See How They Run: Rockwell & Ronan Murder Mystery

I am SO happy to see a revival of murder mysteries seemingly kicking off thanks to Knives Out. And I adore what a retro Christie-style title this one has. Can't wait.

I guess the director is a Wes Anderson fan.

Looks like it could be fun, but it also looks like a film that could fall flat and not live up to the trailer.

I am SO happy to see a revival of murder mysteries seemingly kicking off thanks to Knives Out. And I adore what a retro Christie-style title this one has. Can't wait.

Murder on the Orient Express preceeded Knives Out by 2 years and it made as much at the box office as Knives Out so I think we owe Kenneth Branagh and Orient Express for the revival.

It's a shame Death on the Nile came and went without much attention and half the box office. But maybe this film and the Glass Onion will keep this whodunit revival going.

Last edited:
The funny whodunit is my jam. Hope this delivers and sits well with Knives Out, American Vandal and The Afterparty. Sam Rockwell is a plus. Saoisre Ronan as a plucky copper is an immediate crush. I'm in.

Looks fun, and the Sam/Saoisre combo at least guarantees I won't hate it.

Finally got around to watching this. Quite charming, great cast. A good time.

This was a total sleeper and nice surprise for me. Great cast. Great pacing and direction.

I think the script's a bit flat at times, but the cast, most of the dialogue, and direction were on point to me. Felt very snappy, slick, and witty. Saoirse Ronan was great in this film. Felt like a refreshing performance for her.

Rockwell I think had a bit of trouble with the accent at times, but otherwise fine. But the rest of the cast all played their parts perfectly.

Caught this last week. It was good for what it was but it needed a little something extra for that special spark. Enjoyed it well enough though

This was kinda cute. And Ronan was especially endearing. But the mystery/puzzles weren’t as clever or intricate as (say) in Knives Out. I’m told, however, that there are many, many fun Easter eggs for the serious Agatha Christie fan — which, alas, went over my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"