Self isolation

I am very glad I have an office in my house that is a separate room. I close the door and get my work done. S'all good.

Yeah, me too! And it looks so good...

I just want to know where she got that martini glass.

Me to my wife......Honey, I only had one martini.....

So....isolation at home....yeah, I'm okay with it. I'm kinda like the goddess @flickchick85 (but the child of a much lesser god). Give me a couch, a display, content, a remote control, a pet, and I'm cool (but dear lord girl, lose those potato chips). I converted our home theater (at the direction of my much more significant other) to my office. The upside is I have a 120" screen to watch TV, a refrigerator (sans chips), and a couple of old 42" TVs we aren't using for my less important work.

The downside is that I don't think my hedonistic dogs will really want to slum it with me unless I have treats.....bwaaaaaaahahaha.......carrots, apples, and cheese anyone?

I just got off a conference call informing me that, while there's no official news, the governor in California, Gavin Newsom, believes a reasonable date we may be able to return to work is the end of May. The people at my company will therefore be working from home until at least the middle of June. I'm really lucky my company has taken a responsible approach to this epidemic and that my governor isn't that idiot in Georgia....or Florida for that matter.

Be safe, be good, and we'll get through this.

Much love.

Anybody who tries to come for my potato chips, @InCali , will be met with this treatment:

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/potato-chip/n12630

blake-lively-potato-chip.gif

@InCali I sense you are not into chips... (?) Chips are good for the soul! Chips are bits of heaven.

I'm cooking tonight! Not too fancy BUT I got some mushrooms, cream, pasta (bought pasta! My dad borrow the pasta machine, otherwise I'd have made it), the chicken is still frozen so no chicken. Some "Italian blend" salad.

Made some bread a few days ago, now thanks to the power of my tiny electric oven I'll turn the leftovers into toasts.

How's everyone doing?

Fear not....unless you have real cheddar (my dogs love that so that's a significant danger), sour cream, and salt and pepper chips. Sooooooo.........I suspect you're safe. If I ever do steal your chips, I just want you to know that I'm doing it for your own good.
That is of no comfort to me!

@InCali I sense you are not into chips... (?) Chips are good for the soul! Chips are bits of heaven.

I'm cooking tonight! Not too fancy BUT I got some mushrooms, cream, pasta (bought pasta! My dad borrow the pasta machine, otherwise I'd have made it), the chicken is still frozen so no chicken. Some "Italian blend" salad.

Made some bread a few days ago, now thanks to the power of my tiny electric oven I'll turn the leftovers into toasts.

How's everyone doing?

I got hit with the blues yesterday but I'm good today. Went to the supermarket and got some ingredients for cooking as well. I saw a recipe for some creamy fajitas pasta that I want to try. :awesome:

Oh, Sh!t. It's almost impossible not to. Was it a quick trip? Are you really ok?

Yeah! I think because I didn’t get enough sleep the night before, I got tired really fast and had no energy to do anything productive and I HATE that feeling more than anything. But I got a good night’s sleep last night so I’m much better today and getting some groceries helped. :D

I haven't been in a store in about 3 weeks. If we need anything my wife will go in. She won't let me go. So, I'm watching lots of movies and TV shows. Currently binge watching the series EUREKA.

How's everyone doing?

That's impressive. I've never made my own pasta, but my housemate in Santa Cruz would do it on occasion. My best friend when I was a kid was Jeffrey Pasquariello (In case you didn't notice, he was Italian). His mom used to make pasta and hang it in the kitchen. It smelled awful, but, oh man, was it good. Way to go Martha! TBH, I've never been a big fan of carbs.....except PLAIN potato chips (and pepper is acceptable) and never got into baking. If my son had been around when you baked bread, you would never have had anything for your toast and your butter would have been gone.

It sounds like your shopping trip went well. Hope all is well.

@InCali making pasta is very easy! It takes a little bit of time and space but otherwise it's very simple. And way better than dry pasta.

Send him over! I also made apple cinnamon jam which goes absolutely amazing with butter. I got inspired!!!

Work in progress (cream, mushrooms, spring onions, truffle salt, white wine (just a little! I drank the rest) and pepper... Oh, and some Brie cheese. I don't know if that was a good move tho'
IMG_20200402_204459166.jpg

I haven't been in a store in about 3 weeks. If we need anything my wife will go in. She won't let me go. So, I'm watching lots of movies and TV shows. Currently binge watching the series EUREKA.

Any recommendation??

Binge watched "His Dark Materials" and "watchmen". So good! Waiting for the next episode of "Doom Patrol".

Any recommendation??

Binge watched "His Dark Materials" and "watchmen". So good! Waiting for the next episode of "Doom Patrol".
If you've ever seen my "This month I watched " posts, you'll see I watch, in movies, all genres from all decades As for TV shows.... I also like all genres and time periods. I have a giant collection of TV shows and am also recording a bunch off of various cable stations.

This morning I watched 1917....it's a good movie on it's own (story, acting) but a masterpiece of technical wizardry.

Anybody ever tried those home-delivered meal kits? Some of them are pretty cheap and appear to still be up and running, and if it saves me trips to the store, I'm thinking of giving that a shot.

i am going to self-isolate as soon as all this is over. can't really afford to right now, especially when they're offering overtime. i used part of my overtime this paycheck to buy myself a new tv. (now i need to get a good mount for it). and the rest i will put towards bills. this paycheck i've already accumulated some overtime, and that will probably go towards the principle on my house

Anybody ever tried those home-delivered meal kits? Some of them are pretty cheap and appear to still be up and running, and if it saves me trips to the store, I'm thinking of giving that a shot.

No but I’d be curious too! Most of the ones I’ve been seeing are the ones for dieting which I assumed didn’t taste good. :funny:

No but I’d be curious too! Most of the ones I’ve been seeing are the ones for dieting which I assumed didn’t taste good. :funny:
Ditto. I'm not exactly what you'd call the health food type, as y'all could probably gather from my attachment to my chips, lol.

Me and my mother are terrified of going to the grocery story (New Jersey resident here). We have enough food for the next couple of weeks but we’re gonna need to restock up soon. I’m trying to find online options but inventory seems slim on all the major outlets. And even if you order from like Amazon pantry it’ll be delivered in 3 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"