Self isolation

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by Silvermoth, Mar 16, 2020.

?

Are you going to self isolate?

1. Yes and I’m cool with it

25 vote(s)
    56.8%
  2. Yes and I’m worried about it

5 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. No but I think I should

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  4. No and I’m ok with that

8 vote(s)
    18.2%
  5. Undecided or uncertain

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. MissMarvelous87 Registered

And? How are you feeling after cleaning??? :D maybe I'm enjoying cleaning a little bit too much but it's either that or... No, it's just that. I don't have a choice.

2. kvz5 HBIC

I would do the same. It’s better to be safe than sorry. :up:

3. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

I decided to rework brunch. I decided that Eggs Benedict with a twist was in order.

Instead of English muffins, I figured a bed of very crispy hash browns (olive oil, salt and pepper), with bacon on top, then an over medium egg topped with avocado would do the trick. It came out quite tasty.

upload_2020-5-16_13-11-7.png

EDIT: Note the Mother's Day sandals I overpaid for.......:wow:

I miss the earth so much I miss my wife
    It's lonely out in space

4. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

After cleaning I’m feeling like I won’t trip over anything.

5. ComicChick I Work Too Much

i still really want to avoid everyone as much as possible but... i really want (need?) to go to a chiropractor and get my neck realigned. it's been rally bothering me lately.

some people crack their knuckles. i crack my neck and it doesn't sound much different than knuckles sometimes :shrug:

6. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

I'm sure there's a safe way to do that. Necks are nothing to screw with. They can all kinds of problems (don't mean to panic you). Everything from arm/hand/digit problems to even pain in the rib area.

I'd talk to the doctor or, maybe, take hydroxychloroquine. A lot of really smart, informed people are taking it.

7. terry78 baby, that chicken was dry...real dry

8. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

How's your neck doing? Have you seen or arranged to see anyone about it?

As far as self isolation goes, my wife was supposed to come down today for a visit. I went to the store, got her a nice bottle of cab, and had a nice lunch planned. I got some heirloom tomatoes, burrata cheese, fresh basil and was going to make those little finger food thingys, with olive oil, balsamic vinegar. I also got hummus and some nut thins.

Anyway, she isn't feeling very good. She's not sick, doesn't have a fever, but she has allergies and her nose will sometimes get really red with little bumps on the side. This usually happens to her in the spring and summer. Soooooooooo, that was disappointing.

I don't normally get bummed out about not being around people and this doesn't depress me or anything. It's sorta like one of those things where you think something's going to happen and it doesn't. You just ride with it and get over it. I still got my lazy dogs!!! I've got to give Screwy Louis Versace Vuitton a haircut. He hates it.

9. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

I've decided today is International Drink Wine Day. I got up this morning, went shopping, did the laundry, mowed the lawn, and picked up doggy poo. Then I got bored watching TV and decided I needed to spice up my life; take a walk on the wild side so to speak.

I've got my ice bucket and the world is a much more interesting place to live in.

upload_2020-5-24_13-33-28.png

Lou Bear really does need a haircut......

MissMarvelous87 likes this.
  10. MissMarvelous87 Registered

Im watching "Downsizing", thought it was a Disney movie.

It's an interesting concept, tho'.

11. Winterbourne Registered

I been inside my rooms for 2 months solid with no ill mental effects. Walls bleeding every so often is normal yes?

InCali likes this.
  12. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

Yes, but I suggest a name change to Summerbourne. Walls melting is normal.

13. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

Before
    upload_2020-5-25_11-29-22.png

After
    upload_2020-5-25_11-30-16.png

I live an exciting life.

14. ComicChick I Work Too Much

it's doing better. i've been focusing more on posture and stretching it and trying to make sure i dont hunch over.
    they've "reopened" our area and i still am trying to interact with people as much as possible. i can't afford the risk of catching anything

15. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

I had a really fun Zoom party with a bunch of my friends from Santa Cruz (a couple have left the area). It was nice to banter and see people.

I was telling them about the time that I went out late at night with my dogs and saw a couple of coyotes in the street. I brought the dogs in, grabbed a big knife, and chased them down the street. One of my friends said "It's a good thing you aren't black". Funny in a sad sort of way. :csad:

16. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

With everything going on, I guess Self Isolation is becoming so passe, but I still have to do it. I don't generally get down, but the other day I realized that it was the 3rd anniversary of my friend and ex's death in a car accident. It's weird, it's possible not to see someone for years and it's okay because you know they are with us. When you realize they're gone, you miss them so much more. Kate was an extremely talented violinist who decided to become a mariachi. She was one of the smartest people I've ever met and, for a time, made a living helping write and edit papers for graduate students. I think she was also maybe the toughest person I've ever met and reminded me of Jessica Jones in so, so many ways. The tough exterior covered a heart of gold and once you got beyond that, she was as kind and caring as anyone you've ever met. Our relationship started when she walked up to me on the mall, grabbed me by the arm, said "I need a date", and dragged me (willingly) to some bar.

There are some people you meet and the relationship is just different; it sticks with you forever. I miss her and always will.

upload_2020-6-6_23-33-22.png

flickchick85 likes this.
  17. psylockolussus Spice Mutant

I finally got the hair cut yesterday and its weird, I have never been so excited/happy for getting a haircut before.

18. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

I got one too.....did it myself. Came out almost as good as the dogs.:yay:

19. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

20. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Sorry to hear about your friend, @InCali . Sounds like she was a special gal.

21. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

Iceman likes this.
  22. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

Thank you. She was. Our relationship was right out of "The Sun Also Rises", but set in a rather communal household down by the beach in Santa Cruz. A lot of fun, but, ultimately, rather sad. Never had a single argument (and if you knew us well, that would astound you), but just drifted apart waiting for the other to ask for a commitment.

Anyway....enough of my self pity. I put in new LED lights, fixed a door jam, reorganized my command center as well as my home theater, went shopping, cooked a bunch of really good stuff, and gave myself a haircut!

23. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Sorry to hear mate. It's good to have memories like this rather than never having met these special people in the first place. :up:

Btw what is a command centre? I google imaged it but still don't really know.

psylockolussus likes this.
  24. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

Yeah....the memories are rather eclectic, but dear to me. She was stunningly beautiful (which I'm sure led to her trust issues WRT men), but used, shall I say, colorful language. She was very aggressive if she felt threatened and messing with her without her permission was a mistake.

I can't even come close to telling you her response when someone tried to hit on her by telling her she looked like Nastassja Kinski.

She did an interview once where she was asked what it was like being a female mariachi in a very male dominated culture and her response was something like "Well sometimes you just have to hit someone".

As far as the command center, I was joking around about that. From an earlier post on this thread.

psylockolussus and Iceman like this.
  25. MissMarvelous87 Registered

@InCali ya having fun in memory lane, huh?

Well, I'm glad that you got to share part of your life with her. Yes, it's unfortunate what happened but we shouldn't stay focused on that part only.

Honor those good memories!

I will now try to distract you and tell you that I felt very fancy tonight (or lazy AF) and made a mean carbonara.