Selah and the Spades

tzarinna

Mamochka
Reaction score
I remember this promoted on twitter and wanting to watch it, but Corona took my sights on other things. I finally got around to watching this and was pretty impressed. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it.

Five factions run the underground life of Haldwell School, a prestigious east coast boarding school. At the head of the most powerful faction sits Selah Summers, walking the fine line between being feared and loved.

Selah and the Spades (2020)
In the closed world of an elite Pennsylvania boarding school, Haldwell, the student body is run by five factions. Seventeen-year-old Selah Summers (Lovie Simone) runs the most dom-inant group, the Spades, with unshakable poise, as they cater to the most classic of vices and supply students with coveted, illegal alcohol and pills. Tensions between the factions escalate, and when Selah's best friend/right hand Maxxie (Moonlight's Jharrel Jerome) becomes distracted by a new love, Selah takes on a protégée, enamored sophomore Palo-ma (Celeste O'Connor), to whom she imparts her wisdom on ruling the school. But with graduation looming and Paloma proving an impressively quick study, Selah's fears turn sin-ister as she grapples with losing the control by which she defines herself.

Five factions run the underground life of the prestigious Haldwell boarding school. At the head of the most powerful faction - THE SPADES - sits Selah Summers. Both charming and callous, Selah walks the fine line between being feared and loved, often cutting loose whomever she deems a threat to her power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"