Secrets Of The Amazon: The Wonder Woman SPOILER Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa there fangirl. Are you trying for a Margot v. Amy smack down cause you best know to stand down. :o

Um, no, not at all. Please read a conversation before you comment. I love ALL versions of Lois. It's not a competition at all. Someone claimed Amy's Lois wasn't the type to go ahead and do something after she was told not to. I wasn't comparing Amy to anyone except Diana in WW. Margot, Amy, and Gal's characters are all great. Advocating Amy's Lois be acknowledged is not a put down and should not be perceived as a put down. Putting Amy's Lois Lane on the same level as Margot's Lois and Gal's Diana in terms of just a rebellious spirit is not putting Amy's Lois above all other versions of these amazing characters.

Did anyone checked what Eugene Brave Rock's Chief said to Wonder Woman? I knew that he was speaking in his native language, so went to check online later --it's marvelous, he was speaking in Blackfoot tongue:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/06/04/representation-matters-chief-wonder-woman-awesome/#comment-anchor

The character of Chief is played by Native American actor Eugene Brave Rock, and he’s a great addition to the team. In a powerful scene where Diana asks him why he isn’t fighting on either side of the war, Chief replies that he doesn’t have anything left to fight for. When Diana asks about it, he says that Steve’s people (the white man) took it all from him. That is a great little detail; but according to a review of the movie on Indian Country Today by Vincent Schilling, there was another awesome little detail that I, as a white woman, did not notice – and that most people won’t notice:

“What I didn’t expect was to be overcome with emotion when Eugene Brave Rock’s character ‘Chief’ met Wonder Woman, who was spectacularly portrayed by Gal Gadot. Why? His first words to her were in Blackfoot. Even better, he introduced himself as Napi, the Blackfoot demi-god who is known as a trickster and a storyteller.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"