shows have enough character crossovers that they really should just merge Luke Cage and Iron Fist into one show...there's no need for these mostly unlikable characters with mostly dull storylines to have multiple shows. They'd be doing us a favor by killing off extra characters like the Meachums and making it one show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"