Self isolation

I'm still going to work. However, they'll probably start cutting down on our hours soon since I work at an airport and something like 90 % of the flights have been cancelled. Not sure what I'm going to do to pass time once that happens. Take a lot of long walks, perhaps. There's plenty of nature in my area, so I'll be able to spend time outdoors while socially distancing.
At least the good weather for going outside is coming. :)

Living in the country, the isolation wouldn't be so bad if it was, you know, actually acting like spring outside. But of course it's Indiana, so I'm stuck indoors for the most part. At least I can hopefully get some scripts finished.

I haven't leave my condominium room for more than 24 hours and I feel I'm doing my part to the society. I miss having take outs though and drinking milk teas straight from a tea shop.

Still weird and unbelievable to me how the world is in this situation.

I miss going to my favorite restaurants and having options of many things to do but I agree with my city's decision to go on lockdown with only certain businesses open. It's for the best, safe and it's not so bad most of the time

Same, you know what the weirdest thing I’m craving is? McDonald’s. Just the normalcy of it. The same thing every time. Heaven. I’ll know all this is over when I get to enjoy maccas in the same way again

I've been sanitizing myself before and after I go somewhere. I've been wondering whether I should start wearing gloves and a mask.

It won’t hurt! I would if I can find any.

I hate though how much stigma there is in America (and I guess Europe?) for wearing masks. It’s like they assume you’re already sick and you get dirty looks everywhere. We should be past the point of that.

I feel like I'll get to a point where I don't know what day it is.

piml0x8.gif

I've been sanitizing myself before and after I go somewhere. I've been wondering whether I should start wearing gloves and a mask.

I've turned into a superhero. My new name and powers are Lizard Leather Hands.

My wife and daughter are immunosuppressed and my mother is elderly and has COPD so I do all the shopping.

My powers seem to be increasing daily.

I just wish everybody would start wearing a mask, whether its surgical or not. It irks when people still go out without a mask especially there was an volcano ash fall earlier this year from where I live. They had weeks and months to get some kind of mask and I saw a couple of people in a drugstore still without a mask like as if they are immuned if someone accidentally coughs on them. They were lucky the guard let them in because there are some stores here that don't allow people with a mask on. I just don't feel safe with other people not wearing a mask even if they are social distancing or not coughing.

Now, buying food/getting medicine are the only reasons I go out which feels so weird when I think about my lifestyle/daily routine last month as I am a night person and I always go outside of my house at least three times and all my foods were take outs or cooked by a stranger. Thats not the case anymore.

I can't wait til things go back to normal but I think it will be a very long time from now when that happens, and this virus really made me wary about people.

Last edited:
I have a lot of older friends, 60+. One of which is teleworking from home while taking care of her ailing husband who is already housebound. She's always been very active and I could sense she was having a rough time. So, I suggested we facetime with her and my son. I hope to make it a regular thing and that it helps her. I also have plans to Zoom with a group Saturday night to get up to some shenanigans, as only old people can. :D

I have friends that are happy to "almost be done self isolating" and I don't think they realize that's not how this works.

I'm wondering when I'll ever see sanitizer on the shelf again. :(

I'm wondering when I'll ever see sanitizer on the shelf again. :(
We've seen it here, and the occasional bargain hunter mom who drags her kids to the grocery store to destroy it only to buy up 5 bottles when she clearly only needs 2. And I mean the giant size ones.

I just miss going out and not being paranoid of how I might get infected.

yeah it’ll be nice to be able to hear someone coughing without jumping. My partner is Asian and I’m a bit nervous someone might do something horrible if for whatever reason he coughs in public

Good to be able to get some sunshine, even just from a garden. That can help with staying positive.

I did find toilet paper yesterday. And the good kind, not the cheap stuff. Very fortunate because we were running low. They had a half-hearted recommendation to only take one case but it was not explicitly stated as a strict limit. Not being an *******, I only took one though I hope they would stop you at the check out from buying more than one.

Finding hand sanitizer is still a hassle though.

Good to be able to get some sunshine, even just from a garden. That can help with staying positive.

I've been getting some sunshine through listening to songs like "Ain't No Sunshine", "Walking on Sunshine", "You are the Sunshine of my life" or listening to bands like KC and the Sunshine band. I figure if I can't get the real thing I can get an audio version of it.

Hey y’all. So not gonna lie, i kind of broke down this morning, this whole thing is starting to get to me. I’m doing my absolute best to stay positive but theres just such short supply of positive energy out there that its just....i dont know...its just hard. Anyway just sharing some thoughts, hope you are all safe with your families.

I did find toilet paper yesterday. And the good kind, not the cheap stuff. Very fortunate because we were running low. They had a half-hearted recommendation to only take one case but it was not explicitly stated as a strict limit. Not being an *******, I only took one though I hope they would stop you at the check out from buying more than one.

Finding hand sanitizer is still a hassle though.
No sanitizer to be had here still. :(

Hey y’all. So not gonna lie, i kind of broke down this morning, this whole thing is starting to get to me. I’m doing my absolute best to stay positive but theres just such short supply of positive energy out there that its just....i dont know...its just hard. Anyway just sharing some thoughts, hope you are all safe with your families.

Hang in there and stay strong! It’s also ok to release it all and vent out. That’s what we’re here for. We’re all facing the same things more or less. :) Stay safe too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"