The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Shailene Woodley COULD BE Mary Jane Watson.....in TASM3 - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
is movieweb reliable at all? they're reporting sarah gadon is replacing shailene.

As a former frequent user of Movieweb, I can say that yes, they are a reliable source. and I'd say especially B. Alan Orange, who wrote that article; He's the equivalent C. Lee on that site.

Old and kinda kookie

Last edited:
I didn't know Woodley was this terribly ugly actress until coming on to these boards. I'm not even a fan or anti fan of Woodley, I'm not saying she is the best choice because who knows? But the snide remarks about her looks are so over the top and nasty. You'd think she was the ugliest person ever to be cast in a movie. It's not shocking to me though, that's how people have always been about this character. Anything less than Megan Fox style looks is unacceptable.
It's not just Dunst and Woodley though. Hathaway and Maggie Gyllenhaal have also gotten grief. All I'd say is that these boards must be full of studs.

To believe that it would mean they were casting someone else to play MJ in TASM2 which would make webb a liar

Webb & Sony won't plan that far ahead to TASM3 when they are in production on TASM2 at the moment, its silly to think they would start thinking about it at this moment in time

How does that make Marc a liar? The Movieweb article doesn't say anything about Sarah Gadon replacing Shailene in TASM2, they're talking about TASM3 .

And I'm sure Marc knew that he was cutting MJ's scenes prior to yesterday. It was just yesterday that the news leaked out. I'm sure they auditioned and screentested a lot of actresses last year for MJ and have kept a few actresses in mind and have a shortlist in the event Shailene can't return. I doubt anything official will be announced right now but it doesn't mean they're not and can't think ahead

Last edited:
How does that make Marc a liar? The Movieweb article doesn't say anything about Sarah Gadon replacing Shailene in TASM2, they're talking about TASM3 .

I'm sure they auditioned and screentested a lot of actresses last year for MJ and have kept a few actresses in mind and have a shortlist in the event Shailene can't return. I doubt anything official will be announced right now but it doesn't mean they're not and can't think ahead

there would be no point thinking ahead, when you are working hard on the current film why start thinking about the next one, studios don't really do that, it seems more like a fan boy rumor, one of them people who want to get MJ recast

the only way they would start thinking who can replace her is if they wanted to film some scenes with her, and if they did it would make webb look like a liar because he basically said shailene was cut because be wanted to concentrate on Peter and gwen

Last edited:
I really don't think there's anything to that report, but we'll see.

I do like Gadon as a candidate either way, though; she fits the 'Woodley beauty profile' in the same way that Jane Levy does.

Last edited:
I don't think there's anything to that report, but we'll see.

agreed, it would be way to premature

i think there will be alot of these reports though in the next year or so of random actresses and most of them won't be true but just fan boy rumors started hoping something will come out of it

Movieweb says they might've signed Sarah Gadon, but I'm doubtful of the report right now given that it does feed into this nonsense about Woodley - who is very beautiful, I might add - not being 'pretty enough'. Gadon, like Jane Levy and Woodley herself, has a 'girl-next-door' look to her while still being beautiful.

Oh, the girl from Antiviral. That chick has skills, and I found her to be prettier than Woodley (not too much, anyways). But I feel bad about Shailene if this is true...

Last edited:
it would make SONY and Webb look really bad, webb has already said he cut MJ for peter and gwens story, so webb would put his foot n his mouth if they got replaced her for this film and setting plans up to replace her over a year early seems an even more crazy idea by sony, unless they plan on filming 2 films together which i assume they aint

it would make SONY and Webb look really bad, webb has already said he cut MJ for peter and gwens story, so webb would put his foot n his mouth if they got replaced her for this film and setting plans up to replace her over a year early seems an even more crazy idea by sony, unless they plan on filming 2 films together which i assume they aint

Why do you keep saying that she's replacing Shailene in TASM2? There's nothing in that article that says she's reshooting Shailene's scenes. In fact, judging from last week's pics, we probably saw the reshoot with Aunt May taking the place of MJ when Gwen knocks on the door and he's not home. (I'm guessing this b/c Gwen is wearing the same clothes in the previous scene shot with MJ)

I'm not saying the rumour is true, but it's not that crazy to sign an actress a year in advance. You want to book them early so they so they can plan their schedule in advance and not book any other movies that conflict with the schedule. If they had signed Shailene a bit earlier instead a few months before production, maybe we wouldn't have this scheduling problem

Why do you keep saying that she's replacing Shailene in TASM2? There's nothing in that article that says she's reshooting Shailene's scenes. In fact, judging from last week's pics, we probably saw the reshoot with Aunt May taking the place of MJ when Gwen knocks on the door and he's not home. (I'm guessing this b/c Gwen is wearing the same clothes in the previous scene shot with MJ)

I'm not saying the rumour is true, but it's not that crazy to sign an actress a year in advance. You want to book them early so they so they can plan their schedule in advance and not book any other movies that conflict with the schedule. If they had signed Shailene a bit earlier instead a few months before production, maybe we wouldn't have this scheduling problem

Basically what I mean they would only being looking at possible recasts this early if they were desperate to find someone to film some scenes, so with the amount of stuff and cast in this film even thinking about possible recast ideas MJ this early should be the least of sonys worry right now

Trust me, they won't be reshooting any of Shailene's scenes with a new actress. Do you think Marc Webb would be that stupid to make a statement like that yesterday and then contradict himself w/i 24 hours?

It's not just Dunst and Woodley though. Hathaway and Maggie Gyllenhaal have also gotten grief. All I'd say is that these boards must be full of studs.
Yeah this board is full of the worlds most beautiful people if a cute girl like Woodley is considered ugly. It's not just here on Hype though, the cruel comments are all over the web.

As for the movieweb report, I'll believe a recast when coming soon, The Hollywood Reporter, Deadline Hollywood and a few others report it. No offense to that site, I'm just not familiar with it.

Trust me, they won't be reshooting any of Shailene's scenes with a new actress. Do you think Marc Webb would be that stupid to make a statement like that yesterday and then contradict himself w/i 24 hours?

I do not, but I also don't think any plans or talks would go on yet about who could play MJ, which is why I don't believe that report at all

Last edited:
@I SEE SPIDEY: Woodley's more than 'cute'; she's beautiful. I agree with your larger point, though.

If sony has already posted release dates, you can bet your ass someone somewhere involved is scrambling to find a replacement for the role of Mary Jane to lock her up for those two films too. As for Woodley getting replaced by this Gadon Girl, I PERSONALLY think this new girl fits the role better, as cute as Shailene may be, this new girl has "the look"

No, its really not. Look what happened with Shailene and her upcoming schedule which is more than likely what is causing this recast. Its never to early to put stuff in play for a tentpole franchise that will start filming probably the end of 2014. They just locked up RDJ for Avengers 2 and 3...on the other hand I wouldnt be suprised if nothing comes of this new chick news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"