Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd probably love the adventure more if it went that route

So this week ends with the way it came in; with another tragedy. 5 snowboarders killed in an avalanche in Colorado. One survives and goes for help. A cap to an obviously really crappy week.

May all the victims souls rest in peace
With the happening in other countries, these two events didn't ruin my week

May all the victims souls rest in peace
With the happening in other countries, these two events didn't ruin my week

Hmmn... while I think I understand what you're getting at (a horrible week in America is about equivalent to an average day in Iraq or Syria) you probably could have worded that better. In any event, I agree with your first sentiment, not so much with your second.

Things are crappy all over. All the news does is make me cry. :waa:

Hmmn... while I think I understand what you're getting at (a horrible week in America is about equivalent to an average day in Iraq or Syria) you probably could have worded that better. In any event, I agree with your first sentiment, not so much with your second.
and your reaction is why the terrorists win.

didn't ruin my week either. tragic events, but life moves on.

and your reaction is why the terrorists win.

didn't ruin my week either. tragic events, but life moves on.

That's such a close-minded response. "That's why the terrorists win"? Are you serious? I'm not allowed to feel bad about a tragedy? The terrorists "win" when you change your life routine because you suddenly become scared of an impending attack. But there's nothing wrong with feeling bad over a tragedy, unless of course you're an unfeeling robot. I felt bad over the Newtown shooting too. Does that mean Adam Lanza won? Man, learn to have a little sensitivity and don't spit out cliches from 2001.

Rate the Hobbits, from favorite to least favorite

Thought so

Sam
Merry
Bilbo
Frodo
Pippin
Smeagle

Last edited:
Bilbo
Merry
Sam
Pippin
Frodo
Fatty (the forgotten 5th Hobbit that set out with Frodo)
Smeagle

Last edited:
So this week ends with the way it came in; with another tragedy. 5 snowboarders killed in an avalanche in Colorado. One survives and goes for help. A cap to an obviously really crappy week.
What part of Colorado?

You can still rank them from favorite to least favorite

I'm not a big Lord of the Rings fan, to be honest. I'll admit they're good movies and, had I even managed to get through the books, are even better books.

I'm not a big Lord of the Rings fan, to be honest. I'll admit they're good movies and, had I even managed to get through the books, are even better books.
Its the opposite for me. I had read the books many times before the movies, then saw the movies, then read the books again and liked the movies better. Things were added, material moved around in such a way that I think actually improved what was written.

Bilbo
Samwise
Frodo
Pippin
Merry
Fatty Bolger

Merry/Frodo
Sam

Pippin (crap)

Rate the Hobbits, from favorite to least favorite

Smeagol/Gollum, Sam, the others are equally bad. In truth, I'm not much a Hobbit person, either. I rather liked Bormomir, Faramir, and Thorin in AUJ. Who wants to read "Epic Pooh?"

Merry is the only one I could stand.

Sam isn't 1st because of his incessant crying in ROTK.

Pippin bumbling in Fellowship dropping the pail down the well in Moria and then taking Sauruman's palantir.

Frodo. I wouldn't have been upset if he went over with the ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"