Legion Series Finale: "Chapter 27"

Discussion in 'Past Marvel Series' started by NotNickFury, Aug 8, 2019.

1. NotNickFury Registered

The end of the end is the end.

Kane52630 likes this.
  2. Kane52630 Timmverse User

It's a shame it's going out, I do hope it doesn't get forgotten.

3. ArmsHeldOut James K. Delaney

Starting now...

[​IMG]

4. Erik20 Registered

I'm not sure if I liked it... maybe because most of the third season is not really what I expected. (Especially the time travel stuff)

I thought it would be "bigger" somehow, not just this finale, but the entire season. Also because they talked about David causing the end of the world...

But maybe that's the point, that it's different from all the other (superhero) movies/tv shows with always the big fight at the end

5. CapLover Registered

For a while it looked like this was going to be a major Shakespearean tragedy.

I mean, seriously. Young Farouk could easily have out-maneuvered out-of-control future David. He already put the mind of a king in a monkey. What if he had taken future David's mind and stuck it in young David and punished him with a different version of what happened to him previously?

I also held my breath while young Farouk and old Farouk were - apparently - changing their tune. Part of me didn't believe they were genuine and I was expecting some sort of last second betrayal from either of them.

It was also nice to see that Switch will survive and thrive because it wasn't pretty how selfish future David was in getting her to continue to do what he wanted despite the obvious threat to her life.

Not the textbook happy ending but at least it was bittersweet. In the end, everybody does indeed get a "do over".

6. Brother Jack The Penitent Man

This was a very optimistic ending in the sense that it affirmed the possibility of change. The older Farouk is able to show the younger Farouk the error of his ways, Charles owns up to his (future) mistakes and embraces David, and David accepts Charles' love and the whole reset. David ironically succeeds in changing the past, but it's through sacrifice and, well, the power of love.

7. flickchick85 Admin of Might

This season, like last season, was pretty hit-and-miss for me, but I liked the ending. Maybe because it wasn't nearly the depressing end I assumed we were headed towards.

Overall, while the show never quite lived up to the glory of its amazing first season for me, it's still one of the best, and certainly THE most unique and inventive comic-based show out there, imo.

8. Brother Jack The Penitent Man

I consider it a minor miracle that it was made at all, at least in the way that it was made. It's the prime example of taking a comic property, giving it to an auteur, and letting him just do whatever he wants with it. I don't know if something like it will come around again for a long time.

flickchick85 likes this.
  9. PunyGod Astronomer

Mixed on the finale but damned if that wasn't one of the best uses of a song ever in a TV show. Even the lyrics matched up perfectly.

I'm thinking they had that planned from the beginning. They have a character named Syd Barrett after all.

10. theMagic Registered

Really good series this. Noah Hawley (the showrunner) is immensely talented.

11. henzINNIT Registered

Finally got around to watching Season 3, and finished the finale last night. Overall I quite liked it. Xavier was well written and acted, though he looks a bit like Fassbender which was jarring at times.
    It was nice to see David's parents regardless.

I'm not 100% sure I liked how the show wrapped up. A time travel reset allowed for a nice, somewhat optimistic ending, and I appreciated that the show closed on a note of hope. That said, it feels like a bit of a cheat to solve a character's mental health issues with a do-over. I might have preferred to see David find some kind of peace in the timeline we know him in. Similarly, I was surprised on the ending chosen for Farouk. He's made for a very interesting villain but I'm not sure loving David is enough to wash off the horrid things he's done in his time.

12. CapLover Registered

"That said, it feels like a bit of a cheat to solve a character's mental health issues with a do-over."

Time travel is ALWAYS a bit of a cheat. It's also conceited and selfish for David to make use of it. The physical and mental trauma to Switch was bad enough, but consider how many lives are going to be altered by changing key elements so far back in the past.

Some people who lived are going to die. Some people who died are going to live. Some lives that went fabulously will be ruined, while others might actually get a second chance.

Screwing with the past is something I hope we never figure out how to do. It could potentially wreck everything.

13. famicommander Registered

They politely asked the villain if he wouldn't very much mind not being a villain anymore. Not a climactic ending at all.