Self isolation

To play devil’s advocate, I think theres a lot of people who acknowledge the pandemic but have the mindset of, “as long as i go out with my mask, I’m being responsible and safe.” But the thing is, wearing a mask isnt some magic bullet—unless I missed something from the CDC confirming it is. When I do go out to run errands and stuff, I’m scared to even touch anything with my bare hands. I always wear gloves while most of the people around me seem perfectly comfortable rubbing their naked hands on everything around them. But they’ve got their mask so theyre safe right? Lol

Exactly. I ain't going anywhere without gloves, too. And I use a UV sanitizer on my phone and keys whenever I get home, lol.

Now I'll admit, when theaters open around here, I'm going. But that's largely because I know it will be empty and I won't be getting concessions or using the restrooms, and again, I'd be wearing both the mask and the gloves at all times and keeping a great distance from any other people. I'd basically just be going, showing my ticket on my phone (the one "close" interaction I'd have with a person), and then sitting in a room that's not my apartment for 2 hours, and leaving. So I'd honestly feel safer doing that than I felt shopping at Target yesterday. But I wouldn't feel so safe at a restaurant when I'd be using silverware and dishes I didn't see get cleaned. So to me, you've just gotta gauge the risk levels your comfortable with...while keeping in mind it's not just a risk to YOU that you should be considering, but also what risk you're posing to others.

Agreed @flickchick85 and believe me, I’m not trying to knock people for trying to gain some semblance of their lives back. I get it, I’m aching to go out socializing again and being able to grab a beer and cheesburger with my friends and stuff but this virus is still very much alive and I cant fathom how people are comfortable— like you said— going to a restaurant and using utensils that you dont know is clean.

So to me, you've just gotta gauge the risk levels your comfortable with...while keeping in mind it's not just a risk to YOU that you should be considering, but also what risk you're posing to others.

That’s the issue is seems. So many don’t care about the risks they’re posing to other people.

I did another 11 hour shift at work today. I know, 10 hours yesterday. And I got a call from HQ from the team lead from the team I was on last year when I was traveling and training people. They want to send me out within the next month possibly and he was told by our Zone Manager to send me out.

considering that I’ve talked to the guy at HQ before and he knows why I’ve declined to travel. Virus. Severe short staffing at work. Older family I’m helping etc so he was surprised about the change.(there wasn’t a change). I haven’t seen or talked to our ZM in weeks and I don’t really like how he volunteered me to be shipped off somewhere without consulting with me first. I was as shocked to hear about this on the phone as the team lead.
If the schedule stays as-is, they’re ready to deploy the southern zone aka the Texas-Corona Hotbed. And I want no part of that.

Last edited:
Yikes, they are doing you dirty, CC. That sucks. I don't blame you for wanting no part of that. Hope you're able to stay safe. :(

my boss comes back to work tomorrow so i am going to talk to her about it.
yesterday was my bday. i am officially old, and i only worked 9 hours lol
Happy birthday for yesterday! 9 hours is a half day for you too. :cwink:

right? i did 98 hours this pay period

thursday night i feel asleep at 6pm and last night i'm certain i was asleep by 730

people at my work are fickle like high school, so i can't tell any of my work friends this because of drama, but i wanted to share:

my store director came up to me and told me that he gave me a cash award on my next paycheck for all ive done for the store during this pandemic. we are second in the zone in sales and he said that he knows that i've played a huge role in that.
i'm just really proud of this and how hard i've worked.

Well, no 'total lockdown' announced by the UK government but heh, shutting the doors of the pubs at 10 pm, an hour earlier, really should prevent the virus.

Last edited:
Well, no 'total lockdown' announced by the UK government but heh,shutting the doors of the pubs at 10 pm, an hour earlier, really should prevent the virus.
Yeah, we've been trying to figure out what the point of that move was. To cram everyone in a bit more beforehand? Boris still a clown.

Should there need to be a 'second' full lock-down, very much torn here, between being close to my immediate family and thus not being able to physically see my GF who lives some 55 miles away or vice versa and being with her and not seeing my immediate family, if get lock down with her. I appreciate many families are having to tackle this one.

Should there need to be a 'second' full lock-down, very much torn here, between being close to my immediate family and thus not being able to physically see my GF who lives some 55 miles away or vice versa and being with her and not seeing my immediate family, if get lock down with her. I appreciate many families are having to tackle this one.

I live in 2 households and if both isolate, I don't see why you can't visit. My wife will occasionally take a walk with a friend, but both wear masks and keep their distance. We went to a restaurant for the first time in over 6 month on Monday (our anniversary), but not before we were sure the restaurant followed all state guidelines, we sat outside on the patio and were not within 12 feet of anyone else. Employees wore masks and gloves (changed gloves) and all eating surfaces/utensils/dishes were sanitized, employees tested and temperatures taken, etc.

I would be careful and still see those who are doing the same.

I live in 2 households and if both isolate, I don't see why you can't visit. My wife will occasionally take a walk with a friend, but both wear masks and keep their distance. We went to a restaurant for the first time in over 6 month on Monday (our anniversary), but not before we were sure the restaurant followed all state guidelines, we sat outside on the patio and were not within 12 feet of anyone else. Employees wore masks and gloves (changed gloves) and all eating surfaces/utensils/dishes were sanitized, employees tested and temperatures taken, etc.

I would be careful and still see those who are doing the same.

Aye, just working on the bubbles that were created, between only 2 households allowed. Between my own and my GF's.

I am sick. Regular sinus/head cold sick. And it kicked my butt. I work in a freezer most of the time and the temperature changes outside along with all the temps I work with inside kick my butt around this time every year.
I went to sleep around 1:30pm yesterday for a nap...: I woke up at 630 pm. I was able to stay up until about 9:45pm and I woke up this morning at 7:30 am. I was able to stay up about 2.5 hours before I fell asleep again and finally got up about 3 pm. I lost almost a whole day.

i have taken so much vitamin C, Emergen-C and halls today. I have to get better because I fly to New Mexico in 8 days.

I am sick. Regular sinus/head cold sick. And it kicked my butt. I work in a freezer most of the time and the temperature changes outside along with all the temps I work with inside kick my butt around this time every year.
I went to sleep around 1:30pm yesterday for a nap...: I woke up at 630 pm. I was able to stay up until about 9:45pm and I woke up this morning at 7:30 am. I was able to stay up about 2.5 hours before I fell asleep again and finally got up about 3 pm. I lost almost a whole day.

i have taken so much vitamin C, Emergen-C and halls today. I have to get better because I fly to New Mexico in 8 days.

Aren't you nervous about flying? Take care. You should get tested.

Aren't you nervous about flying? Take care. You should get tested.

i am pretty nervous about it. i made sure i selected seats as far away from others as possible. and on one of my flights, the entire middle row of seats is blocked so people can't sit next to each other, which i appreciate.

i am pretty nervous about it. i made sure i selected seats as far away from others as possible. and on one of my flights, the entire middle row of seats is blocked so people can't sit next to each other, which i appreciate.
OK. Well, good luck. I hope every works out okay. I think it kind of sucks they would even ask you to fly.

OK. Well, good luck. I hope every works out okay. I think it kind of sucks they would even ask you to fly.
I’ve been fighting it as long as I can. But the money would also really help right now. I’ll get a per diem that’s mine to keep if I don’t spend and a guaranteed minimum amount of hours.
they’re cutting hours at my store right now for who knows how long (end of fiscal year and all) so the 40 hours minimum is going to help a ton.

I’ve been fighting it as long as I can. But the money would also really help right now. I’ll get a per diem that’s mine to keep if I don’t spend and a guaranteed minimum amount of hours.
they’re cutting hours at my store right now for who knows how long (end of fiscal year and all) so the 40 hours minimum is going to help a ton.
It sucks we have to put ourselves at risk for reasons like this. Take care.

That's "Goldmund" to you. :cwink:

That is a tonne of sleeping in a short time. Hope you get better asap CC, sending good luck wishes your way. :up:

Yikes... Take care of yourself. :yay:

So I am watching Piranha 3D (and afterwards, the sequel) and seeing that crowd of people in the lake crammed into a small area despite it being a very big lake with plenty of room got me thinking about how absolutely stupid these people are and how I would never be caught in a situation like that.

I'm not antisocial or anything but I don't care for crowds of strangers especially and I really do not see how people can enjoy being crammed like sardines in an area with no personal space. It feels very relevant to now, where people seem to actively ignore distancing requirements.

Instead of killer fish it's a virus spreading through the crowd of people, and these are not people who are ignorant of the threat.

my work trip got postponed fortunately but i'm still under the weather. i've been sleeping a ton

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"