Seth Graham Smith is the writer

I haven't seen many of Seth's movies that he's written except for Dark Shadows, which was a 5/10 for me. I have heard his books are really good, and much better than their adaptations though. Going off a Lord/Miller treatment does make me feel better.

Wonder how he feels about all this, had a huge first movie all lined up for him, then boom BVS happens and he gets knocked off the directing chair.

I didn't know he was a book author.
He's not completely out of the project, that should be a good thing, I hope.

He wrote the book version of Pride Prejudice and Zombies, and Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter.

Wonder how he feels about all this, had a huge first movie all lined up for him, then boom BVS happens and he gets knocked off the directing chair.

I think it's fairly safe to say that this would have happened regardless of the reception of BvS. One thing that nobody seems to be pointing out: while WB's execs have openly blabbed about Snyder, Ayer, Jenkins, Wan and Affleck directing films for the DC universe, not once in the six months that Grahame-Smith was supposedly signed on as director did anyone at the studio officially confirm it to the press, or even casually name drop him during a conference or interview (like they have with all of the other directors).

It gives the impression that some folks at the studio wanted to give him a shot as director because they liked what he was cooking up script wise, but they weren't certain enough that they were ready to go shouting his name from the rooftops like they did with the rest of their directors. It really seems like he was the frontrunner while things were in the development/scripting stage, but they didn't want to go public with it in case they changed their minds (which they ultimately did). Grahame-Smith never even seems to have openly commented on the film via Twitter. All his tweets relating to the film were vague and veiled, as if he wasn't allowed to speak about the project. Unlike Wan and Affleck who have openly spoken to the press about their respective projects, which are actually scheduled for release after The Flash. If trades like Deadline weren't around to ferret out stories like this, it's safe to assume no one would have ever known that Grahame-Smith was even considered for director.

Last edited:
I hope Rick reworks his script too.. Because this guy doesn't seem to be a good script writer either. The lego batman movie looks promising though. Everything else he has done has been absolute garbage..
With a great director like Rick on board I think we might get a well directed film overall.. It's not like deadpool had a great story though, but for The Flash script also matters.

EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has found its director for its feature The Flash starring Ezra Miller. The studio has chosen Rick Famuyiwa, the up-and-coming director who on the feature front most recently helmed the Sundance pic Dope, which he scripted.

Famuiywa is receiving strong Emmy-season buzz for directing Confirmation, the Anita Hill-Clarence Thomas HBO drama that stars Kerry Washington and Wendell Pierce as the two principal characters.

http://deadline.com/2016/06/the-flash-rick-famuyiwa-dope-dc-comics-warner-bros-1201766332/

He seems to be good choice as he has directed movies that focus on characters and the world they live in.

Also, as many have said it's a good thing that he is also a writer, I hope that he rewrites whatever he thinks is not well written, and improves the script.

I like the fact that many talented directors who would have just continued to making low budget indie films are getting a chance to direct big budget movies and get noticed.

Given the reports that Geoff Johns is a cowriter on Wonder Woman, helping out on Aquaman, working with Affleck on the Batman Script, and was rumored to have done some rewrites on JL I'm willing to bet he'll help out on this script as well

CtTrofNUMAA4bnD.jpg

As was probably expected Rick is making revisions to original script

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"