The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Shailene Woodley COULD BE Mary Jane Watson.....in TASM3 - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
sony wanted to dump Woodley if mj is not in asm2 why recast so fast? less than 24 hrs come on asm3 comes out 2016 so you would take your time to recast

it'll be really messed up if marc says he cut mj from tasm2 to focus more on peter/gwen and then cast someone else, shoot some scenes with her and add them to tasm2.

I highly doubt Webb would do that after yesterday's statement. Remember those photos of Gwen & Aunt May last week? It looks like they reshot the MJ/Gwen scene with Aunt May answering the door this time instead of MJ walking over and talking to Gwen. Everything in the scene set up is the same, down to the outfit, Gwen's arrival by taxi...

This kinda debunks the theory some ppl are saying that the only possible reason they would recast so early was so they could reshoot MJ's TASM2 scenes

http://www.justjared.com/2013/06/13/emma-stone-andrew-garfield-film-spider-man-with-sally-field/

Back in March with Shailene

http://www.justjared.com/2013/03/11/emma-stone-shailene-woodley-mary-jane-gwen-meet/

I can't believe people still undermine the power that people on the internet and especially fans of any brand/franchise have.

Did people not see what happened with the Microsoft's Xbox One just a day ago? Be very sure that these companies pay attention to the hive mind/popular opinion from any given fanbase. They absolutely do listen for better or worse.

Wow, if Gadon is not only MJ but MJ in TASM2, then this really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Sony and Webb have handled this horribly (especially disappointed in the latter, so much for being someone with a bit of backbone and with his own vision).

Yeah, it's pretty clear the interent had something to do with this.

sony wanted to dump Woodley if mj is not in asm2 why recast so fast? less than 24 hrs come on asm3 comes out 2016 so you would take your time to recast

just because the news came out 24 hours ago doesn't mean sarah was cast 24 hours ago. they probably decided this a while back and only released statements now. notice how shailene, marc and sarah started talking at the same time; it was probably the date they set for the news to come out.

Someone said something interesting on a thread just because its news to us is old news to them

Look, for all we know her scenes came back for dalies (is that the right term?) and perhaps the chemistry wasn't working with either her as MJ, or her with the other actors or something and on top of having another franchise which will now pump movies out fast, they figured perhaps going with someone else might be the better option.

Do any of you remember the Buffy the Vampire Slayer pilot? Well originally had a different girl cast as Willow Rosemburg, something wasn't quite working with her and then eventually cast Alyson Hannigan in the role of Willow, they reshot all of her scenes in the pilot with her in place who everyone thought was a better fit for the character/ more atractive/ more talented/ more likeable/ funnier/ cuter, etc and overall better for the show; Alyson Hannigan. It worked out great. In fact studios always change around their actors to find the right balance. You can actually watch the original Buffy pilot even now and see the other orignal actress in that role.

I'm just saying that is an example and they could very well have Sarah in this part but still allow audiences to catch Shailene's original performance on the DVD's. Since, they put the orignal pilot on the Buffy DVD afterall. ;)

What an amusing turn of events this has been.

This is the dark side of the business. Everyone coming into it knows it's tough but when something like this becomes public, it's humiliating. It doesn't matter who you are. So my heart goes out to Shailene. She'll do fine. After The Descendants and now, Divergent, her burning stardom is rising and can't be stopped.

and at least she got paid. She's the modern day Eric Stolz, in whom was replaced by Michael J. Fox in 'Back to the Future'. That too involved many reshoots.

Everything about this just feels so ****ed up.

Not everything.
Just a little bump on the road. All we have confirmed is Sarah Gadon joined the franchise. Does she look like an MJ type for this universe? Yes. Still no official confirmation of she IS MJ though.

V himself. In fact, some of the scenes still had Purefoy in costume with Weaving's ADR!

All you needed was Weaving's ADR.

I read rumors that Stuart is an ******* and that's why he keeps lossing roles. He was supposed to be in Thor as well I believe.

I can't believe people still undermine the power that people on the internet and especially fans of any brand/franchise have.

Did people not see what happened with the Microsoft's Xbox One just a day ago? Be very sure that these companies pay attention to the hive mind/popular opinion from any given fanbase. They absolutely do listen for better or worse.

I don't know if it's comparable. With the X1, you had the entire E3 event that hailed Sony as Kings, people were essentially able to talk with their wallets by pre-ordering the PS4 over the X1, then you had Jimmy Fallon on national TV pointing out that the PS4 can play used games and doesn't require a constant internet connection. There is just so much that came together. And MS only changed their tune, when they realized they'd lose a ton of money.

With Woodley, all you have are rabid fanboys on the net. Something you can take care of with some makeup and proper lighting, and by showing off in a Trailer that she is right for the role.

All you needed was Weaving's ADR.

I read rumors that Stuart is an ******* and that's why he keeps lossing roles. He was supposed to be in Thor as well I believe.

Nah, Hugo's body acting was genius, too. Purefoy is TV-level (and I love him on TV) and the very demanding role of V was way above him. I'm glad he saw that and bowed out.

As for Stuart... I don't know if he's an *******, but he's a crappy actor. I'll never forgive him or the crew of Queen of the Damned for ruining my favorite vampires interpretation and my favorite vampire character (Lestat).

I didn't get the XBOX comparison either. It's just a completely different situation. Fanboys don't make movies hits the general audience does. If Sony did listen to these uber attractive fanboys then they deserve failure.

I hope some of these losers are happy getting that girl canned. Now you can fantasize about a slightly hotter woman in your parents basements, I suppose.

Nah, Hugo's body acting was genius, too. Purefoy is TV-level (and I love him on TV) and the very demanding role of V was way above him. I'm glad he saw that and bowed out.

As for Stuart... I don't know if he's an *******, but he's a crappy actor. I'll never forgive him or the crew of Queen of the Damned for ruining my favorite vampires interpretation and my favorite vampire character (Lestat).
I agree, Townsend is a lousy boring actor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"