The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Shailene Woodley COULD BE Mary Jane Watson.....in TASM3 - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone reckon someone upstairs saw her scenes and was like, 'O that's sh**.' I'm not a hater or a fan of the girl but just wondered this.

Anyone reckon someone upstairs saw her scenes and was like, 'O that's sh**.' I'm not a hater or a fan of the girl but just wondered this.

They announce the sequels in 2016 and 2018. She gets cut. Shailene has a commitment to Divergent. It kinda adds up but then again, who knows what goes on behind closed doors. It's possible her scenes sucked and they're using her other commitments as a well-timed excuse. :shrug:

tumblr_momp9cGPiz1ro04moo1_250.gif

I don't really see the big deal about this, to be honest. If anything, I'm kinda glad there's no MJ; it makes this series seem unique to have a different love interest for so long. Plus, why risk overcrowding the movie with someone we KNEW had a very small role? I feel like everyone sees this as a warning sign. If anything, I feel like this should be good news, but that's just me.

They announce the sequels in 2016 and 2018. She gets cut. Shailene has a commitment to Divergent. It kinda adds up but then again, who knows what goes on behind closed doors. It's possible her scenes sucked and they're using her other commitments as a well-timed excuse. :shrug:

That's the kind of thing I was thinking. Pessimism, I know.

Gotta say, and I'm a supporter, that I hate the excuse. If it's true, I hate the reason. That stuff should be spotted by the writers well before shooting, and if Webb flicked through it before filming, why didn't he see it then. You'd think after the last time they'd appreciate that a locked and polished script is the first thing you should get sorted. It's all looked good so far, but you can't see the problems the first one had by looking at set pics.

Lock the script, you lazy mothers *******.

I'm fine with the decision; it IS sad for Shailene, especially if she's not able to come back when the character does get introduced, but it makes sense and isn't the big production-shattering deal people are making it out to be.

The thing I could do without is the 'she wasn't pretty enough' crap-storm that the news has reignited.

I'm fine with the decision; it IS sad for Shailene, especially if she's not able to come back when the character does get introduced, but it makes sense and isn't the big production-shattering deal people are making it out to be.

The thing I could do without is the 'she wasn't pretty enough' crap-storm that the news has reignited.

I haven't seen that. It's not nice.

Are there lots of footage of MJ already filmed? maybe they can wind up on the DVD/BR.

@MAJIK1387

Because your opinion contradicts itself.
"The chemistry was great! But it was too fast, unnatural and unbelievable! But it was great"
It makes no sense, obviously the pace and way the chemistry was built worked for you to believe it and like it, otherwise you wouldn't have believed it in any way.
Exactly. It didn't drag, it wasn't an immediate thing, it was perfectly handled.

I don't know if it's a reading/comprehension thing or what, but I pretty much spelled it out as clearly as possible in my previous two posts on the matter: When Garfield and Stone did interact, it was well done for the most part (as in, Garfield is great acting against Stone----as in, that's what chemistry is). BUT, I feel that there wasn't enough of interaction and that the time they did have together felt rushed and unnatural, so as not to be believable (They talk briefly twice, Peter meets her parents and they kiss on the first date and he reveals his secret identity?) For me it was too much compacted into too short a time and it felt contrived and rushed. Sorry you disagree.

You keep stating your opinion like it's a fact that's going to prove me wrong. It was "perfectly handled" to you.

Phoebe Tonkin gets my vote if we can't have Shailene. She fits right into the same 'beauty profile' and I'm familiar with her from H2O, which my sister and a friend used to watch when they were done with their jobs at our work.

I like Phoebe Tonkin or Holland Roden for MJ. But my favorite is still Ashley Benson. Although I still hope Woodley stays.

I don't think Benson fits the Woodley beauty profile, but to each their own.

I didn't know Woodley was this terribly ugly actress until coming on to these boards. I'm not even a fan or anti fan of Woodley, I'm not saying she is the best choice because who knows? But the snide remarks about her looks are so over the top and nasty. You'd think she was the ugliest person ever to be cast in a movie. It's not shocking to me though, that's how people have always been about this character. Anything less than Megan Fox style looks is unacceptable.

is movieweb reliable at all? they're reporting sarah gadon is replacing shailene.

I didn't know Woodley was this terribly ugly actress until coming on to these boards. I'm not even a fan or anti fan of Woodley, I'm not saying she is the best choice because who knows? But the snide remarks about her looks are so over the top and nasty. You'd think she was the ugliest person ever to be cast in a movie. It's not shocking to me though, that's how people have always been about this character. Anything less than Megan Fox style looks is unacceptable.

Ha. Welcome and am sorry you had to see the ridiculousness. It's really just overreacting.
And you're right, we haven't seen her and it's a bummer that it's possible we have to wait to see her performance, 'cause I was looking forward to her.

Imagine if they keep Shailene Woodley without telling anyone. (Because I'm sure they must have known about Divergent when they casted her so they must have known how her schedule was going to be)

Anyways, imagine if they kept her just like they had Emily Browning hidden and uncredited in The Host. And at the ending of TASM 2, they had the motorcycle scene in the credits.

Andrew+Garfield+fixes+broken+down+car+while+GVJMhaIEPh2l.jpg

Mary Jane would find Peter and he'd ask for help and she'd say "You just hit the jackpot, Tiger" meaning he got lucky she was there and then once she helps him out and he gets on her motorcycle for a ride, she'd say "I'm your neighbor, Mary Jane Watson" and the credits would go back on.

Yup, I want that to happen.

is movieweb reliable at all? they're reporting sarah gadon is replacing shailene.

To believe that it would mean they were casting someone else to play MJ in TASM2 which would make webb a liar

Webb & Sony won't plan that far ahead to TASM3 when they are in production on TASM2 at the moment, its silly to think they would start thinking about it at this moment in time

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"