Seth MacFarlane's "A Millions Ways to Die in the West"

South Park = Smart Crude Humor
Seth MacFarlane = Dumb crude humor full of shock value, trying to make fun of things nobody else does but not knowing how to do it.

New-ish trailer was played in front of Spider-Man last night. I'm genuinely pissed at what they used for the last bit in the trailer. It's as unbelievably hilarious, yet it gives away what will likely be one of the funniest cameos of the movie that would've completely blindsided me.

New-ish trailer was played in front of Spider-Man last night. I'm genuinely pissed at what they used for the last bit in the trailer. It's as unbelievably hilarious, yet it gives away what will likely be one of the funniest cameos of the movie that would've completely blindsided me.
Exactly how I felt. I was so angry they showed that. I would have loved being surprised by that in the actual film. 100% stupid choice. :csad:

Haha, I thought I was the only one. It actually got applause at my showing.

I wanted to laugh, it was a great bit. But I was too pissed I didn't get to experience it when I paid for the goddamn movie.

Agreed. That bit was so good!! It would've been absolutely EPIC to see it while watching the movie for the first time. The first thing I said to my friends was,

"Why would you waste that scene on the trailer?!?" :(

Whoever decided that was a good idea absolutely SUCKS.

Well, you know what they say about a movie that uses all it's good scenes in the trailer...

Well, they did say that about Ted. There were some classics that weren't used, like the whole Flash Gordon thing. You kind of had grow up in that era to get it, but still.

Ted had a reason why it was funny, the trailer played last night with ASM2 and I felt like the only people that laughed were the 14 year old boys.

x2, that would've been awesome if that cameo was saved for the movie, but no they had to put it in the trailer and ruin it. :cmad:

Admittedly not a huge fan of MacFarlane's work but I'll probably end up seeing this movie in theaters since it has Charlize Theron and Liam Neeson (who looks like he'll be chewing more scenery than he did in the Lego Movie). Dang, it just seems like Charlize gets hotter with every movie.... :hrt:

Yeah, they probably should have saved that cameo for the movie.

Nevertheless, it was glorious and I cheered when I saw it.

They just showed the cameo in a TV spot with Modern Family.

And again, they totally wasted it.

It'll still be awesome in the theater but, I really wish they hadn't spoiled it.

So how do you all think this will do at the box office? Swim or sink? I know Ted did Great at the box office and had fairly good reviews. But this is already getting bad reviews, and so far doesn't seem like the Ted equivalent.

Also, some westerns haven't been doing so well box office wise. Examples like Jonah Hex, Cowboys and Aliens, Lone Range, heck, even John Carter felt like a western, didn't do so well.

Do you think it will make back it's 40 million dollar budget?

I think Maleficent and X-Men will steal some of its thunder but not so much that it'll bomb like Blended. MacFarlane has a pretty decent brand going and people know him. I have heard people talking about going to see it over here in Chicago so who can say.

So how much pointless potty humor will be in this film?

This is getting pretty darn weak reviews.

For anyone who follows YouTube reviewers both Schmoes Know and Chris Stuckmann gave it average reviews. IGN also gave it around 6, another place I saw (Digital Spy a UK site) gave it 2.

To the poster above apparently it's the excessive over use of toilet humour that lets it down. In the Schmoes Know review they said it literally felt like MacFarlane had ran out of jokes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"