World "Secret Identity" graphic novel

Fantasyartist

Civilian
Reaction score
I've just finished reading "Secret identity", a refreshing take on the SUperman story with the future man of steel living in kansas as a schoolboy and being repeatedly razzed by everybody just because he is not only named afte the comic book character but resembles him to some extent( speaking as someone who was lucky not to be named Denzel or even George I can well empathise!)

If you've missed "Secret Identity " then you've missed a treat!

Terry

OMG, this is my favorite Supeman graphic novel. Too bad the real story ends so tragically. That Superman is Superboy-prime, only Crisis on Infinite Earth never happened.
I wish this would be made into a film. Guess I'll have to make it then.

It's really not the same Superboy Prime.

The Question said:
It's really not the same Superboy Prime.
I you read Busiek's commentary. He said he based it on Superboy-prime.
He was angry with DC for creating him, then discarding him after Crisis on Infinite Earths, only like a few months after his creation.
He said he was at first unsure if he should just come out and say that this is Superboy-Prime, which he didn't do.
I bet he was happy that DC brought him back in Infinite Crisis, not sure if liked the results though.

SpeedballLives said:
I you read Busiek's commentary. He said he based it on Superboy-prime.
He was angry with DC for creating him, then discarding him after Crisis on Infinite Earths, only like a few months after his creation.
He said he was at first unsure if he should just come out and say that this is Superboy-Prime, which he didn't do.
I bet he was happy that DC brought him back in Infinite Crisis, not sure if liked the results though.

Based on Superboy Prime. It still wasn't the same character from Infinite Crisis.

i still like the idea that this is a Superboy-Prime elseworlds. but what ever.

Well, it is a Superboy Prime elsworlds. It is the same character concept. But it's not the same exact guy as who apeared in Infinite Crisis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"