Secret Wars discussion

Ryan Coogler or Sam Raimi would be my top picks.

Raimi, but Coogler would be great too!

We need him to direct Maguire and Garfield if they show up!!!

The fact that every other version of Wanda has kids, apparently.
I'd dislike if very multiverse Wanda was the same. Wouldn't be creative especially when they want to do this other Iron Man that is likely different from 616 Tony.

Gotcha. That movie's gotten a lot of polarizing reactions so that was my first assumption lol

Question is, are they going to make this one three hours long like in Endgame or stick to the two and a half hour format? Because there's a lot of ground to cover with Secret Wars even if it's an adaptation.

Will the Beyonder feature in this at all? Is there time to even introduce him? It feels like Secret Wars should've been the two parter separate from the Kang Dynasty.

Gotcha. That movie's gotten a lot of polarizing reactions so that was my first assumption lol

Question is, are they going to make this one three hours long like in Endgame or stick to the two and a half hour format? Because there's a lot of ground to cover with Secret Wars even if it's an adaptation.

What did you think of MOM?

I liked it, though I feel the writing was easily the weakest part of the movie and what dragged some of it down.

Yeah, I don't imagine he parted with the MCU on the best of terms.

When it comes to casting, Marvel Studios bats 1000
but with directors? much more hit or miss

If Coogler can prove his action chops with Wakanda Forever (was disappointed by some of the CGI action in BP) then I would love for him to go for and get one of Secret Wars or X-Men.

After watching Everything Everywhere All At Once, which I highly recommend, I think the directors Daniel Kwan and Daniel Scheinert should direct Secret Wars.

Having only seen the trailer and a few clips so far, wholeheartedly agree. Just the visuals alone would be off the wall gorgeous.

I am kind of hoping Feige takes notice given the praise that movie's gotten as well as its use of the multiverse concept. But even then, would they be interested is the question.

Besides that movie, they’ve only done Swiss Army Man. So it might be too far a leap to do a $200M movie that requires a lot of special effects.

Russo brothers produced EEAO so maybe they can convince the Daniels to do it based on their own experiences at Marvel.

Last edited:
Will the Beyonder feature in this at all? Is there time to even introduce him? It feels like Secret Wars should've been the two parter separate from the Kang Dynasty.

Would he even be necessary? My understanding is that they're setting up a situation closer to the 2015 Secret Wars, which was caused by an incursion. We'll probably see an incursion happen at the end of Kang Dynasty, perhaps Kang will intentionally cause one after being defeated, or maybe the method the Avengers use to defeat him will cause an incursion. Then Secret Wars will be all about the heroes trying to undo the problem caused at the end of the previous movie (not too much unlike Endgame, I imagine).

Besides that movie, they’ve only done Swiss Army Man. So it might be too far a leap to do a $200M movie that requires a lot of special effects.

Russo brothers produced EEAO so maybe they can convince the Daniels to do it based on their own experiences at Marvel.
They should produce this too while letting them take the reins. :cool:

Its gonna be Watts directing.

That's why they took him off Fantastic Four. It was either FF or this and naturally he chose this. No Way Home is the undisputed champion of Phase IV. Watts basically helmed "Spider-Man: Endgame". Makes sense for him to tackle Spider-Man as he bonds with the Symbiote in Battleworld in the event film that's setting out to rival Endgame.

I'd be shocked if Watts doesn't direct Secret Wars.

What are the chances of og Avengers re appearing for secret wars?

What are the chances of og Avengers re appearing for secret wars?
I think pretty high. Good money for a one off quick return without having to carry the film and put in a lot of work. At least a cameo I’d expect. Feige and co saw all the hype for MoM and all the rumoured cameos but in Secret Wars there’s no reason to hold back and they can actually make all those happen.

Maybe we will finally get Tom Cruise as Iron Man also
Wouldn’t be surprised if they at least try and see if Cruise is interested in a cameo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"