Elizabeth Banks to Make The Flintstones Sequel Series!

I don't consider North by North Quahog a good episode. If falls off after the opening gag poking fun at all the show Fox had cancelled since FG went off the air. Patriot Games was bad too.

The others on that list I either like or they weren't memorable.

This making any progress? Gawd, I don't want it to be a disappointment...

I think this has potential, but I wouldn't be too sad if it never comes to be.

‘The Flintstones’ Reboot Put On Hold Due To Seth MacFarlane’s Overcrowded Schedule

EXCLUSIVE: Seth MacFarlane is human! The A-list showrunner, who is juggling four series, a movie and a music career, has reached a mutual agreement with Fox, 20th Century Fox TV and Warner Bros. TV to put the high-profile reboot of The Flintstones on hold as his insane workload has not allowed him to give the project the needed attention. Reps for MacFarlane, the network and the studio confirmed the decision, declining further comment.

After two years of complex dealmaking between 20th TV, where MacFarlane is based, and WBTV, which has the rights to the classic Hanna-Barbera series, the new Flintstones was announced at Fox’s upfront presentation last May with a straight-to-series order to launch in 2013. MacFarlane had been the driver behind the project as for him it was a childhood dream-come-true — by his own admission, the very first cartoon character he drew at age 2 was Fred Flintstone. MacFarlane was to co-write The Flintstones reboot, a co-production between 20th TV and WBTV, with Dan Palladino (Gilmore Girls) and executive produce it with him and Kara Vallow (Family Guy). To meet the 2013 target premiere date, The Flintsones was supposed to start production last fall, something that proved impossible as MacFarlane had been hard at work on his feature directorial debut Ted, his three Fox animated shows and another series for the network, an updated version of Carl Sagan’s classic Cosmos.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/04/the-flintstones-tv-series-reboot-on-hold-due-to-seth-macfarlanes-schedule/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

He's remaking Cosmos? Lord.

I'm actually excited for the new Cosmos. I'm glad The Flinstones got dropped in lieu of any of his other shows, although the Cleveland Show could definitely get cancelled and I doubt anyone would care. Cosmos has Neil DeGrasse Tyson hosting so I'm very confident it's going to be awesome in every way. From what I've read, MacFarlane is just helping to get Cosmos off the ground. I'm not sure if he'll have any creative input, my guess is he's just helping to get it to air.

Well that's.....odd. I do get the feeling she is gonna voice Wilma.

Last edited:
So is Seth McFarlane not attached to this at all?

He's busy with the Orville anyway.

You answered your own question. So will the thread title be renamed soon?

The Stones...I can't believe they are still doing it after all these years.

Sadjy the only reason kids are aware of this show is due to some meme called Fleenstones.

That’s cool. The comic book series actually works really well with a modernish setting. Should be good times

The original Flintstones was actually aimed at adults.

Check out this original advertisement from the show in which Fred and Barney are hawking Winston cigarettes!:

You answered your own question. So will the thread title be renamed soon?

I haven't answered my own question, because he could've still been involved as an executive producer, consultant or occasional writer/ animator even though he's committed to the Orville.

The original Flintstones was actually aimed at adults.

Check out this original advertisement from the show in which Fred and Barney are hawking Winston cigarettes!:

Yes and no. To be fair, cigarettes were being advertised and sold to kids in the 1960's.

‘The Flintstones’ Adult Animated Comedy Sequel ‘Bedrock’ From Elizabeth Banks In Works At Fox – Deadline

Yabba-Dabbo-Doo! Elizabeth BanksFlintstones sequel series Bedrock has landed at Fox.

The network is developing the primetime animated adult comedy series with the Charlie Angels and Hunger Games star set to voice Pebbles Flintstone in addition to producing.

Bedrock will follow the Flintstone family two decades after the original, with Fred on the brink of retirement and 20-something Pebbles embarking on her own career. As the Stone Age gives way to a shiny and enlightened new Bronze Age, the residents of Bedrock will find this evolution harder than a swing from Bamm-Bamm’s club.

Now why hbo max, cartoon Network or adult swim chose to pass on airing their own property is beyond me.

If it’s anything like the new comic I think it will be really good
The DC miniseries from awhile back? Yeah, it is a masterpiece.

y6QClV9.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"