The Dark Knight "See You In December" -- Official December Marketing Discussion

Yep yep. Batman is just that cool. You couldn't do this with Superman or anything.

Batman>All

What's happening in December ? Oh yeah, that's right, the birth of Mr J (Jesus that is).

He he!! That's pretty funny.

Cheers!!
alcoholic.gif
alcoholic.gif

And I'm somewhat getting a little impatient, but I ain't going to complain. In some way, it good to not get spoiled too much. I don't want to be a spoiler ****e, you know. :p

And I'm somewhat getting a little impatient, but I ain't going to complain. In some way, it good to not get spoiled too much. I don't want to be a spoiler ****e, you know. :p

Well, December 14th is the big day :yay:

Not for me it's not, unless the prologue ends up on youtube the same day :p i gotta wait till January 4th 2008 >.<

Wha? Awe :csad: I'm sure it'll end up on youtube the same day. Someone will be sneaky enough to bring a camera in with them.... :woot:

Wha? Awe :csad: I'm sure it'll end up on youtube the same day. Someone will be sneaky enough to bring a camera in with them.... :woot:
my only worry is will it be big enough to capture the entire screen though

Seats in the very back ;)
i dunno, every imax i've ever been to would be to big to get on camera i think. plus the angle would be wierd because the screens are curved

^ And that would ****ing suck! It's the least part of the world that has the chance to catch "I Am Legend" at Imax, and even fewer that will actually do it!

They better freaken give Us a sweet trailer WITH FOOTAGE, that will play in every damn theater world-wide! We derserve it!

I'm almost certain there will be a theatrical trailer with footage in December. And I'm sure the Joker prolouge will be on youtube and the torrents the evening of it's debut (the quality will be awful though).

Hypothetically speaking, I'll try not to :cwink:
make sure you pay in cash now, the wb ninjas probably just looked up all your personal info and are tracking you:ninja: hypothtically speaking of course

make sure you pay in cash now, the wb ninjas probably just looked up all your personal info and are tracking you:ninja: hypothtically speaking of course

Oh i'll use another credit card because there's no way i can get in by buying the tickets the same day. I'ma order them on movietickets.com using my mastercard.

I sure hope the WB ninjas don't read this. WINK. WINK.

I agree with those that think there's nothing to complain about. What, so they decided a while ago that they will give us something nice in December. Great! And then they might have decided that the fans might be a little anxious, so they decided to give them something to do to keep them occupied whilst also making them feel like they have a slight part in the world of what they are giving us.

There's nothing to complain about, friends. We are lucky to be having what we are; I live in the UK and haven't been able to really get involved as much as some of you guys have, but I've appreciated it nonetheless. I've thought that it's been really creative from the start.

Sure, we might not have had as much goodies as what we would have liked, but if you think about the way the viral sites have been handled, we've had a pretty good indication as to what The Joker's character is gonna be like in this film -- he isn't going to be cracking xmas cracker jokes, that's for sure . . . he finds AIDS funny for Christ's sake hahahahaha.

We haven't seen a scrap of real footage of anything really -- apart from that IMAX smidgin, and yet we still have a good idea of what this character is going to be like. Genius, I think :)

I agree with those that think there's nothing to complain about.

Couldn't agree more! First, I think most of the complainers haven't been participating anyway. The only people that I do side with in complaints are the ones that got their photos rejected compared to some of the crap that's on the site.

For some reason, there are fans here that think WB owes us something. They don't owe us jack! Their timing in terms of releasing set photos, footage etc is pretty much normal for a major blockbuster.

So, Spider-Man 3 released a teaser with movie footage almost a year out - that's an exception not a standard.

They're trying to bring Gotham to life for the fans and allow them to participate in it, they're going to release this Joker prolouge in I-MAX, all this is being done on top of traditional movie marketing. WB is going far above and beyond than any other film with a major fan following has done in the past.

Exactly...

When you think about it... we don't really know much about this movie at all:wow:

Yet think of the fun we have all had because if this Kick*** marketing. In hindsight - we are very lucky (compare this to the marketing spider-man 3 had... i know which i'd choose)!!!!!

Yeah, all that's really known about the movie...at least anything official is just that Batman gets a new suit and that Dent, Gordon along with Bats...trys to bring down some mobsters along with the clown prince of crime.I enjoy the viral marketing...but I am getting a little irritated.

That's cause Superman is a damn boy scout compared to Batman.

:up: He's the swot at the front of the class, while Batman sits at the back flicking elastic bands at the teacher, working out a way to get out of the lesson.

my only worry is will it be big enough to capture the entire screen though

Not to mention the sound too. A lot of cell phone or camera that some sneak can't use the volume good when it download on a computer. :o

I'll be bringing me' camera, its actually got a pretty good video/sound on it, though I'm sure IMAX>>>My camera.

I'm pretty sure there will be YouTube footage of the IMAX prologue when it comes out.

Why I am legend? I thought it would have been when Sweeney Todd comes out. Tim Burton's directing it and he did the first batman movie which is coming up on its 20th anniversary soon and its a WB movie. I thought that would have been cool to do it that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"