Sequels Sequel title?

DalekbusterFitz

Dalekbuster523
Reaction score
What do we think the sequel will be called?

I think the title will probably tie-in to school again as with Homecoming. It's hard to think of many exciting school-related words though.

Seeing as Americans have a graduation after completing 'high school', the most plausible potential title IMO is probably 'Spider-Man: Graduation', with the film also seeing Peter Parker changing his mind about sticking to being a friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man and deciding to accept Tony's offer.

Spectacular Spider-Man

Spider-Man: Sinister Six, of course. 3rd is of course going to be Spider-Man: Secret War, based off of the 2004 comic event, not the original cosmic event. Tinkerer will create an overload of randoms, lots of B and C characters.

Why would it be 'Graduation' if we're getting three solo films in high school?

They'll probably just stick to subtitles like Captain America and seeing how the previous Spider-Man franchises used numbers.

Spider-Man: Graduation fits for the second sequel but not sure what the next one could be.

I think the title will probably tie-in to school again as with Homecoming. It's hard to think of many exciting school-related words though....
Spider-man: Yearbook
Spider-man: Senior Class Trip
Spider-man: Final Exam(s)
spider-man: SAT Prep
Spider-man: College Acceptance/ Acceptance Letter
Spider-man: Scholarship/ Scholar

Last edited:

I think the title will probably tie-in to school again as with Homecoming. It's hard to think of many exciting school-related words though.

Another high school related double entendre is the most probable bet....

Seeing as Americans have a graduation after completing 'high school', the most plausible potential title IMO is probably 'Spider-Man: Graduation', with the film also seeing Peter Parker changing his mind about sticking to being a friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man and deciding to accept Tony's offer.

That'd be my guess for the title of the third movie. He'd graduate from High School, and also graduate from being the 'kid' of the movies & a friendly neighbourhood hero to being a fully fledged Avenger (Even though he'll be teaming up with them in the next 2 movies, I don't see the other Avengers being as ready to accept a kid as a full-time Avenger like Stark was. He'll probably be a reserve type member until he's old enough for them to accept him with a clear conscious)

Iirc, didn't Sony register other title domains along with Spider-Man: Homecoming? There was Spider-Man: Greatness Awaits, Spider-Man: Coming of Age & Spider-Man: Suspended.

Spider-Man: Suspended could be maybe a situation where his vigilantism clashes with his school work and he gets suspended, and seeing as May knows his identity she might suspend him from being Spider-Man until he gets his priorities in order.

Greatness Awaits could be him coming from dealing with Thanos & impressing the other Avengers so much that they begin to see the potential Stark saw & them knowing that in the future when he's older, he'll be a great hero & Avenger.

Coming of Age could be about how the events of Avengers 3&4 affect him to the point of him maturing as a hero and possibly sobering him, as he fully grows into his understanding & acceptance of his responsibility as a hero (especially seeing as it will be the end of his 5 movie arc Feige has mapped out, it would be a pretty sensible way to end his first arc. With him 'Coming of Age' as a hero in the wake of Earth's biggest catastrophe which as Feige stated will mark the end for some characters he'll obviously be one of the heroes who has to step up)

Just some ideas to throw out there

Spider-Man: Detention
Spider-Man: Chess Club
Spider- Man: Band Practice

Why would it be 'Graduation' if we're getting three solo films in high school?

I was just trying to think of exciting school-related titles, and as I know America have graduations for end of school graduation was the only interesting sub-title I could think of.

Spider-Man: Homework or Spider-Man: Detention wouldn't work.

Spider-man: Yearbook
Spider-man: Senior Class Trip
Spider-man: Final Exam(s)
spider-man: SAT Prep
Spider-man: College Acceptance/ Acceptance Letter
Spider-man: Scholarship

They're not really exciting though. Homecoming is an interesting sub-title as it has a double-meaning.

I'd say Spider-Man: Second Period, but as Peter already established in the faux interrogation scene, he's a boy, not a girl.

Spider-Man: Growing Pains? Though that's also the code name being used for New Mutants while it's filming.
Spider-Man: Progress Report?
Spider-Man: Homecoming of the Third Kind?

Another high school related double entendre is the most probable bet....

That'd be my guess for the title of the third movie. He'd graduate from High School, and also graduate from being the 'kid' of the movies & a friendly neighbourhood hero to being a fully fledged Avenger (Even though he'll be teaming up with them in the next 2 movies, I don't see the other Avengers being as ready to accept a kid as a full-time Avenger like Stark was. He'll probably be a reserve type member until he's old enough for them to accept him with a clear conscious)

Iirc, didn't Sony register other title domains along with Spider-Man: Homecoming? There was Spider-Man: Greatness Awaits, Spider-Man: Coming of Age & Spider-Man: Suspended.

Spider-Man: Suspended could be maybe a situation where his vigilantism clashes with his school work and he gets suspended, and seeing as May knows his identity she might suspend him from being Spider-Man until he gets his priorities in order.

Greatness Awaits could be him coming from dealing with Thanos & impressing the other Avengers so much that they begin to see the potential Stark saw & them knowing that in the future when he's older, he'll be a great hero & Avenger.

Coming of Age could be about how the events of Avengers 3&4 affect him to the point of him maturing as a hero and possibly sobering him, as he fully grows into his understanding & acceptance of his responsibility as a hero (especially seeing as it will be the end of his 5 movie arc Feige has mapped out, it would be a pretty sensible way to end his first arc. With him 'Coming of Age' as a hero in the wake of Earth's biggest catastrophe which as Feige stated will mark the end for some characters he'll obviously be one of the heroes who has to step up)

Just some ideas to throw out there

Spider-Man: Suspended would be a good title, not sure they'd go for Coming Of Age or Greatness Awaits though.

They're not really exciting though. Homecoming is an interesting sub-title as it has a double-meaning.
I know... I was originally making the list as a joke... but actually came to like some of the possible double meanings of some of them (so, I edited out the "lol" at the end)

example: Acceptance Letter, cause it could be both school related or imply him accepting Tony's offer or Final Exam {tho this would probably be better for third movie title} but again could be school related or Avengers related, also could hint at a treat to his life

although, I think you and me have a different definition of "exciting" gained it's been a long time since high school, but even in high school I wasn't really into school events such as homecoming/prom... so for me that name didn't really engage me as much

Last edited:
Spider-Man v Sinister Six: A Marvel Cinematic Universe Story: Prom Night: Part 1: Dawn of Ned

Spider-Man: Learning Curve?
Spider-Man: If This Be My Destiny?
Spider-Man: Ultimate Fallout?

Heck, what if it winds up being that rumored title 'The New Avenger'?

I know... I was originally making the list as a joke... but actually came to like some of the possible double meanings of some of them (so, I edited out the "lol" at the end)

example: Acceptance Letter, cause it could be both school related or imply him accepting Tony's offer or Final Exam {tho this would probably be better for third movie title} but again could be school related or Avengers related, also could hint at a treat to his life

although, I think you and me have a different definition of "exciting" gained it's been a long time since high school, but even in high school I wasn't really into school events such as homecoming/prom... so for me that name didn't really engage me as much

The problem with 'acceptance letter' is that 'acceptance letter' as a combination of two words is pretty dull IMO. 'Homecoming' has a nice sense of grandeur to it.

It's the same with 'Final Exam'. 'Spider-Man: Final Exam' isn't going to interest the casual audience; 'exam' has too many negative connotations. Many think of exams as boring academic activities you have to sit through at school.

We may have different definitions of exciting, true. Personally, Spider-Man: Prom Night would engage me more than Spider-Man: Final Exam. I wouldn't go for either if I was Sony though.

The problem with 'acceptance letter' is that 'acceptance letter' as a combination of two words is pretty dull IMO. 'Homecoming' has a nice sense of grandeur to it.

It's the same with 'Final Exam'. 'Spider-Man: Final Exam' isn't going to interest the casual audience; 'exam' has too many negative connotations. Many think of exams as boring academic activities you have to sit through at school.

We may have different definitions of exciting, true. Personally, Spider-Man: Prom Night would engage me more than Spider-Man: Final Exam. I wouldn't go for either if I was Sony though.
fair enough... does the word "Admission" have more grandeur to it?
(again could be school related {with it being an admission to collage} or an admission to the Avengers team...)

also to add to the list, I had a thought... playing off a graduation theme (tho, that might not be til the 3 movie) what about?
Spider-man: With Honors
Spider-man: Valedictorian/Valedictory

is "Summa Cumme Laude" to askew of a term?

Spider-Man: Summer Vacation?

I know they wanna focus on the high school aspect though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"